Groove-Along

JulieKay

Sorry to butt in here on your crochet a long, but I saw this and just thought I'd add my two cents! I have the uncoiled safety pins and place an alphabet bead on the pin (move it past the bent part) along with a few other beads just to be pretty. These pins are letters A-S and I have a few sets of them. As soon as I finish my beginning chain of a project, I place the corresponding letter pin to the hook that I'm using. It sure has helped when I end up leaving the project in a bag for MONTHS and then want to get back to work on it! I have no more problems with remembering what hook I used last!

LOVE that idea! Thanks for sharing.

And yes I would have to remember to put it on right away. Sometimes the hook isn't in my crochet bag (little make up bag with hooks, pins, etc)., so I would have to remember early on:blush

Debbi

PS: I would love to see this CAL get going agin. These afghans would make great gifts (have all ready). I love the lapgahn ones that have been done too. Although I think I'll keep mine as a heirloom treasure... maybe...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worked on my Babette a little this weekend (what else are you going to do when you're snowed in). I think I might be finished soon. I have panel 6 and 8 to finish up (yes somehow I ended up odd like that). I measured what I had and going up to the panel 8 will make it long enough for me. So I won't do 9 or 10.

I'm hoping I'm right because I changed some. For the 12 round square on panel 7, I decided to do a 6 round one because I have all ready made a TON of 4 round ones and can fit them in easily. This way I can use them up. Then I took 4 squares with the same boarder and used that as one of the 8 round squares on panel 8. I figured it would make it look interesting at any rate (still sewing that one together).

So I'm hoping to be done with this soon!

Debbi

well my "babette inspired afghan" is sewn together. I have one boarder on it. And about 100 ends to weave in:eek... okay maybe not that many, several squares were weaved in before. But I do have a lot. I would like to do 2 more boarders, one round of 2 colors.

I didn't do all the panels, as stated above. It's big enough for me though.

Debbi

I went through my stash on Sunday...and I found all my babette squares...think i'll just do some more to make a small blanket...have a friend who has a baby, and she'll need a toddler sized blankie next fall...

would love to see a pic of what you've done!!

• 1 month later...

I never block my afghan squares, but others might. Maybe because I used Red Heart and that start out a little stiff (until washed) although I don't have a problem crocheting with it too much. Anyway with RH I have never needed to block the squares. Maybe another yarn, like SS would be better off blocked... .

Here's a poll on what people block

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=95649&highlight=blocking+afghan+squares

Here's another one, where you can make them fit if you need to, but it sounds a bit hard to me...

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=93679&highlight=blocking+afghan+squares

Those might help or give you ideas until someone else who has done the Babette can help.

Debbi

• 9 months later...

I'm still working on this "lovely" afghan! Boy oh boy.....:blush....anyone else still around??????

I've updated my blog with my progress...........

Archived