Groove-Along

JulieKay

Welcome, Mindy !

Thanks for the info, Ann !

Cara- thanks, you're turning into a good sidekick for me. I hook 'em and you reel 'em in .

I think we need us a boat so we can sign up for one of them Bass Pro Fishing Tourneys .

Welcome, Lea ! Good to have you with us. I admit, I was in the Donny Osmond/Bobby Sherman/David Cassidy gang too . Had them posters all over my walls .

How about SHAG carpet, any of you remember that ? Or platform shoes, the MIDI-skirt .... should I go on, or not?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

I must belong in this cal-my son asked me to make him something in neon green and black,so I started a giant granny! The bright colors will be fun to work with in the cold, and snowy days.maybe I can crochet a sugar magnolia

Keep on trukin

I just found another one on lionbrand. http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/cms-vest.html

Cara if you want, I can play with the peace sign. I don't want to step on your toes though. Just let me know.

Go right ahead hon :hug I don't ever feel like anyone's stepping on my toes. I'll take all the help I can get :D

Oh gosh I forgot about the floor pillows! We had one in, yes, orange that Momma crocheted using the loop stitch. Cat kept getting caught in it :lol

Donna - Great start! I'd just add some bi-color squares to smooth it out and you're there :tup

Okay, I want in on this too. I wasn't born in the sixties but have a strange fascination with the colors and the styles of that time. I absolutely love that babette pattern, I think it's in the new Crochet Me book. I'm hoping Santa brings it to me.

I have a question for ya. I could probably use that chart to do a tunsian style square, but I was wondering if I could use that as a chart for an overall gahn. every block on the gahn standing for a square? I think I would prefer to do it that way and I know someone that would love to have a gahn like that. I was just curious if you think it would work.

I made this last year....... is this more of what you are looking for?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v354/CrazeeMoi/Cro%20Graphs/PeaceSignChart.jpg

I eventually want to try this one as well I think this is an awsome pattern. I just have to sit and see if I can wrap my head around the pattern.

Why oh why did I click on this link? Julie, what power do you have over us helpless crocheters? Don't you realize that I already have far too many wip's and ufo's? Don't you know that I don't need another reason to purchase more yarn? Too late... I've been sucked in... As soon as I saw THIS PATTERN I knew it! I think I may end up doing this one...

However, I am going to READ this pattern carefully before starting the project to make sure I'm not biting off more than I can chew... My name for this project? The air name I used back when I was in high school for our radio project... Ready for it? It's so catchy and original... Crazy Donna C! Woo-Hoo! Ok, so my last name doesn't start with a C anymore, so what... Play along...

Oh, and I'm NOT starting this til after Christmas!!! Carry on!!! :crocheting

OMIGOSH!!! All i did was plant a idea in Julie's brain and look what happened!! This is gonna be a blast!

I'm gonna start my Babette after Christmas as well- I'm gonna be working up to the last minute to get my gifts done. Then I'll be on it! i'm going to attempt to use some of my light sportweight chenille for this one. I hate using that dinky hook, and I'll have to play with my square sizes, but it will be fun to see how it comes together.

My colors aren't 60's since this is going in my livingroom. I have cream, two shades of brown, two shades of beige, peach, burgundy, plum, denim blue, ivy green... I think that's all. I'll keep my eyes open for maybe a coral to make it pop.

YIPPEE!

Wow, you guys -- this is all so cool ! I can't believe how much response and good ideas you all have had already !

I had my grandson here all afternoon and they just left, so didnt have time to drop in for a few hours, and look at all the action since then .

I can tell this is gonna be a great lot of fun, to see some of these ideas come to life !

I LOVE the peace sign afghan ideas-- and the huge floor pillows, yep, they had them too .

If anyone is REALLY adventuresome, they could make a beanbag chair, but that'd take a LOT of crocheting !!! :lol

Thanks and welcome to all who have responded,and Julie-- I'm so glad you are happy with the outcome of this so far ! Looks like you got your wish, huh ? And your colors sound very pretty ~

Archived