6X9 Rectangles Donations Needed For Our Troops *UPDATE*

Red67

I was looking through a new catalog from Herrschners last night. I happened to notice the ad for Red Heart "Classic" yarn and a little post that said "we stock every color". Hmmmm......that got me thinking. :think

I'm going to buy one of each color (not all at once), and I'm going to make rectangles. And, I'm going to keep all my leftovers together for a scrap afghan. That way, I'll have a memory for myself afterwards. :devil

Hi Everyone! Now that the Greek Games are done, I've purchased 36 of the 76 colors available in Red Heart's Classic yarn. Per Deborah's request, I will not use pastels while making "Rectangles for the Troops". Those colors will be used for "Warm Up America" rectangles. I'm not going to set a deadline for this challenge...at least for now. I'll update this post as I finish each color, and I'll link it to my signature. Wish me luck!

:hook 102 Rectangles for the Troops & 49 Warm Up America Rectangles Complete!

:yarnCompleted Colors: Black, Nickel, Artichoke, Parakeet, Light Lavender, Light Peach, Light Seafoam, Maize, Mist Green, Sea Coral, Yellow, Rambling Rose, Medium Coral, Emerald Green, Orange, Purple,

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Everyone! Now that the Greek Games are done, I've purchased 36 of the 76 colors available in Red Heart's Classic yarn. Per Deborah's request, I will not use pastels while making "Rectangles for the Troops". Those colors will be used for "Warm Up America" rectangles. I'm not going to set a deadline for this challenge...at least for now. I'll update this post as I finish each color, and I'll link it to my signature. Wish me luck!

You can do it! Go Holly!

Hi,

Just wanted to say that I got my crochet games rectangles in the mail today, They should arrive in 2 days or less. I hope that will be in time for your next PTE.

Thanks for all you do, :hug

Hi,

Just wanted to say that I got my crochet games rectangles in the mail today, They should arrive in 2 days or less. I hope that will be in time for your next PTE.

Thanks for all you do, :hug

Absolutely!!!! As long as the Rectangle Collectors have them by September 12th! :yes

Thank you!!!

P.S. have you thought of making a Veterans' Day Pledge of 6"x9" rectangles? ;)

Mine have been mailed also, yesteerday I was able to get 8 rectangles done, not a record but a new beginning for the next PTE.

Is anyone going to join the challenge of one a day until Veteran's Day? I think it would be a great way to honor those soldiers that have fought and fallen.

I'll be glad to help. My son and daughter were both in Iraq twice. My old group sent me squares and I assembled and sent to wounded soldiers. I'm disabled now but will do as many rectangles as I can. Any particular color? and where do I send them?

Carol W. in NC

I'll be glad to help. My son and daughter were both in Iraq twice. My old group sent me squares and I assembled and sent to wounded soldiers. I'm disabled now but will do as many rectangles as I can. Any particular color? and where do I send them?

Carol W. in NC

Carol - drop me a note at Rectangle6x9@comcast.net and I'll send you the HAP Welcome Note that answers lots of questions. Welcome Aboard, Deborah S-A (StarStrong)

Hello everyone,

Have you joined the challenge to do one a day until Nov 5th to honor Veteran's Day on Nov 11th? If not please consider it.

I am working on my goal of 150 by Nov 5th and I am 1/5th of the way there. I have 31 rectangles , still need to tuck tails so not quite I guess:blush

I hope you are enjoying the weather and helping make a soldier feel loved.:manyheart

Hello friends,

How is everyone doing? Today is another PTE and I would love to be at one someday. I would love to watch the activity, see the wonderful colors being spread out like a rainbow just waiting to be chosen to be in a special afghan for a service member. I would enjoy being chosen to design an afghan and being able to put a special touch to one with the care I would put into making sure that a soldier was covered with not only my love but that of the volunteers that made the rectangles and those that will crochet it together. I can feel the excitement in the air, the challenge ahead to get all those rectangles into the air, passing through so many hands to a finished package of prayers for a great recovery.

I hope that children, ladies and gentlemen have a great day setting up, designing and cleaning up so that I can see the wonder of each afghan.

Thank each and every one of you in this project for supporting the troops both fighting and injured, without them all where would we be?

While the PTE was designing yesterday I crocheted rectangles. I am now at 52/150 for my personal challenge. I still plan on doing 4 a day until I get to my goal.

How is everyone else doing with the One a day for a Vet challenge?

I'm actually a bit behind on my "one a day pledge" :( Somehow other HAP things have been keeping me a bit busy :lol But I know I have some "car time" coming up so I'll get some done then!!!

There's nothing like spending time in a doctor's waiting room for getting rectangles done:P

I totally agree. They are great to make anytime you have to wait or take a drive, as long as you're not the driver:eek. Although there are times at some lights I think hmmmmmmmmmmm maybe my bag should be upfront :lol

I totally agree. They are great to make anytime you have to wait or take a drive, as long as you're not the driver:eek. Although there are times at some lights I think hmmmmmmmmmmm maybe my bag should be upfront :lol

Oh you are not suppose to work on rectangles at the lights :think

They are good for when I'm waiting in line. Looks a bit odd standing there crocheting but I can get a row or two done and it adds up!

Oh you are not suppose to work on rectangles at the lights :think

They are good for when I'm waiting in line. Looks a bit odd standing there crocheting but I can get a row or two done and it adds up!

Plus you can always educate someone that it's called Crocheting...not knitting! My doctor received that information yesterday:lol

Plus you can always educate someone that it's called Crocheting...not knitting! My doctor received that information yesterday:lol

I have done that more than once:lol, I take my to the laundromat for inbetween washing and drying and while waiting for the dryer to stop. I may only get one done, but that is better than none. I always have my bag in the front seat when I am driving, I crochet at railroad stops, some of those trains are very long.

Archived