6X9 Rectangles Donations Needed For Our Troops *UPDATE*

Red67

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:clap:cheerI finished the last 53 I had to make before making 1000 for the year:cheer:clap

I will put them aside for next year.

Wow!! Congratulations!!!!:cheer:clap:hug

I amazed myself, but I really wanted to do something for the troops and this one was so simple, next off to make some afghans to send out in January to a ship, and some Christmas cards with phone cards included for Christmas.

And then in January back to making 6"x9" rectangles :yes Hope so!!!

It's here :clap:clap:clap:clap

The next Put Together (design) Event

for

The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project

Today we have enough 6"x9" rectangles to design over 200 more handmade afghans to send to our military men and women wounded while serving our country!!!!

Thank you to everyone for keeping those crochet hooks going!!!! :yay

Remember more help is needed........

It's here :clap:clap:clap:clap

The next Put Together (design) Event

for

Today we have enough 6"x9" rectangles to design over 200 more handmade afghans to send to our military men and women wounded while serving our country!!!!

Thank you to everyone for keeping those crochet hooks going!!!! :yay

Remember more help is needed........

We did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today we designed 211 more HAP handmade afghans!

Thanks to everyone who took the time to contribute 6"x9" acrylic rectangles!!!

More are needed for our Februry design event - so keep those crochet hooks going :crocheting

Check it out at www.rectangle6x9.org

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder.........

Keep on making those

6"x9" rectangles

each one brings us closer to thanking another

service man or woman who has been wounded in the line of duty!!!

Hold them for now and then in January - it's time to send them in for our first design event of 2009!

Remember:

Every Rectangle Counts!!!!!!!!!

for more information - email Rectangle6x9@comcast.net

Deborah - I made 3 rectangles for you today. :yay Please let us know when you're ready to start receiving them again.

Everyone is welcome to mail the 6"x9" rectangles after January 1st.... our next design event is Feb 1st so early January would be good.

This note came in today from the HAP contact at

Craig Joint Theater Hospital in Afghanistan

It reminds all of us why we keep making 6"x9" rectangles for

If YOU are interested in joining the effort - drop me a note at Rectangle6x9@comcast.net and I'll send you more information.

Here's why we do it!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Ms. Deborah Starobin-Armstrong:

Greetings! Today I received two boxes of the most beautiful afghans I have ever seen. On behalf of our wounded American soldiers, I would like to extend a heartfelt 'thank you' to all the wonderful people of your organization. It is the personal mission of the men and women I serve with to take premium care of our patients. When we distribute your beautiful handmade afghans to our injured, they sure do feel special! It is the thoughtful acts of kindness from our homeland (which may seem a million miles away during this season to most serving here) that makes us all proud to serve. God bless you and your family, the Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project, and God bless America!!

V/r,

//SIGNED//

(name removed) TSgt, USAF

NCOIC, Intensive Care Unit

Task Force MED

BAF, Afghanistan

• 4 weeks later...

A big

:ty to all the members of Crochetville who have

lent a crochet hook to

The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project (HAP)

:sstar:sstar in 2008!!!! :sstar:sstar

As HAP enters it's :sstar:sstar 5th year:sstar:sstar here's a note that reminds us why we make 6"x9" rectangles to thank those wounded in service to our country!!

To all volunteers,

Thank you for the handmade afghan which was given to my husband during his recent hospitalization at Madigan Army Medical Center in Tacoma, WA. (Ft. Lewis).

It is very kind of all of you to put in the time & caring to share your love with veterans. It is very comforting to know how many Americans still appreciate the military & the sacrifices they make for us and the country.

Best wishes to all of you for a healthy & happy 2009.

Sincerely,

CMSgt (Ret) & Mrs. Thomas M.

Looking forward to working with you in 2009 to continue thanking our brave members of the USA military!! Deborah

Thank you for posting this. I was just on their website and what a wonderful job these ladies are doing! I will be signing up as soon as I finish up a few other loose ends. My son was in the first Iraq war back in 1009 - 1991 and this is just a little way I can give back

Lynn

Glad to hear a few new Crochetvillers are interested in joining

The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project :hook

Before you get too far into making 6"x9" rectangles be sure to drop me an email at Rectangle6x9@comcast.net I will send you the "Welcome Note" that gives a bunch more information, hints and also how to get the mailing address (it is not posted anywhere on the web for safety issues).

I look forward to hearing from you!! :yes

The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project is a 100% Volunteer Group that relies completely on donations of space, supplies, effort and postage funds. It is also a nonprofit organization that has not applied for tax-exempt status under Code Section 501©(3). You should consult with your tax advisor regarding the deductibility of contributions to this organization.

• 2 weeks later...

As a member of Soldiers' Angels and their crochet team, I applaud you all for making these afghans. :clap Many people don't realize that when these soldiers arrive at Landstahl in Germany, they have nothing. Their uniforms have been removed for treatment. Believe me, they cherish these handmade afhgans. I had sent 11 afghans to VA Hospital across the US for our brave heroes of wars past. Again, Way to GO!

As a member of Soldiers' Angels and their crochet team, I applaud you all for making these afghans. :clap Many people don't realize that when these soldiers arrive at Landstahl in Germany, they have nothing. Their uniforms have been removed for treatment. Believe me, they cherish these handmade afhgans. I had sent 11 afghans to VA Hospital across the US for our brave heroes of wars past. Again, Way to GO!

What does the Soldiers' Angels crochet team make?

Reminder.....

Mail your 6" x 9" rectangles

NOW

our next design event is on

February 1, 2009

so your rectangles need to arrive before than so we can use them in our next set of handmade afghans to thank those wounded in service to the USA!

:ty for helping to remind our men and women in the military that we have not forgotten them!

Archived