6X9 Rectangles Donations Needed For Our Troops *UPDATE*

Red67

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My boxes are on the way with 64 rectangles and the 2 finished rectangle sets. :hook

I can't wait to see all the beautiful new afghans that will be designed next Sunday. The designers really do an amazing job. :cheer

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Deborah,

I just shipped a package with about 16 rectangles to the west of the Mississippi coordinator today. Hope all is going well with everyone. Thanks for all your hard work.

Alyce

:cheer I would like to get involved in this cause. I have been looking for some way to help. This is wonderful, I can't wait to get started. I need to know where to send the squares. Thank you so much. Bev

:cheer I would like to get involved in this cause. I have been looking for some way to help. This is wonderful, I can't wait to get started. I need to know where to send the squares. Thank you so much. Bev

If you have not already ~ be sure to drop a note to me at Rectangle6x9@comcast.net to get the Welcome Note with lots of useful information!

Welcome Aboard!

• 2 weeks later...

I want to do this. Does anyone have a good pattern for the 6 x 9 rectangle in double crochet. I need a clear pattern thats easily readable. Maybe because I have a headache, but on their site it didn't make sense to me.

Thanks,

Linda

I want to do this. Does anyone have a good pattern for the 6 x 9 rectangle in double crochet. I need a clear pattern thats easily readable. Maybe because I have a headache, but on their site it didn't make sense to me.

Thanks,

Linda

Linda,

Check our website www.rectangle6x9.org there are patterns there.

Also be sure to send a note to me at Rectangle6x9@comcast.net so I can send you the Welcome Note that has more detailed information. :yes

Look forward to hearing from you, Deborah

Hi Deborah,

I've sent several squares to you in the past, and then life got in the way and I haven't made any for quite sometime. Do the same rules apply? If you'll PM me with the address to send them to- I'd love to send a few out before the 4.27 deadline. I'm in Kentucky.

Thanks, and as the mom of a former soldier, I'm looking forward to getting involved in such a good cause once more. :hook

Reminder to those making 6"x9" rectangles...

:gotmailPlease mail or deliver your rectangles by April 27, 2009 :mail

So they arrive in time to be used for our May Put Together Event!!

:ty

:hugThank you,

Debra :hook

• 1 month later...
Hi,

I was able to double crochet 9 rectangles (6x9) with one skein of RHSS (8 oz.) using a

G hook. Also, in photo barely any leftover yarn. Thought this info might be useful.

0416091318.jpg

Linda

Thanks!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project

is still accepting

Six (6) inch by Nine (9) inch

Rectangles

made of 100% acrylic yarn

to be combined into handmade afghans

for those who are wounded in service to our country!

For more information:

check out our website:

www.rectangle6x9.org

and to get the Welcome Note with even more details

email:

Rectangle6x9@comcast.net

Help thank those who have given so much for our country and for us!

Deborah

I am glad you posted this reminder, as soon as I finish what I am working on, which should be a couple of days. I will begin making rectangles.

Debbie

Deborah, send you a private msg, I can put together 2 afghans.

deb

Replied - so everyone knows to participate in The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project you need to join the group.

To do that drop me a note at Rectangle6x9@comcast.net

I will send you the Welcome Note that includes how to join, requirements for making 6"x9" rectangles and how to get the mailing address.

Look forward to hearing from you!!!

Archived