6X9 Rectangles Donations Needed For Our Troops *UPDATE*

Red67

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone,

I had another productive day and managed to pass my target number again. :)

DSCN0006-2.jpg

Day 1 = 8 rectangles

Day 2 = 8 rectangles

We're all doing great!

GO TEAM HAP!

Way to go Judianne and Miss Maxx:cheer:cheer:cheer

I am above my goal right now and I will probably be able to surpass it because I been having insomnia due to migraines that are just bothersome enough to keep me awake (darn weather). It is great to have company with making the rectangles again on this thread and Team HAP.

Congrats to all of the teams that are having a great time during Greek games:manyheart

Way to go Judianne and Miss Maxx:cheer:cheer:cheer

I am above my goal right now and I will probably be able to surpass it because I been having insomnia due to migraines that are just bothersome enough to keep me awake (darn weather). It is great to have company with making the rectangles again on this thread and Team HAP.

Congrats to all of the teams that are having a great time during Greek games:manyheart

Sending you some :mdust:mdust:mdust to help with the migraines.

Last year I went to a lecture given by a herbalist who claimed great success in eliminating her migraines with tea made from fresh mint leaves.

Hope you feel better soon :hug,

Deborah,

I'm right where I need to be to make my goal of 49 rectangles during the Olympic Games. Plus, I've started ordering my "every color of Red Heart Classic" yarn online for my next challenge. That will benefit both "HAP" & "Warm-up America" as I will use the pastel colors for WUA.

Have a great day!

Deborah, I have a question.

Off and on I have been gifted with rectangles for HAP that won't work size-wise.

I know you have some, too...

I was going to use mine in a totally random way for pet blankets for a vet here who rescues animals, but I thought of something else.

I would be willing to "play" with the off-sizes, using a neutral to bring them to a uniform size, and then make ghans for HAP using them exclusively in a pattern.

I was wondering if you thought this would be a good idea...

Deborah, I have a question.

Off and on I have been gifted with rectangles for HAP that won't work size-wise.

I know you have some, too...

I was going to use mine in a totally random way for pet blankets for a vet here who rescues animals, but I thought of something else.

I would be willing to "play" with the off-sizes, using a neutral to bring them to a uniform size, and then make ghans for HAP using them exclusively in a pattern.

I was wondering if you thought this would be a good idea...

Judianne ~ thanks for the thought but I'd rather you use them for the pet blankets..... I appreciate the effort made by the people who gave you the rectangles but HAP is working on having our handmade afghans all have the same pattern (49 rectangles from many different people) so that it helps send the message "Many, many people are thinking of you by sending you their best work". As the patients in the hospitals see all the HAP afghans (of the same design) around it helps them to know there are lots of folks working to thank them.

Thanks for asking, Deborah

Just checked in on Team HAP :crocheting

they are crocheting up a storm!!!!

missmaxx made a great statement that bears repeating:

"Every rectangle is a very special gift"

Love the thought!!!!

:hug

Yes, that is a greaat statement, Way to go Miss Maxx. Great rectangles for the troops Team HAP:cheer

Check it out....

:firecrack:firecrackTeam HAP:firecrack:firecrack

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=83747

is crocheting away

to thank those wounded in service to our country

Unofficial members welcome to compete beside them!

(I'm doing that)

Drop in on them and give them a cheer!!! :cheer:cheer

Hi,

Mission accomplished!

DSCN0002-1.jpg

It's been fun and I'm very glad to say I completed on time for a gold medal. :D

But I'll add that the real gold medal winners are the recipients of an afghan from the Handmade Afghan Project. My rectangles are my way of saying...

Thank You for Your Service.

My first group of rectangles for HAP are on their way!!:clap 21 total (7 red, 7 white, 7 blue). I had fun making them and can't wait to start another group of rectangles. :hook

I enjoy looking at the event photos and the finished products! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! I'm excited to be a part of HAP!!! :cheer

~cadie

Archived