6X9 Rectangles Donations Needed For Our Troops *UPDATE*

Red67

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm working on some rectangles again - bright colors and some autumn colors this time (no pastels...don't panic)

I'll mail them out in a couple of weeks - no later.

I'm working on some rectangles again - bright colors and some autumn colors this time (no pastels...don't panic)

I'll mail them out in a couple of weeks - no later.

Love your color choices :cheer and thank you for remembering NO pastels.... look forward to having your 6"x9" rectangles at the July PTE :yes

Love your color choices :cheer and thank you for remembering NO pastels.... look forward to having your 6"x9" rectangles at the July PTE :yes

Hi Deborah,

I'm working on rectangles this weekend! I've started out by using some really "bright" thread (from Simply Soft) left over from an other afghan I made. :) But, I also have some of the black that I used in the same afghan to kinda balance it out. I hope they're okay! I'll get my finished rectangles in the mail on Tuesday!

Have a great day!

Hi Deborah,

I'm working on rectangles this weekend! I've started out by using some really "bright" thread (from Simply Soft) left over from an other afghan I made. :) But, I also have some of the black that I used in the same afghan to kinda balance it out. I hope they're okay! I'll get my finished rectangles in the mail on Tuesday!

Have a great day!

Sound like excellent HAP colors :cheer

I just completed a couple rectangle sets from the previous PTE and now I will be back making rectangles. I am on my one a day and will have at least 30 by the end of June.:manyheart

Sounds like you've been busy!!!

I've also joined your "one a day" challenge.... am a bit behind (just joined two days ago) but hope to make it to 32 ~ in my office we have 32 days in June (as we close the fiscal year)

HI Deborah :) If I send out my rectangles by the 25th of this month, would that be enough time to get them before the PTE? I am trying to cram in as many as I can and send them all at once, lol.

Thank you!!!

HI Deborah :) If I send out my rectangles by the 25th of this month, would that be enough time to get them before the PTE? I am trying to cram in as many as I can and send them all at once, lol.

Thank you!!!

I think if you get the box in mail by July 1st it should be okay......

Ken,

Awesome!! :clap Can't wait to see the finished HAP afghans!!!

Don't forgot packages received are listed on the HAP Forum.....

Thank you for helping to thank those wounded in service to our country!

Hi,

I've been thinking about participating in the 2008 crochet games here on the ville and thought I'd try a different approach. Am I right in thinking it takes 49 rectangles to make an afghan?

I'm going to try to complete 100 rectangles in the 16 days. The rules say I can't start crocheting the 100 until the torch is lit in Beijing and I have to finish before the torch goes out. Of course I'll need to start training so there may be some more done before that won't count for my challenge but will work for additional rectangle donations. I think about 47 practice ones would do it. :D That would be enough for 3 afghans. I hope I make it!

In any case, it means more rectangles for the troops.

Hi,

I've been thinking about participating in the 2008 crochet games here on the ville and thought I'd try a different approach. Am I right in thinking it takes 49 rectangles to make an afghan?

I'm going to try to complete 100 rectangles in the 16 days. The rules say I can't start crocheting the 100 until the torch is lit in Beijing and I have to finish before the torch goes out. Of course I'll need to start training so there may be some more done before that won't count for my challenge but will work for additional rectangle donations. I think about 47 practice ones would do it. :D That would be enough for 3 afghans. I hope I make it!

In any case, it means more rectangles for the troops.

You don't have to wait for the torch to be lit! You're allowed to start when the opening ceremonies begin! :hook

missmaxx ~ welcome to The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project :hook When you take a break from crocheting 6"x9" rectangles drop me a note at Rectangle6x9@comcast.net so I can send you more information about the project!!!!! Good luck on your goal!

Your rectangles will be combined in up to 100 HAP afghans with the work of other volunteers to make "rectangle afghans" from many, many people....thus sending the good wishes and thoughts of many to each wounded military member who receives a HAP afghan.

Thank you, Deborah

Deborah I finally was able to get to the post office to send back the two afghans I put together plus a bunch of rectangles as well.

Ken the box arrived :clap Haven't had a chance to open it but know the afghans will be beautiful...thank you!

Dropped by to say:

THANK YOU!!!!

:ty:day

You all are amazing...... through the hard work of the folks making 6"x9" (or 9"x6") rectangles we will now have over

12,000 rectangles

:woo

at our July design event... Can't wait to see the beautiful handmade afghans that will be designed to thank those wounded in service in Afghanistan and Iraq

Check out the finished HAP afghans at www.rectangle6x9.org

Each 6"x9" rectangle is another :2hug for one of our wounded military members. Keep them coming more hugs are needed!!!

I have another small batch ready to go and my friend and her daughter have a few to add to the pile...I'll definitely get them mailed out in time for this.

:h5We now have over 13,000

6"x9" Rectangles

to make HAP handmade afghans

to thank those wounded in service to our country

(and I KNOW more are on their way)

Our goal is still to lay out 200 afghans on July 13th.

Our designers are going to have SO many choices because of your hard work :hook:ty

and we will have some "seed" rectangles for our September 2008 Put Together (design) Event!!!

That's great, Deborah!

I'll be mailing mine out on Friday.

Excellent!!! You're 6"x9" rectangles might be the ones to take us over 14,000 ~ each a small "thank you note" for one of our Wounded Warriors!

just to let you know there are 33 wounded from my son's unit spread out between Walter Reed and Womack ( Ft Bragg) since we many crocheters in the Blue Star Mom's group in NC, we will be taking care of the Womack soldiers.. however, if someone is taking Walter Reed one of our 20yo Wounded Warriors has been at Walter Reed since early spring and has lost a foot and might lose another... would we need to send him one for our batch or is walter Reed covered with this project? Glad to do it either way..

:hug

just to let you know there are 33 wounded from my son's unit spread out between Walter Reed and Womack ( Ft Bragg) since we many crocheters in the Blue Star Mom's group in NC, we will be taking care of the Womack soldiers.. however, if someone is taking Walter Reed one of our 20yo Wounded Warriors has been at Walter Reed since early spring and has lost a foot and might lose another... would we need to send him one for our batch or is walter Reed covered with this project? Glad to do it either way..

:hug

Actually we supply handmade afghans to nine military hospitals:

*Walter Reed AMC (every two weeks)

*Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany (every two weeks)

*Andrews Air Force Overnight Facility (for Wounded Warriors moving to centers closer to home/base)

*Brooke AMC

*Craig Joint Theater Hospital in Bagram, Afghanistan

*Eisenhower AMC

*Madigan AMC

*Womack AMC

and *Washington DC Veterans Hospital

So we've got Walter Reed covered for you! Our handmade afghans are delivered (mostly) to the American Red Cross who supplies them for the Chaplins to deliver and directly to the patients.

Since March 2005 we have delivered (as of today ~ there are more going to WRAMC this week)

1,242 handmade afghans.

Over 800 of those to WRAMC. Of course, MANY more are needed.....

Archived