6X9 Rectangles Donations Needed For Our Troops *UPDATE*

Red67

Deborah just wanted to let you know that I also have started on squares for the July event. I had to take a 5 hour drive with a friend this week and that makes a great time to do the squares. They are very travel friendly.:yes

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deborah just wanted to let you know that I also have started on squares for the July event. I had to take a 5 hour drive with a friend this week and that makes a great time to do the squares. They are very travel friendly.:yes

Drives are a great time to make 6"x9" rectangles :clap - as long as you are not driving :drive Excellent!

Deborah, I haven't lost sleep doing the rectangles. I can crank one out in about 25 minutes. So I do that while watching TV at night. If you can recall the yellow ones in my box that you got yesterday, were they OK? :think In an email you sent out you were very specific about the yarn. The yarn I used was from Hobby Lobby and is called I Just Love That Yarn. It seems as strong, but is much softer. If it does not match your needs, I will not make any more rectangles out of it. Please advise. Good luck on the April PTE. I just wish I lived closer so I could be a part of it more.

I am trying to recruit more people for our cause. When I mention what I'm doing to my friends, they want private lessons on how to crochet, which I am happy to help.:hook I have opened my home on Tuesday evenings to any friend or friend of a friend :hug to come and crochet with me. Hopefully in a few weeks you will see the fruits of these new artists. You amaze me at all you do. My goal is to keep you plenty busy:lol.

HL "I Love Yarn" is perfect for making 6"x9" rectangles.... should have mentioned that in the list of "smooth" ww acrylic yarns that can be used... but we don't have HL so I forgot!

I do remember the BRIGHT yellow rectangles :yes Bright colors are good for HAP afghans. We even have some designers who go hunting for bright colors.....

The Tuesday night Circles/Classes sound fun - wish I was closer so I could attend.

Keep on Crocheting!!!:crocheting

You are very welcome. Will mail out more when I get some ready :hug:manyheart.

The next Put Together (design) Event is not until July 2008

so that should give you a bit of time to :crocheting

:yayThanks again for your contribution to thank those wounded in service to our country

I finally mailed mine this morning. :)

(I use RH Soft Yarn for mine)

Excellent :yes I'll post here when they arrive.

Thank you for helping to thank those wounded in service to our country!

A quick reminder to

everyone making :waving

6"x9" rectangles....

:hiplease get them in the mail on Monday.

The HAP Put Together (design) Event

is this coming weekend and

it would be great to have your rectangles

(and you if you are in the Wash DC area)

attend

Thank you SO much for helping to thank our military members wounded in Afghanistan and Iraq

I hope my squares make it to you by today, I mailed them this past Monday, a week ago---have started on some more---plan on sending a small box of them this time:)

Sheree

I'm so sorry. I missed the deadline :(

Is it still okay if I send them this week for the next put-together?

If you could wait a couple weeks it would be really helpful but if not, mail away. For the next couple weeks I have a space/storage problem. This weekend at the Put Together (design) Event there most likely will be over 100 afghans designed/pinned and they have to be stored in the limited space we have..... but fear not - your 6"x9" rectangles are always welcome so do what works for you.... Thank you for helping to thank those wounded in service in Afghanistan and Iraq.

I finally mailed mine this morning. :)

(I use RH Soft Yarn for mine)

Mimi your rectangles arrived :clap

The stitch you used is really pretty - does it have a name?????

Thank you for helping to thank those wounded in service in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Angelfire....

Thank you for crocheting together two HAP handmade afghans. Your work is beautiful and it's so cool to see the work of so many people coming together :hug

Thank you also for the beautiful 6"x9" rectangles to help thank those wounded in service to our country.

I hope my squares make it to you by today, I mailed them this past Monday, a week ago---have started on some more---plan on sending a small box of them this time:)

Sheree

They arrived!!! :mail and are beautiful!!!!!!!

Thanks again to EVERYONE for making 6"x9" rectangles... there are now enough for the group to design up to 160 handmade afghans for our Wounded Warriors - hopefully we will have the time and energy :bounce

Check out the website www.rectangle6x9.org at the end of NEXT week to see photos.

Thank you for being part of my circle of friends :ghug helping to thank those wounded in service to our country, Deborah

I'm so glad the squares finally made it:) I guess I was a little anxious for them to get there; this is my first group participation for a very worthy cause and I'm very grateful to be part of it:)

Sheree

I'm so glad the squares finally made it:) I guess I was a little anxious for them to get there; this is my first group participation for a very worthy cause and I'm very grateful to be part of it:)

Sheree

Very glad to have you! :jumpyay

Thanks SO much to everyone who sent 6"x9" rectangles for the HAP Put Together (design) Event!!! :cheer:cheer:cheer

Your hard work :crocheting has gotten us enough rectangles to lay out over 150 handmade afghans.

That's another 150 Wounded Warriors who will be warmed body and spirit.

:woo

Please keep on making 6"x9" rectangles - we have a ways to go.

The next scheduled event is in July 2008 so you have time to whip out some 6"x9" rectangles.

Thank YOU for helping to thank those wounded in service in Afghanistan and Iraq. :ty:ty

Thanks SO much to everyone who sent 6"x9" rectangles for the HAP Put Together (design) Event!!! :cheer:cheer:cheer

Your hard work :crocheting has gotten us enough rectangles to lay out over 150 handmade afghans.

That's another 150 Wounded Warriors who will be warmed body and spirit.

:woo

Please keep on making 6"x9" rectangles - we have a ways to go.

The next scheduled event is in July 2008 so you have time to whip out some 6"x9" rectangles.

Thank YOU for helping to thank those wounded in service in Afghanistan and Iraq. :ty:ty

That is soo great!! I have been passing the word around. I think I've got 1-2 people intested in making rectangles!!!

That is soo great!! I have been passing the word around. I think I've got 1-2 people intested in making rectangles!!!

:flowerThank you for spreading the word - there are many more Wounded Warriors to thank - so more HAP handmade afghans to make....

Every Rectangle Counts!!!

Archived