6X9 Rectangles Donations Needed For Our Troops *UPDATE*

Red67

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will finally be shipping out the two completed rectangle sets and an additional 25 rectangles this week since the weather has let up!

Glad your weather is getting better. In Maryland some of the trees :tree think it is Spring... but the rains are coming. :rain

I'll keep my eyes open for your package and post when it arrives.

Thanks so much for all your hard work for HAP! :clap

I am making some :crocheting:crocheting:crocheting but those DGC want some attention so not as many as normal:no will get some ready to send soon, before PTE for sure.:hook

Sometimes you have to balance family and charity.... no worries.

Every 6"x9" rectangle you can send will be appreciated. :flower

Also the box of rectangle sets went out yesterday. You should get it this weekend or early next week. Happy :crocheting

Looking forward to them. I left most of my rectangles at home, I plan on going home after Easter to retrieve them and get them sent out. I know that I have at least 112 to send, but got the call to head south before I could get to a PO.

Looking forward to them. I left most of my rectangles at home, I plan on going home after Easter to retreive them and get them sent out. I know thaqt I have at least 112 to send, but got the call to head south before I could get to a PO.

Awesome!! :cheer

Just let me know when they are sent so I can keep my eyes open (harder to do these days as I'm sleeping less - too much to do! But enjoying that so many people are willing to give their time/energy to thank those wounded in service to our country)

I finished crocheting my 7th rectangle for the challenge. I still need to tuck tails and I will try to get them in the mail tomorrow.:manyheart

That's great :clap The afghan crocheters will love you for tucking in the ends.... :hug

Thank you for helping to thank those wounded in service to our country, Deborah

Do you believe another week is ending....

So how you doing on the

"make at least one 6"x9" acrylic rectangle a week" challenge???

Two more weeks to go.....

then it's time to mail the 6"x9" rectangles so they arrive in time for the April 6th Put Together (design) Event

Can't wait to see your beautiful work!!! :cheer

When do want them there exactly - I forgot.

I need them before the event on April 6th - so I figure if you mail them by March 29th they will arrive in time. Of course any 6"x9" rectangles that don't get to the April event will be used for the July event...... we just keep going as there continue to be wounded from Afghanistan and Iraq.

Thanks so much for your hard work!!! Deborah

I have 10 complete, and I've got one started. I keep getting distracted with the things I want to do for my kids, though, so I think I'll just do what I can through the weekend and mail them off Monday. Could be 11, could be 15. I don't know. :)

I have 10 complete, and I've got one started. I keep getting distracted with the things I want to do for my kids, though, so I think I'll just do what I can through the weekend and mail them off Monday. Could be 11, could be 15. I don't know. :)

EVERY 6"x9" rectangle you send will be appreciated!!!! :cheer

I've got 45 going out tomorrow or Monday. A little more than the original 20 :clap. I will continue to do them but I wanted to get these out to you.

Great going!! :cheer Every 6"x9" rectangle is a message of warmth for a wounded service member. Thank you!

Hey Deborah they went out today and should be there soon. They told me for 10 cents more I could ship them first class and they should arrive in 3 days so I said "go for it", :dance There is some ribbon and pins in the box also.

:mailThe mail today brought more of your beautiful 6"x9" rectangles.

Big Thank you :tyto

Gramof11

and

Redbud Girl

Remember everyone - your contributions will help thank those wounded in service to our country!

:jumpyayGot to open HAP packages today :jumpyay

A big THANK you to

Pat54

The rectangles are perfect - keep on making those 6"x9" rectangles!!

Thank you also for the ribbon and pins - they will come in handy!

:jumpyayGot to open HAP packages today :jumpyay

A big THANK you to

Pat54

The rectangles are perfect - keep on making those 6"x9" rectangles!!

Thank you also for the ribbon and pins - they will come in handy!

Glad you received them and they are what you need. My girlfriend who's son just finished his second tour in Iraq bought me about 15 skeins of yarn so I could keep on making them so there will be more coming your way.:yes

Glad you received them and they are what you need. My girlfriend who's son just finished his second tour in Iraq bought me about 15 skeins of yarn so I could keep on making them so there will be more coming your way.:yes

When you send your next group of 6"x9" rectangles please include a note with her name (and that she donated yarn) so I can add her to the thank you note that goes with each HAP handmade afghans. The note includes a list of the volunteers and donors - first name, last initial.... right now it's up to over 350 names.

Hey Deborah I got the email that said you were resting for a few days. I hope you are feeling better now.

Resting for me means moving at a slower speed...

:snail

been doing that today. Now to do some crocheting.

Thanks for asking :U

Deborah,

I know how hard it is to slow down, but please take good care of yourself. We all need you!:hug This is a great cause, but it's not worth your health either :no. Remember :thinkwhat you tell us, this is supposed to be fun:cheer. We all care about you.:ghug

Deborah,

I know how hard it is to slow down, but please take good care of yourself. We all need you!:hug This is a great cause, but it's not worth your health either :no. Remember :thinkwhat you tell us, this is supposed to be fun:cheer. We all care about you.:ghug

Worry not, I am taking care of myself..... and having fun. I love the warmth and good wishes that each of the HAP handmade afghans brings to a wounded military member. Also brings me joy.

P.S. I'm on Spring Break this week so it's a good time for me to relax :crocheting

Archived