6X9 Rectangles Donations Needed For Our Troops *UPDATE*

Red67

I don't think I'll be able to do 7, with my other projects at the moment (both are due within a couple of weeks and as you can tell from my sig, I'm not doing too well with them!), but I'm shooting for 4 rectangles. Got 2 done so far and started a third. :)

No worries :) Every Rectangle Counts!!

Your 4 6"x9" rectangles might be the perfect ones to complete a beautiful handmade afghan!!

Good luck on getting your other projects done on time.

Thank you for helping to thank those wounded in service to our country, Deborah

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if someone will send me a pattern for these I will be more then happy to make some

There are several patterns on The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project (HAP) website: www.rectangle6x9.org

Also if you drop me an email at rectangle6x9@comcast.net I will send you the HAP Welcome note that includes some other hints and information.

Thanks for helping to thank those wounded in service to our country, Deborah (HAP Founder and National/International Coordinator)

FYI....I mailed a few out today. I did a couple with front-post/back-post dc, let me know if you think it's too loose. I was looking for a variation.

Thank you!

FYI....I mailed a few out today. I did a couple with front-post/back-post dc, let me know if you think it's too loose. I was looking for a variation.

Thank you!

I'll let you know when they arrive :mail

StarStrong,

I just mailed 7 rectangles to you. They are coming from Muncie, IN, and should be to you in a few days. The post office person told me fat envelopes like the one I sent you were considered "First Class Parcel Post" and are prices as is and not by the ounce. I will try and get as many to you by the end of March as possible.

Thanks again for all of YOUR hard work.

Redbud Girl :hug

Redbud Girl - will keep my eyes open for your package and post when it arrives!! :yay

MimiFL - sounds like a nice stitch. As long as it provides warmth it works.

Thanks to everyone for making the 6"x9" rectangles to thank those wounded in service to our country, Deborah

We are getting to the end of the week

so I thought I would check in and

see how everyone is doing on their

at least one 6"x9" rectangle a week challenge

:hi

Looking forward to hearing from you!

:compute

I have my seven ready to go, hopefully have another seven done before the deadline :hook

Excellent!! :woo

Every 6"x9" rectangle we have for our April design event brings us one step closer to thanking another military member wounded while keeping us safe!

P.S. Remember after our April design event we will STILL need 6"x9" acrylic rectangles - we already have design events scheduled in July and September 2008.

end of the week 1 and I almost have 3 total or will have three by the end of the night...

end of the week 1 and I almost have 3 total or will have three by the end of the night...

Great going!! :bounce

Every 6"x9" rectangle is another step to thanking those wounded in service to our country!

Everyone - Keep Up the GREAT work!!!

Thank you!

:day

Smith - Hi! Your package arrived and the 6"x9" rectangles are beautiful!!!

Btw thanks so much for making some in white and in black - we ALWAYS need those, they help us work together the "unique" ones we have.

Thanks again to everyone helping us thank those wounded in service to our country..... this week we sent handmade afghans to Womack AMC (Ft Bragg, NC) and Brooke AMC (TX).

Hi Everyone!!!

As you are thinking about what color to use next for your

6"x9" rectangles :crocheting

can I offer a suggestion...:idea

we REALLY need

White and Off-White

6"x9" rectangles

to help make more beautiful and comforting handmade afghans for our military members wounded in service to our country

I've got 11 oz of brushed white yarn, I'm not sure if it's too foo-fooey for men. Any ideas?

Hi Everyone!!!

As you are thinking about what color to use next for your

6"x9" rectangles :crocheting

can I offer a suggestion...:idea

we REALLY need

White and Off-White

6"x9" rectangles

to help make more beautiful and comforting handmade afghans for our military members wounded in service to our country

Deborah,

I should be sending out the two completed rectangle sets this week, along with 25 rectangles or so...most of which are done in RHSS Aran color...

I have my rectangle done for this week.:cheer I will look to see if I have any white or off white in my stash.

:clap Good going!! Remember Every Rectangle Counts!!!

One is good and more is great :hook

Deborah,

I should be sending out the two completed rectangle sets this week, along with 25 rectangles or so...most of which are done in RHSS Aran color...

Ken,

Will let you know when the box arrives! Thanks so much, Deborah

Deborah,

I have 22 ready to go and since seeing the post about the white, off-white needed, I will start on some more using those colors. Yes, I completed by challenge for one a week a little early. :clap Now that gives me some more time to do the white ones. I plan to ship these out to you the middle of March so you have them on time.

pat54 and KimberlyInHawaii....

Sounds like you have been busy! Thanks so much for jumping in :bounce and making some white/off-white 6"x9" rectangles! I'll keep my eyes open for your packages.

Thank you for helping to thank those wounded in service to our country!!

Archived