6X9 Rectangles Donations Needed For Our Troops *UPDATE*

Red67

:)

http://www.rectangle6x9.org/

At this site they give great pointers to start....click on the left side-bar where it says crochet.

It does help to have a peice of cardboard cut out to measure.

:cheer Happy Crocheting!! :cheer

Also anyone interested in helping The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project (HAP) (called 6"x9" on this thread) should drop me an email at Rectangle6x9@comcast.net and I'll send you the "welcome note" that has more hints and important information. This is also the only way to get the mailing address ;)

Thank you for your interest in thanking those wounded in service to our country, Deborah S-A (HAP Founder and National/International Coordinator)

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I challenge everyone that has replied to this thread to make one rectangle a week until March 31st. It is only like 7 rectangles and think how many it could add up to.

I will join the challenge. I already started and have 13 already done. I will make the additional 7 before sending them out. :hook

My five were in the mail before the challenge, I can do more and send them along. Please if you are reading this post...help us thank our armed forces for the sacrifices they make to keep us all free and safe!!

:yay

Welcome aboard the

"make at least one a week" 6"x9" rectangle challenge

kwoolls

and

7pawz

Don't forget - if you haven't already - drop me a note at rectangle6x9@comcast.net so I can send you the "welcome note" with hints and more information on the needs of the project.

Thank you for helping to thank those wounded in service to our country, Deborah

I am in! I will be honored to make one a week --- so for this next one we should send you 7? Is that the correct number?

THANK YOU AGAIN AND AGAIN DEBORAH:cheerYOU ROCK:cheer

I am in! I will be honored to make one a week --- so for this next one we should send you 7? Is that the correct number?

THANK YOU AGAIN AND AGAIN DEBORAH:cheerYOU ROCK:cheer

mbcindy,

Thanks for the smile!! The challenge is for "at least one 6"x9" acrylic rectangle a week until the end of March" HOWEVER feel free to send more 6"x9" rectangles if the mood hits you :hook

Every 6"x9" rectangle is a step towards thanking another military member wounded in service to our country, Deborah

I hate to ask this, but do we need a single crochet border around the rectangles? I do understand that we don't block them. sorry:blush

Good question...... maybe :hookHere's the deal. The rectangles MUST be 6"x9" so that we can work together lots of people's rectangles into each handmade afghan.

So if you crochet a rectangle and it is 6"x9" without pulling, stretching or pushing then "no" - you don't need a sc border.

But if you find your rectangle is smaller than 6"x9" - feel free to add a border to get it to the right size.

Feel free to ask any other questions you have - my bet is you are not the only one with that question :)

Mailed out a package this morning containing rectangles, safety pins and red white and blue ribbon.

:clap Thank you! I look forward to adding your 6"x9" rectangles to the collection for our April design event.

Thanks to everyone for helping to thank those wounded in service to our country, Deborah

I've been through most of this thread and missed where the challenge was issued. Sounds interesting. I just signed up at 6x9 Rectangle and made 2 last night. This will be something I can do at night as I make quilts during the day for Quilts of Valor. It's the same concept only with quilts. I am a wife of a career serviceman, mother of a vet who served in Afghanistan, and sister of a vet who served in Viet Nam. So the servicemen causes are near and dear to my heart.

I challenge everyone that has replied to this thread to make one rectangle a week until March 31st. It is only like 7 rectangles and think how many it could add up to.

Here you go - the original challenge. It was post #259.

Will you join us?

Thanks Deborah, I have four finished already. Next week, I will be traveling to Florida to spend time with my son in the hospital. I plan on getting a lot done then. I printed labels on the computer for large mailing envelopes. That way I won't have to stuff the rectangles in my suitcase. I can just mail them to you. Also, by having the mailing envelopes ready, I will be encouraged to mail them more frequently. Thankd for all your good work in this worthy cause. :clap

Mailed out a package this morning containing rectangles, safety pins and red white and blue ribbon.

That is one fast postal service...... it arrived today :clap

Thank you for the beautiful 6"x9" rectangles and the supplies. I'd not seen that ribbon before (red, white and blue together in thin ribbon). I think I'll use it with a strand of white - don't want anyone feeling they didn't get as many strands of ribbon as the next guy ;)

Thanks!! Deborah

That is one fast postal service...... it arrived today :clap

Thank you for the beautiful 6"x9" rectangles and the supplies. I'd not seen that ribbon before (red, white and blue together in thin ribbon). I think I'll use it with a strand of white - don't want anyone feeling they didn't get as many strands of ribbon as the next guy ;)

Thanks!! Deborah

It sure did arrive quickly :cheer:clap Yw and ty for giving me an opportunity to help!!!!! Glad to know they arrived. I bought that ribbon at HL and that was the only 3 rolls of that they had. The day I went to HL they only had a few choices because they were reorganizing that whole aisle. Go figure they would reorganize the ribbon aisle the week the ribbon was 50% off :think:lol.

I don't think I'll be able to do 7, with my other projects at the moment (both are due within a couple of weeks and as you can tell from my sig, I'm not doing too well with them!), but I'm shooting for 4 rectangles. Got 2 done so far and started a third. :)

It sure did arrive quickly :cheer:clap Yw and ty for giving me an opportunity to help!!!!! Glad to know they arrived. I bought that ribbon at HL and that was the only 3 rolls of that they had. The day I went to HL they only had a few choices because they were reorganizing that whole aisle. Go figure they would reorganize the ribbon aisle the week the ribbon was 50% off :think:lol.

Let's hear it for great timing!! :yes

Archived