6X9 Rectangles Donations Needed For Our Troops *UPDATE*

Red67

Deborah--keep resting and going slower!!!!!

we all worry! Just finished another 6 by 9 rectangle for you:crocheting:hug

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deborah, I have a stack of rectangles that keeps growing daily...and my friend and her daughter (Ashley) are also making more. I'm checking their gauge carefully - caught "Mom's" rectangle being a little small, so we're taking care of it.

I think you mentioned bundling together rectangles (tying them with yarn?) that we make, which are all the same size and color?

Deborah, I have a stack of rectangles that keeps growing daily...and my friend and her daughter (Ashley) are also making more. I'm checking their gauge carefully - caught "Mom's" rectangle being a little small, so we're taking care of it.

I think you mentioned bundling together rectangles (tying them with yarn?) that we make, which are all the same size and color?

I actually safety pin them together. I think bundling them with yarn is better.

I actually safety pin them together. I think bundling them with yarn is better.

Both work... at the Put Together (design) Events we have small buckets to put the pins and lots of scissors to cut tied yarn. So all bases are covered :idea

Had to share with you....

We have over 4,900 6"x9" rectangles

for our April Put Together (design) event!! :cheer:cheer:cheer

I know you all have more that you are planning to send in the next week to take us over the top! :woo:woo

Every time we collect 49 6"x9" rectangles it means another wounded warrior can be thanked for their sacrifice!!

Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap

Yea!! Another 100+ blankets ready to go soon!!

I am mailing approx 20 tomorrow, hopefully you'll get them mid-week.

How are you doing on the colors? Still needing neutral black and white?

:clap

How are you doing on the colors? Still needing neutral black and white?

Always can use the black and white 6"x9" rectangles.... but don't let that keep you from making other colors. Part of the fun at the Put Together (design) Event is to see how the designers use the 6"x9" rectangles they have.......

There really are very few rules to what they can and can't do:

1) no religious symbols

2) no flags (can you imagine the poor soldier who gets sick on the flag)

3) no single color afghans

That's it............

How fun!!! I'd love to go to an event but living on the Pacific Coast it's impossible. I really like looking at all the designs people come up with in the pictures! I'd love to see and feel the different textures of all the different designs and even the sheer number of rectangles people have so dearly put loving touches into.

Good Job!!! :hug

How fun!!! I'd love to go to an event but living on the Pacific Coast it's impossible. I really like looking at all the designs people come up with in the pictures! I'd love to see and feel the different textures of all the different designs and even the sheer number of rectangles people have so dearly put loving touches into.

Good Job!!! :hug

Where is that transporter when you need it :2magic

I'm Debbie L in OK. I am so sorry I forgot to write a note and enclose it with my 6x9's. I was actually in line at the post office when I remembered and didn't want to rip up the envelope, so I did write my 'handle' on the back of the envelope, but didn't know if you would see it. Hopefully, I can remember with my next batch.

Anyway, thank you for letting me know you got them. I'll be working on some more!

DebInOK

I'm Debbie L in OK. I am so sorry I forgot to write a note and enclose it with my 6x9's. I was actually in line at the post office when I remembered and didn't want to rip up the envelope, so I did write my 'handle' on the back of the envelope, but didn't know if you would see it. Hopefully, I can remember with my next batch.

Anyway, thank you for letting me know you got them. I'll be working on some more!

DebInOK

I'm going to have to check that out.... I was so thrilled by the beautiful 6"x9" rectangles it never crossed my mind to look past the return address.

Thanks again!:yay

P.S. Thought DebInOK might be you but didn't want to get it wrong :D

I have 10 complete, and I've got one started. I keep getting distracted with the things I want to do for my kids, though, so I think I'll just do what I can through the weekend and mail them off Monday. Could be 11, could be 15. I don't know. :)

Wrenak your box arrived :clap

Don't sell yourself short - the 6"x9" rectangles are beautiful :cheer

Nice collection of stitches. They will add another texture to the HAP handmade afghans. :ty

Wow, that was fast! Glad they arrived safely and that they are usable. :) I look forward to helping again later in the year.

Wow, that was fast! Glad they arrived safely and that they are usable. :) I look forward to helping again later in the year.

I am thrilled about how fast the USPS has been getting the HAP stuff to and from you all..... :clap

wrenak look forward to any additional 6"x9" rectangles you want to make for HAP

Every Rectangle Counts!!!

I received my box of rectangles on Thursday and finished joining them and will be sending out on Monday or Tuesday along with some rectangles:manyheart

angelfire - wow! That was fast.... thank you so much for giving your time to thank those wounded in service to our country!!:fame

I have a package of rectangles will mail them out on Monday!! :mail

Excellent :jumpyay They are sure to make it for the April Put Together (design) Event!!! More handmade afghans to thank those wounded in service to keep us safe!

Archived