6X9 Rectangles Donations Needed For Our Troops *UPDATE*

Red67

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Want to learn more about what The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project is about??? :yes

Check out the video links at the top of this story....

http://www.voanews.com/english/2008-04-17-voa42.cfm

Then join us! Drop me a note at rectangle6x9@comcast.net and I'll send you more information about the project :cheer

Hope you will help us thank those wounded in service to our country, Deborah

Want to learn more about what The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project is about??? :yes

Check out the video links at the top of this story....

http://www.voanews.com/english/2008-04-17-voa42.cfm

Then join us! Drop me a note at rectangle6x9@comcast.net and I'll send you more information about the project :cheer

Hope you will help us thank those wounded in service to our country, Deborah

they talk about grabbing a crochet hook and crocheting a rectangle and show someone with knitting needles. Some people really don't know the difference. It is a great article though and I think I will forward the link to my son and DIL to read.

they talk about grabbing a crochet hook and crocheting a rectangle and show someone with knitting needles. Some people really don't know the difference. It is a great article though and I think I will forward the link to my son and DIL to read.

True but they were showing both crocheters and knitters were attending the circle... :D

Don't forget to have them watch the video!

That was great Deborah, I just sent it out to some friends of mine. I'm meeting with a group of ladies tomorrow that I'm hoping to get to join us in making rectangles. I'm going to print out your email and what it's about and see if I can get them going.:yes

That was great Deborah, I just sent it out to some friends of mine. I'm meeting with a group of ladies tomorrow that I'm hoping to get to join us in making rectangles. I'm going to print out your email and what it's about and see if I can get them going.:yes

Pat - HI! I just emailed you a flyer that is better to give to people you want to tell about HAP.... has lots of hints and information.

Let me know if you don't get it.

Thanks for spreading the word about HAP :clap

I am challenging my self to make 5 a week until the July PTE. If I mail out the second week in July that should be about 60 rectangles:clap. I've got 3 done so far. :hook:crocheting:hook

So you can plan ...... The Put Together (design) Event is on July 13 (Sunday).

Best to mail at least 1 to 1 1/2 weeks before that....

of course anything that doesn't make it to the July PTE can come play at the September PTE

Good luck on your goal!!!! :hook

Are we still holding off on shipping rectangles until later now that there are two new people to send them to?

I am SO sorry, but I am a little confused on when to send the rectangles and who they should now be sent to.

And I DOUBLE apologize if this has already been covered and I missed it...

I have been off track lately.

Any info would be much appreciated, thank you!:manyheart

Are we still holding off on shipping rectangles until later now that there are two new people to send them to?

I am SO sorry, but I am a little confused on when to send the rectangles and who they should now be sent to.

And I DOUBLE apologize if this has already been covered and I missed it...

I have been off track lately.

Any info would be much appreciated, thank you!:manyheart

Unless I missed something they all get sent to Deborah (Starstrong). You can send them any time but we try and make sure to get them to her in time for the "put together event" held every couple of months. The next event is July 13th so if you can, mail them a week to week and a half before so they get there on time. Some mail them as they go along, others like myself will just hold them and send them all at once, since I"m hoping to make at least 50. Hope this helps.:D

Sorry for any confusion....

Please do NOT mail anything yet.

Once the two volunteers and I have set up a system the information will go out to the HAP Listserv. At that time you will be given information as to who you should mail your 6"x9" rectangles and when you can start mailing them. Most people will no longer be sending them to me.

My note on this forum was to let YummyMummyJennifer know that she (and others) will need to mail their rectangles at least a week to 1 1/2 weeks before July 13 so she does not have as many weeks to meet her goal. That way she can adjust her goal if she would like.

The plan right now is to send out this information to the HAP Listserv by mid-May.

Hope that answers your questions. If not, please check the HAP Forum for more information. Thanks, Deborah

Sorry for any confusion....

Please do NOT mail anything yet.

Once the two volunteers and I have set up a system the information will go out to the HAP Listserv. At that time you will be given information as to who you should mail your 6"x9" rectangles and when you can start mailing them. Most people will no longer be sending them to me.

My note on this forum was to let YummyMummyJennifer know that she (and others) will need to mail their rectangles at least a week to 1 1/2 weeks before July 13 so she does not have as many weeks to meet her goal. That way she can adjust her goal if she would like.

The plan right now is to send out this information to the HAP Listserv by mid-May.

Hope that answers your questions. If not, please check the HAP Forum for more information. Thanks, Deborah

Sorry Deborah, I guess I did miss something. I read all my HAP notices but obviously I must have missed something. Thanks for the info and I'll make sure I pay more attention. Wouldn't want things going in the wrong direction:no Right now I'll just keep on :crocheting until it's time to send and stay out of trouble.;)

Sorry Deborah, I guess I did miss something. I read all my HAP notices but obviously I must have missed something. Thanks for the info and I'll make sure I pay more attention. Wouldn't want things going in the wrong direction:no Right now I'll just keep on :crocheting until it's time to send and stay out of trouble.;)

Pat, it sounds like you skim read like I do...I miss A LOT of things:blush:lol...

Yes, I guess I do but somethings I need to pay attention to, like my HAP notices.:blush I'd be sending them in the wrong direction:eek .

No worries.... they would still make it to the July 13 Put Together (design) Event. Change takes some getting use to..... as I said before - more mailing info coming to the HAP Listserv in mid-May.

If you are interested in making 6"x9" rectangles to help thank those wounded in service to our country be sure to drop me a note at rectangle6x9@comcast.net so I can send you more information on how to get on the HAP Listserv.

Deborah (Founder and National/International Coordinator of The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project (HAP) - www.rectangle6x9.org)

Good thing you are warning me in advance :lol so this time I can carefully read my notes:bookand not get confused:confused. The worse is I thought I had it straight.:blush

I'll make sure I keep watching Deborah. Thanks for keeping an eye on me.:yes

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

There are now volunteers from 49 states and 4 countries, we need to have someone from South Dakota, anyone out there from South Dakota want to join in on the fun?

:cheer:cheerCome on South Dakota, let's make this a 50 state project, YEAH.:cheer:cheer

Archived