6X9 Rectangles Donations Needed For Our Troops *UPDATE*

Red67

Admin Note: The HAP project is coming to a close over the next few months. At the request of StarStrong (Deborah, the Founder and Director of HAP), all threads are being closed to help ease the transition period. Crochetville and its members are proud to have been a part of supporting this organization and helping them make and send over 9,000 afghans to armed service members.

Hi Everyone;:heart

This wonderful charity, started and run by Deborah Starobin-Armstrong; brings comfort to our Wounded Troops.We contribute 6x9 rectangles and they are crocheted together by volunteers into wonderful afghans and delivered to Hospitals for our Wounded. Over 800 afghans have been completed so far.

Please take the time ;if you can, to donate some rectangles...any amount is appreciated..please go to the GET INVOLVED section on the website listed below.

:heart UPDATE: If you are also interested in putting together an afghan Deborah will be happy to mail you a set of rectangles and instructions,, but due to budget limits it would be very appreciated if you can pay for postage to mail back..if interested please EMAIL Deborah on the rectangle site...Thank you..each square counts!! and your help is much appreciated by our TROOPS you can read their thank yous' and pics on the website....

......Thank you .......

Here is the Link :hug

http://www.rectangle6x9.org/

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you for listing this link, I and my daughter will be joining.

:manyheartThank you it will be much appreciated..every rectangle is used and appreciated...

Thank you for posting this link..it is a worthy cause as soon as I clear up some other promised charity work, I will sign up!

:tyMuch Appreciated...:manyheart

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.. looks like a wonderful charity..I'll be contributing!

:tyThank you...and please thank your Son for me and my family for his service...God Bless you all ,during this time of Thanksgiving......:manyheart

Ro

Does it matter what color or yarn?

I will join.

:clapHi and thank you, they ask us to stay away from pinks/mint/very light colors.. I am using Royal blue; browns;red; etc(there are some other ideas on the link site too) and the hdc stitch since it goes very fast; also I put the squares in a large envelope for mailing along with some red white and blue ribbon and large safety pins which they are very thankful for when they have the put together events..again God Bless and thank you.

:manyheart

I have been making these for awhile.. our local ACMoore store has a place for collection so I just take a bunch there when they are done..

:ty I think the boxes at AC Moore and Michaels are for

"Warm Up America "which is also a wonderful Charity using rectangles.

I don't know about AC Moore, but Michaels' box is for Warm Up America. It wouldn't matter so much if the sizes for both charities were the same...BTW-I started making rectangles for this cause the other day. Will add more as I complete other projects and have leftover yarn.

Sent an email...to rectangles...hope to start soon. Many thanks for the link...such a great way to support our troops.

:day Thank You soooooo Much...:clap:manyheart

:heart Just received an update email from Deborah and 12 more afghans were delivered to Walter Reed Hospital

This brings the total of 823 afghans; put together and delivered and mailed by those wonderful volunteers to soldiers and families........

Have a Blessed Thanksgiving.!!.just ONE rectangle makes the difference...

.....................................:manyheart..............................................

http://www.rectangle6x9.org/

This is such a great idea. I am going to start making some as soon as I finish my Christmas projects. I am sure my sons wife will want to help to. She is staying with us while my son is deployed. He is suppose to return in February. She recently made a lapgan for a ww 2 vet in a wheel chair at our local VFW.

This is such a great idea. I am going to start making some as soon as I finish my Christmas projects. I am sure my sons wife will want to help to. She is staying with us while my son is deployed. He is suppose to return in February. She recently made a lapgan for a ww 2 vet in a wheel chair at our local VFW.

:ty Thank you so much....and Please thank your Son,and his wife for their service....from me and my family....God Bless you all He will be in our thoughts and prayers this Thanksgiving.

Wow Im glad I read this.... I have tons of yarn ( left over skeins ) that I was going to give to the senior center or school, but I am thinking that this will be a much better casue to give it to. Besides I can still donate the pinks and other light colors to the schools or senior center. And after the first of the year I can devote more time to crocheting some 6 x 9 blocks. This is a wonderful project! Thanks so much for sharing it!

Doey

Wow Im glad I read this.... I have tons of yarn ( left over skeins ) that I was going to give to the senior center or school, but I am thinking that this will be a much better casue to give it to. Besides I can still donate the pinks and other light colors to the schools or senior center. And after the first of the year I can devote more time to crocheting some 6 x 9 blocks. This is a wonderful project! Thanks so much for sharing it!

Doey

:day:ty

Much Appreciated Doey........you made my day as well as many others!

This is a wonderful idea for someone like myself who does not have family in the service, but would like to show my appreciation to those serving for us. I too have many scraps left over from previous project that would make several rectangles. I will get those out as soon as possible.

This is a wonderful idea for someone like myself who does not have family in the service, but would like to show my appreciation to those serving for us. I too have many scraps left over from previous project that would make several rectangles. I will get those out as soon as possible.

:clap:day:clap

Thank you so much....your kindness and help is much appreciated!

I think I might have to make some and mail them overseas to you. Our troops (in UK) are so unsupported, it's awful. Now there's a drive to get them more recognition, but it's sloooow going. I'm sending Christmas boxes for the UK troops, but there's nothing I can find where I could crochet for them, which is a shame. I always think we are way way WAY behind the Americans when it comes to patriotism and support for the troops that keep our country safe. So my congtratulations to all of you who are doing your bit and crocheting for these special people.

I think I might have to make some and mail them overseas to you. Our troops (in UK) are so unsupported, it's awful. Now there's a drive to get them more recognition, but it's sloooow going. I'm sending Christmas boxes for the UK troops, but there's nothing I can find where I could crochet for them, which is a shame. I always think we are way way WAY behind the Americans when it comes to patriotism and support for the troops that keep our country safe. So my congtratulations to all of you who are doing your bit and crocheting for these special people.

:ty Hi LondonLaura....thank you for your generosity and support of our troops....if there is anything I can contribute to your soldiers please PM me with an address...God Bless.

Archived