6X9 Rectangles Donations Needed For Our Troops *UPDATE*

Red67

I will be at Womack once a month if you need any assistance with delivery or organizing a sew together in that area ( is there one already???)

This past week we gave out blankets from "Sew and Sew" to the All American floor and after I was given out I had to go outside and have a good cry for about 30 minutes... personally I can verify these wounded warriors are so very very thankful for anything... we all just cried together...

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will be at Womack once a month if you need any assistance with delivery or organizing a sew together in that area ( is there one already???)

Thank you and please thank your son for his service.

HAP has design events in the Maryland/Washington DC area ~ our next one is July 13th and then the rectangle sets are sent to volunteers all over the country to be crocheted together into HAP afghans. If you know anyone who would like to crochet together an afghan have them email me at Rectangle6x9@comcast.net They are all done in the exact same manner so when the Wounded Warriors see the "rectangle" afghans around the hospital it reminds them that many, many people are sending them good thoughts and wishes :hug We currently have over 700 volunteers and are ALWAYS looking for more help!

Right now we are fine on deliveries ~ it's amazing how fast the US Mail works. The last box I sent to Craig JTH (Afghanistan) only took one week!

my batch will be going out on Saturday, I am hoping to get a few more done before then. I came within a 1/2 inch of finishing one last night and ran out of that color yarn:eek so I will have one less than I planned, I am working on some today though. :manyheart

my batch will be going out on Saturday, I am hoping to get a few more done before then. I came within a 1/2 inch of finishing one last night and ran out of that color yarn:eek so I will have one less than I planned, I am working on some today though. :manyheart

How annoying!!!! I have a "collection" of those almost finished rectangles... I keep thinking I'll get another skein of that color and finish it. Have done some but the collection is still there.

Thanks so much for helping to thank those who have given so much in service to our country!

Hello~

It's been a while since I've posted. Lately I've been taking quick peeks in areas of interest. Working full time and traveling to help take care of my very sick 83 year old mom ~ I don't get a chance to crochet every day, but I do get to crochet some during the course of the week. It helps with the stress and to relax. Last year I did make 3 baby afghans and a shawl for gifts. This year I've been working on one baby afghan for a gift.

When I saw this thread and looked around the HAP 6x9 website I knew this would be a perfect project for me. :manyheart I've just sent an email to express interest and to get more info. I've got my :yarns (red, white, and blue). The cardboard back of a 6x9 steno pad makes a perfect template. My fav stitch is the hdc. I've started :crocheting a few rectangles. Don't know if I'll have them ready to mail for the upcoming put together event, but definitely will have some ready for the next event! :cheer:yes

Thanks!

~cadie :hook

When I saw this thread and looked around the HAP 6x9 website I knew this would be a perfect project for me. :manyheart I've just sent an email to express interest and to get more info. I've got my :yarns (red, white, and blue). The cardboard back of a 6x9 steno pad makes a perfect template. My fav stitch is the hdc. I've started :crocheting a few rectangles. Don't know if I'll have them ready to mail for the upcoming put together event, but definitely will have some ready for the next event! :cheer:yes

Thanks!

~cadie :hook

Hi Cadie,

I've found this is a very easy project to be a part of, as well as meaningful! It's very easy to carry around a small project, so I find I can work on it almost anywhere. Plus, I'm using a stitch that I really like and using the same one each time. It just makes it simple for me to not have to think about it. That way I can just crochet and get my rectangles done! :crocheting

Hi Cadie,

I've found this is a very easy project to be a part of, as well as meaningful! It's very easy to carry around a small project, so I find I can work on it almost anywhere. Plus, I'm using a stitch that I really like and using the same one each time. It just makes it simple for me to not have to think about it. That way I can just crochet and get my rectangles done! :crocheting

Hi Holly ~

Exactly why I find this project so appealing.:manyheart

~cadie

Hi Holly ~

Exactly why I find this project so appealing.:manyheart

~cadie

You have discovered the secret to one of the reasons I set this project up the way I did (having people make 6" x 9" rectangles) :devil

The other big reason is then it is easy to make each handmade afghans containing the work of up to 49 different people.... thus sending the message lots and lots of people are sending good wishes and good thoughts to our wounded military members! :ghug

I agree. I always have a small tote with a skien, hook, and scissors so I can grab it anytime we go out. They are quick and easy to do and I don't have to think about the pattern.

Still going to work on a few more tonight before I send out this package. I'm always trying to get just one more done before I send it:lol.

I agree. I always have a small tote with a skien, hook, and scissors so I can grab it anytime we go out. They are quick and easy to do and I don't have to think about the pattern.

Still going to work on a few more tonight before I send out this package. I'm always trying to get just one more done before I send it:lol.

Pat~ as soon as you send the box... start a box for the September Put Together (design) Event ;) This project is not going away ~ my plan is to try and continue it as long as we are fighting in Afghanistan and/or Iraq so don't worry about that one more rectangle making it into your current box... Get a jump on the next box!! :tup

I'm always trying to get just one more done before I send it:lol.

Me too! But, I finally got mine mailed yesterday along with the 10 that I received from my Holiday in July "elf". :D

Me too! But, I finally got mine mailed yesterday along with the 10 that I received from my Holiday in July "elf". :D

I put rectangles on my list for HIJ too:)

:cheerSent out 37 rectangles and 3 skeins of yarn last Friday. I can't wait to start on the next batch!:clap

You ALL are just amazing!!!! Thank you so much for your support of our military men and women wounded in service to our country!!

:sstar:sstar:sstar:sstar:sstar:sstar

You ALL are just amazing!!!! Thank you so much for your support of our military men and women wounded in service to our country!!

:sstar:sstar:sstar:sstar:sstar:sstar

Deborah, you're amazing, you started this. By working with you I not only do I get to do something I love but I get to let a wounded military man or woman know that we care. I certainly will start on that next batch. Have HAP Bag will travel:yes

Deborah, you're amazing, you started this. By working with you I not only do I get to do something I love but I get to let a wounded military man or woman know that we care. I certainly will start on that next batch. Have HAP Bag will travel:yes

Thank you :blush

Happy Independence Day!!

Hope you have a wonderful celebration!

Over this weekend I hope you will take some time to remember the women and men who have volunteered to maintain our independence….

Spend some time with your

crochet hooks and

make a 6" x 9" rectangle or two.

Your stitches will bring comfort to a Solider, Sailor, Marine or Airman who is in the hospital.

Thank you for helping to thank those wounded in service to our country, Deborah

• 2 weeks later...

Deborah --- I sent 30 rectangles last week!:crocheting

I know so many people were at your PTE yesterday--- I live on the opposite coast or I would have loved to help!!!!

As always, thank you for what you do!!!:manyheart

Archived