6X9 Rectangles Donations Needed For Our Troops *UPDATE*

Red67

I have done that more than once:lol, I take my to the laundromat for inbetween washing and drying and while waiting for the dryer to stop. I may only get one done, but that is better than none. I always have my bag in the front seat when I am driving, I crochet at railroad stops, some of those trains are very long.

Yes, but that's one more than you had done. Right? :D

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am @ 66 rectangles right now, that means I need to make 84 more rectangles to hit my goal. Hope I can do it and still get my house work done:lol

Housework is overrated! Plus in our house there is no room to clean between the finished HAP afghans, Rectangle Sets and HAP supplies. :juggle

I agree housework is overrated but I don't have an excuse not to do it. Today I couldn't concentrate because a dear friend was having surgery, so I crocheted last night and most of the day. I am now up to 83 rectangles out of my 150 rectangle goal. I will still work on some tonight as I wait for hubby to get home from the football game. Off to do something productive. :yes

Another 13 rectangles bite the dust. Hubby thinks I must be in a Halloween mood as the last rectangles have been orange, black, and brown. I told him I was just using what I had in the house that wasn't varigated and those are the colors I grabbed. Maybe it is because the fall weather is hitting and the colors are changing already. :eek

Another 13 rectangles bite the dust. Hubby thinks I must be in a Halloween mood as the last rectangles have been orange, black, and brown. I told him I was just using what I had in the house that wasn't varigated and those are the colors I grabbed. Maybe it is because the fall weather is hitting and the colors are changing already. :eek

It is fun to see how the weather effects (or is that affects?) our color choices for rectangles. Then designs...... there were a bunch of "fall" colored afghans designed last weekend. Of course most of those will be delivered in late winter.

FROGGING! :angry:angry:angry

Switched to a different skein of yarn the other day when I was in the car and waiting of DH to come out of Home Depot. It felt a little thicker but I didn't have a tape measure with me. Should have waited as the six rectangles that I did that day are too big, about an inch each way. Have now cut out a 6x9" piece of cardboard and have it in my bag. I know that the longer I crochet at one sitting, the looser my stitches get. Thought I had compensated for both the looser stitches and slight variance in yarn weight. Also am writing on the back of the cardboard yarn brand, #stitches to cast on, how many rows need and hook size. I hate frogging!

Switched to a different skein of yarn the other day when I was in the car and waiting of DH to come out of Home Depot. It felt a little thicker but I didn't have a tape measure with me. Should have waited as the six rectangles that I did that day are too big, about an inch each way. Have now cut out a 6x9" piece of cardboard and have it in my bag. I know that the longer I crochet at one sitting, the looser my stitches get. Thought I had compensated for both the looser stitches and slight variance in yarn weight. Also am writing on the back of the cardboard yarn brand, #stitches to cast on, how many rows need and hook size. I hate frogging!

Depending on the yarn I change hook sizes/number of stitiches on the starting chain.

Have now cut out a 6x9" piece of cardboard and have it in my bag. Also am writing on the back of the cardboard yarn brand, #stitches to cast on, how many rows need and hook size. I hate frogging!

I think that writing on the back of the cardboard is a great idea. My stitches always get tighter instead of looser as I crochet. I use a piece of plastic canvas for my template because it doesn't get beat up as quickle, keeps it shape, rather it is shapeable, it will form to the contours of whatever bag I put it in :lol

I think that writing on the back of the cardboard is a great idea. My stitches always get tighter instead of looser as I crochet. I use a piece of plastic canvas for my template because it doesn't get beat up as quickle, keeps it shape, rather it is shapeable, it will form to the contours of whatever bag I put it in :lol

I also always have one of those old fashion rulers at hand.... you should see our house. They are everywhere, in every bag and basket. I like them because they have easy markings and without a flat surface I can use the ruler as the flat surface.

• 2 weeks later...
I reached my goal of 150 rectangles tonight, now off to make squares for FA. How is everyone else doing on the Veteran's Day challenge?

Plugging away:hook

I reached my goal of 150 rectangles tonight, now off to make squares for FA. How is everyone else doing on the Veteran's Day challenge?

As of this morning I've finished 30 of my pledge of 75 rectangles....

45 seems very doable by Veterans' Day!!!! :crocheting

I'm back to my "one a day" rectangle making!!

Figure if I keep it up until Veterans' Day I'll get my 75 "6"x9" rectangles" done for the next Put Together (design) Event for

The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project :yes

Sounds like everyone is doing a great job :cheer

I didn't make a pledge for the next PTE but I have been :crocheting So far I have 54 rectangles done and I am going to TRY and get 75 if I can. This is the best time of the year for me for crocheting. I love sitting watching football on Sundays and crocheting. :D

Sounds like everyone is doing a great job :cheer

I didn't make a pledge for the next PTE but I have been :crocheting So far I have 54 rectangles done and I am going to TRY and get 75 if I can. This is the best time of the year for me for crocheting. I love sitting watching football on Sundays and crocheting. :D

Sounds like you've been busy:woo

A note to everyone making HAP 6"x9" rectangles....

it would be great if you would mail what you have NOW.

We are trying to collect 4,900 new rectangles by October 15, 2008

That will mean we have enough to lay out at least 100 designs at the Put Together Event in November....

Of course, more are always welcome!!! :yay:welcome

Sounds like you've been busy:woo

A note to everyone making HAP 6"x9" rectangles....

it would be great if you would mail what you have NOW.

We are trying to collect 4,900 new rectangles by October 15, 2008

That will mean we have enough to lay out at least 100 designs at the Put Together Event in November....

Of course, more are always welcome!!! :yay:welcome

Okay, I've got 10-12...I'll mail them on Monday!

I increased my goal to 200 by Nov 5th. I spent almost an entire day tucking tails on the 163 I have done. I plan on doing one a day until Oct 31st and then 2 a day until Nov. 5th.

I will try to get some in the mail this week, need to find a box. :think

I increased my goal to 200 by Nov 5th. I spent almost an entire day tucking tails on the 163 I have done. I plan on doing one a day until Oct 31st and then 2 a day until Nov. 5th.

I will try to get some in the mail this week, need to find a box. :think

I have a bunch of boxes but don't think that will help :devil

Archived