• Last Reply

Today

The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project

will deliver our

:sstar:sstar:sstar1,500th:sstar:sstar:sstar

Handmade Afghan

to thank our wounded service men and women

Thank you to everyone at Crochetville who have helped make this possible!! :ty

There are more wounded service members to whom we need to bring warmth - Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is great, Judy you always come through with my challenges. I changed mine to make a few more but have a way to go now.:think

We secret pal buddies have to stick together:manyheart

Does anyone know if there are people in Montana who get together and work on these afghans?

HAP has volunteers in all 50 states....... if you join the official group (send a note to rectangle6x9@comcast.net and send the info requested) you can then post a note on the HAP Forum to see if there are other members near you.

The beautiful completed Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project afghans have been arriving in Maryland (our central collection area)!!!

Thanks to everyone who has taken their crochet hook to a HAP Rectangle Set and made it into a warm "thank you" note for our wounded military men and women

This weekend I photographed 75 finished afghans - check them out on our website!!!!!!!!!!

www.rectangle6x9.org

How is everyone's Veteran's Day goal coming along? I finished mine plus 3 ( only because I found some hiding) and I am going to start on Friday of reaching my remaining goal for the year of 1000

That's great :cheer:cheer:cheer

I've finished my goal of 75 and hope to get some more done soon..... looking forward to having rectangle making time at the Knitting and Crocheting Circle next Sunday in Silver Spring, Maryland

(I need to do at least 6 more so I can beat my Mom's goal of 80 :lol )

I'm a member of that group. Just joined a few days ago. I will send my squares to you. Do you have any good patterns for this size you can email me? Last year I sent an afghan to Walter Reed Hosp. for a friends injured son. I always support our troops.

Carol

I'm a member of that group. Just joined a few days ago. I will send my squares to you. Do you have any good patterns for this size you can email me? Last year I sent an afghan to Walter Reed Hosp. for a friends injured son. I always support our troops.

Carol

Carol,

You can find patterns for 6"x9" rectangles on our website www.rectangle6x9.org be careful of gauge. The number of stitches is an estimate based on the writer's gauge.

Also if you join the HAP Forum (only open to HAP members) there are more patterns posted there.

Welcome to The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project (HAP) and to helping supply 10 military hospitals with handmade afghans to give warm thanks to our wounded military service men and women, Deborah S-A (HAP Founder and Director)

Deborah peaked my creative juices, check out the thread @ the HAP forum about special request "striped sets". I am making one , how about anyone else?

I have my 6 rectangles done for the "special" request. I will send them when I send this Friday. Ladies check out the HAP forum to find out more about the request, you still have time.

Thank you Deb. I am a member and I will go look thru the site some more. My son & daughter both did 2 tours US army. So I will send the squares directly to HAP? I'll see if my group will set aside a month next year to do this project.

Carol

Thank you Deb. I am a member and I will go look thru the site some more. My son & daughter both did 2 tours US army. So I will send the squares directly to HAP? I'll see if my group will set aside a month next year to do this project.

Carol

Carol,

Hi! Your question about where to send your 6"x9" HAP rectangles was answered in my email of October 27th. Please email me privately about questions on that information. Rectangle6x9@comcast.net Deborah

No worries - it's just that we do not post ANYWHERE the mailing address for The Handmade Afghans Project. It's a safety issue as we are a 100% volunteer organization and there are bad people who can not understand that we can support the troops and have many different views on the actual conflicts.

Safety First! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I got my box on the way yesterday morning with 62 more rectangles :crocheting. I'm pretty sure it will make it in time. I ended up having a few left over that wouldn't fit so I have a head start for next time.

I got my box on the way yesterday morning with 62 more rectangles :crocheting. I'm pretty sure it will make it in time. I ended up having a few left over that wouldn't fit so I have a head start for next time.

Excellent!!!!! Remember - hold onto those 6"x9" rectangles, let them collect and then start mailing again in January 2009 so they arrive for the February Put Together (design) Event

In the next year we will need over 61,000 6"x9" acrylic rectangles (yes, you read that right) to keep supplying the military hospitals with handmade afghans to give to our service men and women wounded in serving our country.

With your help we can do this one stitch at a time :hook

Archived