6X9 Rectangles Donations Needed For Our Troops *UPDATE*

Red67

Deborah --- I sent 30 rectangles last week!:crocheting

I know so many people were at your PTE yesterday--- I live on the opposite coast or I would have loved to help!!!!

As always, thank you for what you do!!!:manyheart

Sorry you couldn't join us for our Put Together (design) Event...

It was awesome.... 75 people designing 252 "rectangle" afghans in 6 hours (including a nice long lunch break) :cheer

You can see all of the photos at our website www.rectangle6x9.org

Once the new designs are crocheted together (by great volunteers) that is 252 MORE wounded service members we can thank for their service to our country!!

There are more so keep on sending those 6" by 9" acrylic rectangles!!!!!!

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A quick reminder that I'm asking folks to

hold off until after July 28, 2008 to start mailing

6" x 9" rectangles

for our

September 2008

Put Together (design) Event

This will give the Rectangle Collectors and me a chance to get organized after our July event.....

Thanks!!!!:ty

It is so nice to see all of the pics of the volunteers who put together the squares, not to mention the squares:) it boggles the mind when you see all of the countless squares that have been sent in. It really is encouraging to see how everyone is pulling together to help.:)

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking through a new catalog from Herrschners last night. I happened to notice the ad for Red Heart "Classic" yarn and a little post that said "we stock every color". Hmmmm......that got me thinking. :think

I've already purchased my yarn for the "Greek Games", but I think I'm going to try out "every color" of Red Heart yarn after the games! I'm going to buy one of each color (not all at once), and I'm going to make rectangles. And, I'm going to keep all my leftovers together for a scrap afghan. That way, I'll have a memory for myself afterwards. :devil

I just felt the need to post my idea. Somehow a challenge seems more real to me when I write it down somewhere.

Thanks for listening!

But, I was looking through a new catalog from Herrschners last night. I happened to notice the ad for Red Heart yarn and a little post that said "we stock every color". Hmmmm......that got me thinking. :think

I've already purchased my yarn for the "Greek Games", but I think I'm going to try out "every color" of Red Heart yarn after the games! I'm going to buy one of each color (not all at once), and I'm going to make rectangles. And, I'm going to keep all my leftovers together for a scrap afghan. That way, I'll have a memory for myself afterwards. :devil

I just felt the need to post my idea. Somehow a challenge seems more real to me when I write it down somewhere.

Thanks for listening!

What a GREAT idea :yes

Do remember to skip the pinks, peach and other pastel colors (including varigated).

Will you be keeping a list of colors somewhere so we can see how you are doing??? and cheer you on!!! :cheer

Do remember to skip the pinks, peach and other pastel colors (including varigated).

Will you be keeping a list of colors somewhere so we can see how you are doing??? and cheer you on!!! :cheer

She can use those colors for WUA blocks instead....everybody wins:manyheart

how many of us are signed up for the Greek games? I am doing 4 rectangles a day and I am also signed up for another team too, so I will be challenged. Of course I will continue making rectangles each day until then also.

My thought is that anyone not already signed up could even do one a day of the Greek games, that is only 17 rectangles.

how many of us are signed up for the Greek games? I am doing 4 rectangles a day and I am also signed up for another team too, so I will be challenged. Of course I will continue making rectangles each day until then also.

My thought is that anyone not already signed up could even do one a day of the Greek games, that is only 17 rectangles.

I'm signed up already (Team SKY), and doing a charity ghan (at least one, and hopefully a good start on another), but I'll make a promise: I'll make at least one rectangle every day of the games, too.:hook

I'm signed up already (Team SKY), and doing a charity ghan (at least one, and hopefully a good start on another), but I'll make a promise: I'll make at least one rectangle every day of the games, too.:hook
judianne that is great thank you.

I'll have to figure out something. :think Let me go over the list and weed out the more "feminine" colors, so I'll have a number to start with.

She can use those colors for WUA blocks instead....everybody wins:manyheart

LOL....I was just sitting here thinking that very thing! That way I'll have all the colors for my scrap afghan! Great minds think alike! :yes

Holly, you DO have a great idea here...

With my stash, though, I wouldn't have to order any yarn for a very long time:blush

Holly, you DO have a great idea here...

With my stash, though, I wouldn't have to order any yarn for a very long time:blush

I have increased my stash lately, in preparations for the "Greek Games". Of course, when yarn is on sale you have to stock up, right? :blush But, I have to admit...I've seen some pictures of other folks' stashes on this website, and I'm no where near some of you! I an in AWE!!

(of course, I did just order 12 of the 76 Red Heart Classic colors from Herrschners! Nobody tell my husband!)

I signed up for 49 rectangles...enough for one afghan. It works out to about three rectangles a day. But, I will try to do more!

I'll have to figure out something. :think Let me go over the list and weed out the more "feminine" colors, so I'll have a number to start with.

I've decided I will go with mamabear10's idea about using the pastels for WUA rectangles. That way, I can use all "76" colors that Herrschners carries. I sat up last night and worked on a WUA rectangle, just so I'd have a pattern worked out with the right gauge. :hook

I'll get started once I've finished my commitment to the Greek Games. Then, I think I'll update my signature and list the colors as I complete each one. Since they are the smaller skeins of yarn, this will make a great portable project. :crocheting

I've decided I will go with mamabear10's idea about using the pastels for WUA rectangles. That way, I can use all "76" colors that Herrschners carries. I sat up last night and worked on a WUA rectangle, just so I'd have a pattern worked out with the right gauge. :hook

I'll get started once I've finished my commitment to the Greek Games. Then, I think I'll update my signature and list the colors as I complete each one. Since they are the smaller skeins of yarn, this will make a great portable project. :crocheting

Just be careful to remember the sizes.....

HAP rectangles are 6" by 9" :hook or 9" by 6" :crocheting

Hi,

Just checking in. I'm doing my prep work for the games. I have my yarn stash ready. All WW (Red Heart) in masculine or neutral colors. A 6" X 9" template. Several hooks, two yarn needles, my best embroidery scissors - they're good and sharp and I'll have DH sharpen them again after the games. (they're pretty too - inherited from my Grandma and then my Mom) lots of experience in them :)), a couple of patterns of stitches I like - largest is a dc so no worries about being too lacy.

All arranged by my favorite chair.

I think I'm ready! :clap

I just want to say before the games start, I'll give this challenge my best effort, but if I fall short (100 rectangles - in 16 days) I will still pledge the rectangles. 100 done no matter how long it takes. :)

Good luck to everyone who's competing,

And thank you to all the people who work to make the HAP a reality,

Go Team HAP!

Hi,

Just checking in. I'm doing my prep work for the games. I have my yarn stash ready. All WW (Red Heart) in masculine or neutral colors. A 6" X 9" template. Several hooks, two yarn needles, my best embroidery scissors - they're good and sharp and I'll have DH sharpen them again after the games. (they're pretty too - inherited from my Grandma and then my Mom) lots of experience in them :)), a couple of patterns of stitches I like - largest is a dc so no worries about being too lacy.

I just want to say before the games start, I'll give this challenge my best effort, but if I fall short (100 rectangles - in 16 days) I will still pledge the rectangles. 100 done no matter how long it takes. :)

Go Team HAP!

:cheer You can do it Nancy! :cheer I'm with you! :cheer Go Team Rectangles for the Troops!!!!! :cheer

Hi,

Go Team HAP!

I am making 4 a day so I will be making a total of 68, you sound very ready, good luck.

Archived