6X9 Rectangles Donations Needed For Our Troops *UPDATE*

Red67

HAP now has a video on YouTube on how to properly crochet together a Rectangle Set. :cheer

Check it out at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwLDS6qmSAY

Big thanks to Kathy F. and Ben F. for all their hard work to make this happen. :clap :clap :clap

P.S. check out the Related Videos - there is the VOA story done on HAP

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Reminder that two deadlines are coming up fast for

:sstar:sstarThe Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project:sstar:sstar

October 1, 2009 - deadline to mail items for our Bazaar (being held on November 7, 2009 in Bowie, Maryland)

October 28, 2009 - deadline to mail Rectangles ** for our November 8, 2009 Put Together (design) Event

** Rectangles must be six (6) inches by nine (9) inches and made of 100% acrylic yarn in approved colors/shades.

The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project

is still accepting

Six (6) inch by Nine (9) inch

Rectangles

made of 100% acrylic yarn (in approved colors*)

to be combined into handmade afghans

for those who are wounded in service to our country!

For more information:

check out our website:

www.rectangle6x9.org

and to get the Welcome Note with even more details

email:

Rectangle6x9@comcast.net

Help thank those who have given so much for our country and for us

* Please NO pinks or pastel colors

HAP now has a video on YouTube on how to properly crochet together a Rectangle Set. :cheer

Check it out at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwLDS6qmSAY

Big thanks to Kathy F. and Ben F. for all their hard work to make this happen. :clap :clap :clap

P.S. check out the Related Videos - there is the VOA story done on HAP

Very well done! I watched the "news story" as well and I am really looking forward to helping you with this project!

Just sent off three afghans I joined together today!!

Isn't it fun to see so many people's work come together?

Thanks for crocheting together the HAP Rectangle Sets. We will be designing more Sets on November 8th so if you want one or two more to crochet drop a note (on the HAP private Forum).

Thanks!

:ty

:ty To Everyone :h5 who made items for our

November 7, 2009

Bazaar in Bowie, Maryland:ty

We have lots of beautiful :crocheting handmade :knit

scarves, hats, bags, afghans (all sizes), and other items

so people can buy :2c:gift gifts :gift

while helping to support

The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project

Again, thank you for your hard work and support!!!

• 3 months later...

I thought it would be fun to throw a challenge out there for everyone making 6”x9” rectangles for our March Put Together Event…. here it is:

I challenge you to make one rectangle using a new stitch! :idea

It can be a combination that is different than you’ve done before. Like a combination of sc and dc.

for our advanced people - add a cable or a heart into the pattern :heart

So ….. will you take my challenge and if so…. what stitch will YOU be trying? :scrachin

I thought it would be fun to throw a challenge out there for everyone making 6”x9” rectangles for our March Put Together Event…. here it is:

I challenge you to make one rectangle using a new stitch! :idea

It can be a combination that is different than you’ve done before. Like a combination of sc and dc.

for our advanced people - add a cable or a heart into the pattern :heart

So ….. will you take my challenge and if so…. what stitch will YOU be trying? :scrachin

Ive only recently joined HAP, Im still figuring out the forum LOL But this sounds like fun!

Since founding this project in 2004, HAP has grown to include over 1,800 volunteers. The project started and remains a grassroots operation. All facets of HAP are accomplished through a network of volunteers and through donations. In order for HAP to continue in this manner, the number of volunteers must be limited in order to remain manageable. That limit has been reached and maintained for some time now. Unfortunately, that means that I must turn away some good people that I'm sure would be wonderful volunteers for HAP. I hope that you will use your talents, energy and enthusiasm for another project or charity that helps our troops.

Thanks again and good luck in your endeavors.

Deborah Starobin-Armstrong

Founder - The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project

I am a little confused.....does the fact you don't need any more volunteers mean that you no longer need crocheted rectangles? I just learned about HAP and was thinking about starting to make the rectangles, but if they are no longer needed I will continue my search for another charity........

I am a little confused.....does the fact you don't need any more volunteers mean that you no longer need crocheted rectangles? I just learned about HAP and was thinking about starting to make the rectangles, but if they are no longer needed I will continue my search for another charity........

It means that the Volunteers we have in The Handmade Afghans Project are supplying the number of rectangles needed to supply the Military Hospitals and Warrior Transition Units that we give handmade afghans.

They will continue to make rectangles. However, at this time, no additional help is needed. Please give your time, skills and energy to one of the other wonderful charities listed on Crochetville.

Thank you for your interest and thank you for asking, Deborah S-A

It means that the Volunteers we have in The Handmade Afghans Project are supplying the number of rectangles needed to supply the Military Hospitals and Warrior Transition Units that we give handmade afghans.

They will continue to make rectangles. However, at this time, no additional help is needed. Please give your time, skills and energy to one of the other wonderful charities listed on Crochetville.

Thank you for your interest and thank you for asking, Deborah S-A

Ladies,

You might check out "Soldiers Angels". They have a program where you can contribute an entire afghan for a service member or even for baby layettes for soldiers' families.

• 8 months later...

:ghug Reminder to HAP Members*

YOUR

6" by 9" Rectangles

are REALLY needed!!:yes

Each Rectangle brings us closer to thanking another wounded Service Man or Woman for their sacrifice for us and for our country!!!

:h5

Please mail on or before October 31st for our November PTE.

Together we can Keep Our Troops Covered!!

:hug

* HAP Membership is closed - Rectangles are only accepted from currently registered members.

106 6 x 9's are boxed up going to the post office tomorrow!

Smagola

Excellent!! Your work combined with other HAP Members' Rectangles will get us closer to thanking more of our wounded Service Members! :ty

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations

To

All HAP Members

:yay for a job well done….

:sstar:sstar:sstar:sstar 4,900 handmade afghans :sstar:sstar:sstar:sstar

sent to thank our wounded service Men and Women!! :ghug

:crocheting Keep it going…. :idea You know what we need :hook

• 1 month later...

Archived