6X9 Rectangles Donations Needed For Our Troops *UPDATE*

Red67

Wow! What a day in HAP* Land......

:sunOur Put Together Event where we use the 6"x9" rectangles

to design the beautiful "warm" thank you note afghans for our

Wounded Warriors went great!! :jumpyay

138 handmade afghans were designed by 38 people in 5 hours...

we are tired :out but feeling great about getting closer to thanking more of our military members wounded in Afghanistan and Iraq

Remember this is an ongoing project.. :crocheting YOU can start now to help for the next design event in July 2008. If you are new just drop me a note at rectangle6x9@comcast.net and I'll send you more information.

* HAP = The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project. A nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that has not applied for tax-exempt status under Code Section 501©(3). You should consult with your tax advisor regarding the deductibility of contributions to this organization.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These look great and I think I saw some of my rectangles. :) Makes a person feel really good. Thank you for the opportunity to be involved in helping our soldiers.

I know your next event is in July. Can you tell me where? I really would love to try and come down since I'm only in NJ it shouldn't be that hard.

These look great and I think I saw some of my rectangles. :) Makes a person feel really good. Thank you for the opportunity to be involved in helping our soldiers.

I know your next event is in July. Can you tell me where? I really would love to try and come down since I'm only in NJ it shouldn't be that hard.

:yay isn't it fun to see your work!!!!!

The exact PTE information will go out on the HAP Listserv. In general the event is in Kensington, Maryland. Maybe there are other HAP members in your area that would like to car pool...... you could post on the HAP Forum and ask.

If you need to join the Listserv contact me at rectangle6x9@comcast.net You must be a member of the HAP Listserv to join the HAP Forum.

I am very new here, but I would love to join you all with this one. My husband is retired AF AND I work at the clinic on the AF Base where I live. Many of my friends have been deployed in the past year.

Lauri

I am very new here, but I would love to join you all with this one. My husband is retired AF AND I work at the clinic on the AF Base where I live. Many of my friends have been deployed in the past year.

Lauri

Lauri - come on in and join us!! :clap Drop a note to me at rectangle6x9@comcast.net and I'll send you the welcome note with more hints and information. Look forward to hearing from you, Deborah

Thought I would share a note to the volunteers of The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project that just arrived by snail mail:

To the wonderful individuals who handmade our son’s afghan,

On March 17th, my son, Norm, was seriously injured when an IED blew up his truck while on patrol in Iraq.

When he arrived at Brooke Army Medical Center, he received your beautiful afghan. As his mother, I wanted to thank you for all of the love and work you put into the blanket. It gave us great comfort knowing people out there were thinking about my child and other young men and women.

Fortunately, Norm will recover from his injuries, but I wanted to let you know how special you are and your generosity will always be remembered and appreciated.

Thank you.

Would you like to join us? If so, drop me a note at rectangle6x9@comcast.net for the HAP Welcome note that includes hints and more information, Deborah

I posted my own pattern on my website, too, if you're interested. :)

Thank you for the pattern. :hug The only one that so far works really well for me is all half doubles. Glad to try a new one for this.

Just a note for browsers. We could use some contributors from Arkansas and South Dakota. That will complete the roster of 50 states, DC, and four foreign nations. Post here and Deborah will get you started. Thanks so much!!

If you need a reason to make the squares please watch this video, I stumbled across this video and it broke my heart and made me proud and makes me want to help even more.

I hope this link works, it is a great video.

I cry everytime I watch this. They are very special people

The Handmade Afghans Project needs your help!

To meet the requests from the

Eight Military Hospitals

we serve

6"x9" rectangles

are needed

Every Rectangle Helps!!! :cheer:cheer

Will you help us thank those wounded in service to our country?

If so, drop a note to me at rectangle6x9@comcast.net

and I'll give you the information you need to get started.

:ty

I posted my own pattern on my website, too, if you're interested. :)

Thank you for the pattern Mimi. :hug It makes a very nice pattern and a lot more interesting than just half doubles I was doing.

The Handmade Afghans Project needs your help!

To meet the requests from the

Eight Military Hospitals

we serve

6"x9" rectangles

are needed

I guess I'd better start :crocheting faster:yes

Archived