OMG, I must have one! (glass crochet hooks)

aliassak

Very nice. The price is steep though, considering what would happen if you ever dropped the little bugger!! :eek

Lifetime warranty, no questions asked.

We had a big discussion about them here -- Natalie started it, as Elizabeth mentioned. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Lord knows if I can't be trusted to wear a white shirt without getting it dirty I certainly can't be trusted with a $70 glass hook. Can you say "get the broom and watch your feet"??:eek

Oh my, they are very pretty, but I can't concieve of buying a $70 tool that has to work as hard as a crochet hook has to work, lifetime warranty aside. Not to mention storage. They come with a hardshell case, but that wouldn't be very convenient and you certainly couldn't store them any other way.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that glass would be devilishly uncomfortable to work with? Plus the curvature looks very uneven to me, I would be worried about spotty gauge. The photo of the opal color option looks particularly frightening in that department, the clear glass widens considerabley just past the throat, though I admit I tend to pull my yarn far down my hook.

Personally, I think these would be best as a crochet collectable, rather than something to actually be used. If I were going to use any of them, I would wear them (securely) in a crocheted barret, and then save it only for functions where I would be likely to see other crocheters.

To me, these are works of art and maybe jewelry... not functional tools.

I love their site design, though. My hat's off to Needle Beetle Web Design for that bit of work. They reflected the products being sold perfectly, and the color scheme is spot on.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that glass would be devilishly uncomfortable to work with?

In general, glass is actually very comfortable with the exception of the weight of it. :)

• 4 weeks later...

They are absolutely georgeous! :yay

The makers must have put a lot of time and thought into making them so beautiful!

I would love to purchase them, not as tools, but as trophies of the craft I love so much, I'd get a case or shadow box and display them.

Thanks for sharing that site! I'm definitely going to purchase a few when I am able.

holy mamma! they look great but i hate having to spend $15 a pop on wooden needles and crocheting hooks so im not going to spend $70

beautiful tho

Working with glass myself (stained glass) I realize that the price is scarey to look at. For the workmanship that goes into these works of art it is a great deal. Really! I know that everyone is out for the bargain, but this is art.

I wouldn't buy one it's a little to extravagant, but for the gal that has everything why not? I wouldn't worry about it breaking as much as I would the sweating (very sweaty hands here). hehehe :hook

• 4 months later...

$70 for a hook? Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!! But then if I get some extra Christmas money, It might be a nice Christmas present for me!! I do love my hooks.

Lindaq:cheer

for Christmas...DH's jaw dropped and I told him I wasn't even asking for a full set...just one...and I'd be afraid to use it...but I still want one.

• 4 weeks later...
Lord knows if I can't be trusted to wear a white shirt without getting it dirty I certainly can't be trusted with a $70 glass hook. Can you say "get the broom and watch your feet"??:eek

that would be me too. They are very ritzy looking . but I would be afraid of dropping them I am always dropping the metal ones.

Archived