Anyone wanna contribute a square?~It's a wrap! ~see last post

Titus2woman

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just spent some time reading "This eclectic Life and I also looked at the blog of the young man who has already received one of these afghans. It brought tears to my eyes to see how meaningful that blanket was to him. I will be sending some squares to her in the very near future.

I love this idea. I will join in as this is perfect for me. I enoy making granny squares, just can't stand putting them together.

And naturally I have lots of yarn to use up. :clap

Let the games began......

I read about this via a link on a community blog dedicated to Granny Squares (the Granny Along on Blogger:think ) and it does seem like a good cause. I mailed her a package this week. :hook It is just a shame that posting from the UK is so expensive! :blush I admire her for taking on such a huge project she must have a big heart! :manyheart I bet all the charity crocheters at Crochetville will make a huge difference I am still awed by all the project going on here for charity!:)

Yesterday I made up 10 squares. I was hoping to get them in the mail this afternoon but we have to leave town for the weekend and I dont think I can make it to the post office before we have to be on the road.

I'm taking a ton of yarn with me so hopefully I can have a bunch more done and get them all in the mail on Monday morning.

We're heading to a car show for Audis and Volkswagens. Dh and my brother are both taking their cars. I don't really care about why Dh's Audi is better than some other guys. Or why some other guy has more impressive headlights. So I'm going to hang out at the hotel and crochet away!

Here is what I've got done so far. Some of the corners look bent up in the picture, but they're really straight :)

9-25-07and9-26-07SquaresforCharity.jpg

Shelly! Those are beautiful! I've never made a granny square before~it's my next project.

Granny square are really easy. After the first one you'll probably never need to look at the pattern again. They work up really fast, even if you change colors. I'm using up all my scrap yarn. That makes me happy :D

I did my first granny square today~WOOHOOO! You're right, Shelly~I won't need a pattern again! It was SOOO much easier than I thought! I'm still too new to have scrap yarn~LOL! So I can make them all bright orange or go buy some yarn. I'd like to make Hazel a dress I saw in Crochet Today anyway, so maybe I'll get yarn for that and start with a few grannies first. I'm soo excited over this project! What a kind heart to start something like this! I'm really looking forward to drawing my tag by hand too~WOOHOOO! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

P.S. I do have a *little* scrap from the Sugar'n Cream I did my last dishcloth in, but my 9yos is learning on it. He wants to make a square, too!

Hi, y'all. I registered with the forum just to thank you for your interest in helping with Share A Square! Titus2Woman, you rock for telling everyone about it. Y'all are just what I have been seeking. If I could get a few squares from A LOT of people, we could get this thing moving along. With you folks on board, I know we will reach the goal.

I appreciate you all!

Just a FYI~you can read the latest need here: http://thiseclecticlife.com/2007/09/05/share-a-square-september-update-page/ .

I made my first granny square to send and think it turned out pretty good for such a newbie! I worry about it unravelling~would it possibly unravel? and how do you hide your extra thread well~do you sew it in or just crochet over it? I crocheted over it, but you can see it at the top of the open stitches~kwim?

I started a second square using this pattern for fun: http://www.angelfire.com/bc2/crochetaddict/cntry.html and am treating this as a true learning experience! I've done five rows, and there's a mistake in there. ~sigh~ It's not huge~it's a hump from adding my second color in. My transitions aren't smooth! Still, I am happy to learn that this gal CAN learn SOMETHING from a book! LOL! (((((HUGS))))) and happy crocheting! ~sandi~so happy to see Shelly pop in! WHOOT!

Archived