Anyone wanna contribute a square?~It's a wrap! ~see last post

Titus2woman

I have a bunch of squares that I had made for a gahn but never put together I could send them to where ever they have to be sent to. If there is an addy in an earlier post please just let me know or if I need an address of a person someone please let me know who. I would love to help out.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How wonderful that you have 6" squares to contribute!!!! They should be sent to:

Shelly Kneupper Tucker

Share a Square

P.O. Box 2241

Denton, TX 76202

It would be great if you could add a tag to each square - with your name (first name last initial is fine) and city/state. If you want to add a message that's fine too. You adding the tags saves Shelly from having to do it.

Thanks!!! :D

Heads Up Everyone..... just checked into Shelly's blog and she is trying to get the last sets of squares together.

She needs YOUR squares now to do it !!!

Please get to the Post Office this weekend.... it would be GREAT if she could get all the sets together in the beginning of January..her address is in post #102.

Shelly is also looking for people to do the black rimming on each square and crochet together sets..... let her know if you can help!

Hope your hooks are flying, Deborah

I am currently working on squares for this project but I only have 75 done (I have been working on them since before Thanksgiving) and I was wondering what would be a decent amount of squares to help out. I have more than enough yarn to spare and I don't mind making more.

Also about those ends, how is everyone fastening theirs down? I am weaving mine in working one way under a couple of stitches and then the other way a couple of stitches. Is this correct?

Melinda, please go ahead and send what you have! If you make large quantities, then send every tweny squares maybe? Squares are needed from lots of different people, as one afghan will not have more than one square by the same person~so sending them as you go is great! (((((HUGS))))) sandi~

Just checked Shelly's blog - as of December 10th she needed the squares to put together 19 more kits.

So she needs up to 19 squares per a person from 48 different people.... if you have more than that send them.

She is going to use the extra squares for "special" afghans outside the orginial project.

PLEASE if you have ANY squares - she needs them now to complete those 19 sets

Thanks, Deborah

Hi! Thought I would check in and see how everyone's trip to the Post Office went......:yay

Just heard from Shelly and she is going to head to her post office later today. She still needs squares and hopes to find some waiting for her.

You all could be the difference she needs to complete her goal of 140 afghans with squares from 48 different people in each one!!!

Hope your hooks are smoking, Deborah

Just got off the phone with Shelly and she needs 6" squares for 9 more afghans!!!

Please, please, please help her out - get some squares (one or two would really help) in the mail NOW. :yes

Thank you!! Deborah

I can't believe I'm actually ahead on one of my projects for the day:) I just finished putting tags on 20 squares and have them in the envelope with postage, they will go out in today's mail.

I can't believe I'm actually ahead on one of my projects for the day:) I just finished putting tags on 20 squares and have them in the envelope with postage, they will go out in today's mail.

Awesome!! Thanks for helping to bring a smile to a child's face :D

I am about to put tags on the last set of squares. I thought I would check here to see if they are still needed before I send them off. I read the post where it stated that she is something like 8 squares away from meeting her 140 afghan goal. Are these squares still needed, no biggie if they are not. I hate to send her 75 squares and they end up being in her way. I will finish the last set up and check back for a reply.Thanks so much.

I am about to put tags on the last set of squares. I thought I would check here to see if they are still needed before I send them off. I read the post where it stated that she is something like 8 squares away from meeting her 140 afghan goal. Are these squares still needed, no biggie if they are not. I hate to send her 75 squares and they end up being in her way. I will finish the last set up and check back for a reply.Thanks so much.

Share A Square will use ALL squares sent to Shelly. Once she has reached her goal of 140 there will be other afghans made for other children with cancer and blood diseases.

So please send all your squares to her NOW :yes Thank you!!!

thought you all might be interested in seeing Shelly's actually postings about the Share A Square project:

http://thiseclecticlife.com/2007/12/07/december-share-a-square-update/

she has not added to the blog in the last week as she is trying to get the rest of the kits together (and is having computer problems)

I sent out 20 squares today. It is so hard to get back in the swing of things after the holidays. Now that the kids have returned to school things are getting back to normal (whatever that is).

Excellent!! Thank you! :D

Posted today on Shelly's Share A Square Blog Page:

If you have been working on crocheting squares for the project, please stop and send me what you have this week.

Send them to:

Shelly Tucker

P.O. Box 2241

Denton, TX 76202

Archived