Anyone wanna contribute a square?~It's a wrap! ~see last post

Titus2woman

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to send some squares. I have a lot of them made for something similar so I dont mind sharing. At present I am doing cancer caps. I had a lot of red yarn on hand so I am doing caps by using the red with other yarn to give it a good look. I plan to make 50 caps. I have already finished 17. Then when I have all the 50 ready I shall visit the cancer hospital and give away the caps.

Can you send me your postal adress?

I would love to contribute; however, I just came upon this post today. I was wondering if I am too late. Please let me know if I can still contribute and if I can use cotton (the faq sheet said that acrylic is preferred). That is all I crochet with; however, if you twist my arm I could be convinced to make a trip to the yarn store ;).

Thanks,

Jillian

Yes!!!! More squares are definitely needed. She asked me to do between 10-20 squares. The ends should be weaved in and the squares should measure 6".

I think this is a wonderful project. I cannot wait to get started :)

Kuddos :clapfor finding and posting this wonderful project.

-Mad4crochet

Hi Everyone!!! I know Shelly, who is asking for the squares, needs more squares!! She is away this week and wouldn't it be great if there were 6" squares waiting when she returns?? If you have one done - mail it! She can use it!! Her address is: Shelly Tucker

P.O. Box 2241, Denton, TX 76202

Just finished crocheting together my first afghan for her - it was so cool to read all the tags. When you make a square just tie on a quick tag with your name, city and good wishes. Then the kids will know how many different people are thinking of them. :ghug

Hope to see your tag on the next afghan, Deborah

P.S. Acrylic is best for these grannies - do we need to twist your arm away from cotton? Let me know - I will :)

• 2 weeks later...

To quote Shelly's, the project leader, blog - posted Friday, Dec 7:

YES!

More than 6,000 granny squares have been contributed since June of this year.

NO,

we don’t have enough for all of the afghans yet.

BUT,

we are getting closer, and might reach the goal by the end of the year.

So yes, "Share A Square" and send her a granny square or more than one!

:hyperI went and got some acrylic yarn that I think is really fun and bright. Unfortuantly (for my bank account I don't need any arm twisting :)). Starstrong it is good 2 know that I have a partner in crime :hookif I need it. I am going to get started today. I just finished a swap, so now I can dedicate time to this project.

:idea Hey anyone up for a crochet weekend. I know I have seen it before in different posts. I think it is where we have a type of crochet-a-thon over the weekend to see how many squares we can get done. In this case the winner(s) will be the kids, I think this is the ultimate win/win situation, because we get to do something that we love doing for someone else. I don't think it gets any better than that??!!! :)

Okay ladies & men :crocheting pick up ur hooks and lets crochet :yarn

Hope 2 hear from you soon,

Mad4Crochet aka Jillian :)

I am hoping to get all 20 done this weekend :crocheting.

Thought I would take a break and see what is going on at the 'Ville.

Anyone gonna take up the challenge to see how many squares they can get done this weekend? I know this is a pretty busy time right now. Crocheting is great way to destress :eek, though.

I will give you my final count very late Sunday night.

Happy Hookin'

-Mad4Crochet

Well I got 16 done in-between kids, kids' friends, & shopping for classroom holiday parties...:) the life of a mother.

I still have four to go, and I have to weave in the ends. I am going to show my daughter (she is 11) and her friend how to crochet, so they can send some as well. I wanted to get them out yesterday, but I think it will be more like the end of the week or early next week.

I'll let y'all know when I get them in the mail.

Happy Holidays...

Mad4Crochet

I am completely done with my squares :danceI did 20. My daughter and her friend keep saying they want 2 learn to crochet, but I think Guitar Hero is too much of a distraction for now...I cannot imagine choosing Guitar Hero over crochet. Is that a sign of old age :grandma? Or just plain old obsession :crocheting? Probably both, oh well :heehee.

I will get them out on Monday. I think the post office should be pretty slow that day-Christmas Eve.

Happy Holidays to all.

I loved doing this.

Thanks again 2 everyone who worked on getting all the information for this this charity crochet together, and extra kudos to Titu2Woman :ty:manyheart

I am SO IN AWE of y'all!!! *THANK YOU!* for keepin' it goin', and WOOHOOO Deborah! You're firin' us up! I've been so involved with holiday crocheting that I've not even checked this thread in a while (unfortunately still not done~UGH!). So glad to see it still goin'! YAY! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

:cheer Way to go mad4crochet!!! 20 squares will help put Shelly closer to making up 20 more afghans!! So was the post office crowded??

I know every square you can send helps. :yes I run a similiar project (The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project) and every 6"x9" rectangle made brings us closer to making another handmade afghan.

My hat is off to Shelly - she is working on making all these afghans (140) in less than a year. :applause

If you can send her ONE square - you will be helping to bring a smile to a child's face..... Shelly needs 48 squares from 48 DIFFERENT people for each afghan... ONE really helps!!

Hope your hooks are flying, Deborah

Archived