Anyone wanna contribute a square?~It's a wrap! ~see last post

Titus2woman

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have been trying to do at least 2 a night....Hope to mail out some by the end of the week...

But i seem to have lost the addy...Could someone please pm me the addy..

TY

Karen

Here is a link to the FAQ with the address, and it's a great idea to keep it handy right here! http://thiseclecticlife.com/faq The October update page is also available: http://thiseclecticlife.com/2007/10/01/october-sas-update/

I have completed two squares, and this has been the PERFECT learning experience! I tried out a fancy one and learned SO MUCH about reading a pattern through my crochet a row, rip out two, try again! LOL! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

I'm going to have yarn leftovers from my first afghan and would love to make up some squares to help. Does anyone know of a video tutorial that teaches how to make a 6" square? I do so much better with video than just reading. Thanks!

I have completed four squares and hope to do two more. The last two are not traditional, as again it's helped me to learn to read a pattern soooo much! But it is taking a long time... I love to click over to the update from time-to-time and see what's being done. Everything is sooo pretty! (((((HUGS))))) and so glad you're joining in, Tammy! ~sandi

I need a good project for tonight, missed this post earlier, was having comoputer problems for a week or so. Amy is wonderful! I love doing grannies. Need to whittle down those little balls in my stash! Charlene

Are they okay? Are you KIDDING me? Heather, those are GORGEOUS! WOOHOOO! Care to share a pattern? Love it, love it, LOVE IT!

I sent out seven today. I only did one non-traditional, because I was using free patterns online and never got to the library to print them out. The page kept freezing while I was crocheting in front of the 'puter! LOL! I did two with some furry yarn and am so happy I tried it. They were sooo soft, and now I'm not afraid to work with the stuff! YAY!

Being so new I'm still scared they're gonna like, fall apart or something.... (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Are they okay? Are you KIDDING me? Heather, those are GORGEOUS! WOOHOOO! Care to share a pattern? Love it, love it, LOVE IT!

I sent out seven today. I only did one non-traditional, because I was using free patterns online and never got to the library to print them out. The page kept freezing while I was crocheting in front of the 'puter! LOL! I did two with some furry yarn and am so happy I tried it. They were sooo soft, and now I'm not afraid to work with the stuff! YAY!

Being so new I'm still scared they're gonna like, fall apart or something.... (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Thanks!!!

I can share the flower pattern... it's not copywrited or anything.

Chain 4, slip stitch in 1st chain to form ring.

chain 1, 5 single crochet in ring - do not join

2 single crochet in each sc, join with slip stitch (12 sc)

chain 1, sc in same stitch, chain 2, skip 1 sc, sc in next sc around.

join with slip stitch in first sc. (6 chain 2 spaces made)

Over each loop work 1 sc, 1hdc, 3dc, 1hdc, 1 sc. (6 petals made)

ch 5, sc in BACK of work between the sc of next two petals, repeat around. (6 chain 5 spaces made)

Over each loop, work 1 sc, 1hdc, 5 dc, 1hdc, 1 sc. (6 petals made)

ch 7, sc in BACK of work between the sc of next two petals, repeat around. (6 chain 7 spaces made)

Over each loop, work 1 sc, 1hdc, 1 dc, 5 tr, 1 dc, 1hdc, 1sc. (6 petals made)

join, break thread.

Here's the leaf pattern:

ch. 13, 1 sc in 2nd chain from hook, 1 sc in each of the next 10 sts of ch, 3 sc in next st of ch, working on other side of ch, work 1 sc in each of the next 8 sts, ch 3, turn, picking up the back loop of st only throughout, 1 sc in each of the next 9 sc, 3 sc in next sc, 1 sc in each of the next 7 sc, * ch 3, turn, 1 sc in each of the next 8 sc, 3 sc in next sc, 1 sc in each of the next 7 sc, repeat from * 4 times, ch 3, slip st in next 3 sc, cut thread.

here's another square: http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee239/hhensler_photo/img099.jpg

I was just thinking about joining Project Linus, but with buying a fixer-upper house, time is short... I am sure that I will be able to send a few squares to Shelly! Thanks for the Idea...

One question...

On the website, she says that she wants granny squares... Is that true, or is any 6 inch square acceptable?

Archived