My Wedding Shawl - Katchkan's Ramblin' Roses/ better pics, post 28

RoseRed

Beautiful work! From lumberjack afgans to dainty intricate shawl art. You're somethin else Rose!

And another heirloom!

But wear it too. It'll give it that much loved "patina" that I think is so important for your future generations to appreciate.

Thank you all! But most of all - a great big THANK YOU to Kathy for holding my hand thru making it. I didn't so much pattern test it - I learned how to do filet on this one!

I so totally plan on wearing it! I come from a long, distinguished line of crocheters who would NEVER think of putting their hard work away in a closet somewhere. I learned how to care for these items from a very young age. (I always dreaded doily washing day - and I mean DAY!)

Amber even looked up from her Gameboy to tell me how beautiful it looked! Larry is thrilled with how gorgeous it is and my Mom just about flipped! She kept saying " You are your Grandmother!!!" That's just about the most incredible compliment I've ever recieved!

It's a beautiful day today so I'll t ake some better pics. I just couldn't wait to share!

Archived