Football Charity Challenge - update see post 1

mpmuskie

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone -- I just PM's MPmuskie to join!!!! I will be cheering for the GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!!! First game is tomorrow, yipee!!!

I see there are a lot of Pack fans out there......we should plan a get together for one of the games!!!!

Anyways, I have my hook ready! I will be making 12" squares, but I do not know who to donate them too, suggestions?

Yay:cheer Green Bay won...time of possession 28.12 this is what the sports commentators reported at the end of the game

2+8+1+2=13

1+3=4 squares (please tell me if I am correct)

I am making 8"squares and making comfortghans for the domestic abuse shelter both here and in Janesville which is my hometown.

I am making mine with Hunter Green by RH and Gold by Bernat

I made 4 hunter green squares today

I started during the Colts game even though I am rooting for the Steelers. I am doing lapghans for the local VA hospital. I'm working on an Around the World quilt type in shades of blue. I managed to get 31 squares done and joined during the game. (I'm doing join as you go so I don't drive myself crazy sewing things together).

When I went to the laudromat for clothes I got another 10 squares done for a total of 41. So I'll try to get 36 more of these little squares done before next week. I didn't get to see the game as DH and I had a rescue class to teach. I heard it was good. GO STEELERS!

Yesterday evening I finished up a shoulder wrap I did for the VA hospital. The volunteer coordinator mentioned that the old folks get cold even in the summer.

The Vikings won too. I think I heard it was 36 minutes possession. So I'll be making a quiltghan with little squares to start. I was going to make an Ohio Star Variant but I'm sort of liking Leslie's idea of a ATW lapghan. Hmm..:think Maybe after I do the OSV. :yes

Looks like the Eagles lost! Oh well...not a big surprise. They had possession for 31mins i believe, so I'll be making 4 squares this week.

I am doing squares based on the Vikings. According to what I found, they had possession for 26:59 minutes (I could be wrong as I saw someone else said 36 so please don't go by my stats). So that means 2+6+5+9=22 and 2+2=4. I am just going to aim for 4 this week because I'm doing 12 inchers and I need to finish up an afghan before my mom comes to visit this weekend as it was a wedding present for when she got married in July. It's been sitting on the back burner for a while I'm afraid. Ever time she comes she asks if it is done so this time I would like to say yes. Hope everyone else is doing GREAT! Have a good one.

I am doing my squares for the Bears. Is it okay if we round the TOP? They had the ball for 22:57 so I had rounded that to 23 minutes and planned on making 5 squares this week. But it would only be 2 more squares if I use the actual TOP without rounding it, so I might end up doing 7 anyway! I'll just have to see how it goes time wise...

I've gotten a tiny, little, bit addicted to knitting since I learned last month, so a few of my squares over the course of the season may be knitted. :devil I have the 200 Knit Blocks book, which is by the same author as the 200 Crochet Blocks book, which I also have, and I think I'm going to do all of my squares out of those. Just have to pick a color scheme for the first one.

I think I may go with the Bears' colors - blue, orange and white.

Hopefully the Bears will do better next week! Go Bears! :cheer

the redskin time was 32.03 so i guess it will be 8 squares for me.................i will do them this week probably 3 for the traveling hook, 2 for PRA and 3 for angelfires circles! (may do a few more than 3 since they are small) just an idea, need to see how the old hands hold up!

Hey gang,

I have the time of possession for this week. I got the official stats from NFL.com. I rounded to whole numbers. If there were less than 30 seconds after the whole number I rounded down, and if there were more than, I rounded up. So, without further ado, here are the stats for this week.

Time of possession

Indianapolis Colts 38 (or 11 or 2)

Pittsburgh Steelers 36 (or 9)

Chicago Bears 23 (or 5)

Buffalo Bills 27 (or 9)

Philadelphia Eagles 32 (or 5)

Green Bay Packers 28 (or 10 or 1)

New York Giants 32 (or 5)

New England Patriots 33 (or 6)

Washington Redskins 35 (or 8)

Tennessee Titans 29 (or 11 or 2)

Minnesota Vikings 27

...and I'm still waiting for my number of squares. :)

Kickoff for my beloved Cincinnati Bengals in 1 hour 53 minutes. :cheer Leaving for the game in about 15 minutes. They keep the time of posession on the scoreboard, so I'll probably know how many squares before the end of the game.:cheer

Can't wait. :clap

I so excited the Green Bay Packers won. :cheer:cheer:cheer Their new field goal kicker is amazing. Well, I was so gung ho, I crochet 23-7" squares during the games this Sunday. 5 more squares and I will have one for every minute of possession for the Packers. Gosh, what a goof ball I am, I should have checked the 1st post to see how we were going to total up the squares. lol Ha, when they don't win I probably won't crochet so fast because I will be biting my cuticles!!!!

Congratulations to all the winning crocheters!!!

I did 30 2 inch squares last week so I'll let that stand for this weeks game. I was going to do college and pro but don't think I'll have the time to so I'm just going to do pro.

WHO DEY!!!!!

Bengals won 27-20 which featured a goal line stand during the last minutes of the game. :clap :clap

That was one amazing game, and hopefully a precursor to a playoff season. :cheer

Time of possession...I think it was slightly over 27 and a half minutes...rounded up to 28 minutes. 2=8=10; 1+0=1.

I know I can do one square. :devil In fact, I already have one done. However, I'll try to do ten...gonna be interesting since I have a lot going. We'll see what happens.:)

Since I really don't like doing squares (hate blocking and joining them :2nono ), I calculated how many rows of a 20x36 shell stitch blanket I would have to do to equal a 6x6 square. I came up with 3 rows equal one square.

So that's how I'm going to do this.

Since the Steelers had the ball for 36 minutes, I need to do the equivalent of 9 squares which is 27 rows.

I better get crackin!:eek

Anna :hook

This will be fun!!

Lady BeBop,

You are right about the Bengals time of possession. Bengals had the ball for 28 minuted (actually 27 minutes and change). So Bengals fans, 2+8=10 or 1 square this week. As for a playoff season for the Bengals, well, they still have to go up against my mighty Steelers LOL. Just teasing!

Philly, I will add you to the colts team. If I remember correctly, their time of possession was 38 minutes, which would be 3+8=11 or 1+1=2, so that would be the goal to shoot for.

I'm glad to see that everyone seems to be having fun with this! With all of the squares everyone is making, we can make a difference!

Also, I would ask that you keep Kevin Everett in your good thoughts. He is a Buffalo Bill who recieved a cervical spinal injury in their game against the Broncos. As of last night, the Dr.s were saying that the probability of him having full body motion were slim. So, let's keep him in our thoughts and prayers.

Here we go, Steelers, Here we go:cheer .

I got my 9 squares done on Sunday and I was even able to get a few more done while watching the first game of the double header on Monday.

Even though I am a die-hard Steeler fan, I have to say to all of you Cincinnatti and Baltimore fans....WHAT A GAME!! I'll be looking forward to some good games when they play the Steelers.

Archived