Football Charity Challenge - update see post 1

mpmuskie

Maybe I'll get some squares done tonight...I've been such a slacker on this.

WOOHOO! GO PHILLIES!!!

Just thought I'd toss that in there since they won the National League East Chaimpion Title!

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the Steelers this week (can't believe the idjits lost to the CARDINALS! :bang) they had "Average Gain per Offensive Play - 4.9" So that's 4+9=13; 1+3+4. Finally, a manageable number!

I'll post pix of my first blanket sometime this week. I hope!

Anna:hook

PS: Yea for my Colorado Rockies. They won today to force a play-in game for the NL wild card. If they win tomorrow, they'll be in the playoffs for the first time in 12 years and only the second time in their history.

:jumpyay:woo

I got 8 squares done today so that leaves 5 left over from the previous weeks plus whatever I need to do this week. The Vikings lost to Green Bay so... Kelly are you celebrating the Packers win and Favre's record beating touchdown throw?

Hey ladies,

I updated post 1 with the stats for this week. I'm sorry that I got them so late today. For some reason, the bye weeks confuzed me lol. No one really has a lot to do this week. So far the Colts are in the lead with 7.

I agree that I can't believe that my beloved Steelers lost to Arizona! I had to hide my face today, especially since I live just down the road from the Cardinals stadium. This just means we'll come back harder next week. I still just can't believe it! Also, do any Steeler fans out there know how Polamalu is? I know he got hurt in tthe game, but haven't heard anything since. Thanks.

Hey everyone! Sorry its been so long since i Updated! I've got a total of 14 squares done so far, Hopefully I'll get more done today, i'll have to figure out my number for the stat this week still, but so far so good, 10 of them are 8 inch, 4 are 12 inch!

Hope you all are doing well with yours!

Also, do any Steeler fans out there know how Polamalu is? I know he got hurt in tthe game, but haven't heard anything since. Thanks.

I did some poking around online and couldn't find any updates to his status. Hopefully, it's not a big deal.

I don't know where I got the idea that the Steelers had a bye week coming up. I must have been thinking about one of our other teams.

amg2

How 'bout them Rockies!!!:cheer

Okay, I think I have had to do 29 total for all 4 weeks. I had 5 left from last week plus the 6 for this week so I have 11 squares to do. That means I have done a total of 18 squares. I am so glad the Vikings have a bye this coming week. It will give me time to catch up.

On a different note, I'm eagerly waiting for my sister-in-law to have a baby today. She was getting induced this morning so I'm going to have another little nephew to be an aunt too. Can't wait.

I updated post 1 with the stats from last night's game and the square totals. If I have missed someone's square update please let me know, and I will fix it.

Awnm, thanks for looking up about Polamalu. Hopefully, since there doesn't seem to be much info about the injury, it's a minor one. The Steelers couldn't stand to be without him long.

Danielle, congrats on being an aunt again! I know how exciting it is for me each time my family expands a little more. I hope everyone is doing well.

Aww I had a bye week! :( I was looking forward to getting more done on my lapghan quilt. Oh well maybe next week will be a big number :)

I'm at 54 total squares for the weeks up to date.

Mpmuskie, I have a total of 125 done and attached to my quilt ghan. I'm also doing wraps for them and have 4 done. Don't know if you want to add them to the total or not???:think

Hi ladies,

It seems like we're loosing steam with this challenge. Any Ideas as to how we can interject some life back into this?

Well, it's time to start thinking about this week's games. This week we will go off of the number of passes attempted. That is how many times the quarterback throws the football. This is usually a two digit number, so again, we can add them down. I'll post either later today or tomorrow which teams have a bye week this week.

Hi ladies,

It seems like we're loosing steam with this challenge. Any Ideas as to how we can interject some life back into this?

Hey, I'm still in it. :clap I'm hard at work at the Bengals afghan which will be raffled off at work for our annual Combined Federal Campaign (federal workers equivilent to the United Way).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/LadyBeBop/003.jpg

I made the "B" a little over a year ago for a possible family afghan. Due to its small size, it quickly became an UFO. The width was good, but the length was...well way too short.

By attaching squares, I'm increasing its size to a good afghan size. This isn't done yet; I still want to attach two or three more rows of squares. That way, the afghan will be about 6 feet by 4 feet...a good afghan size. I'll post pix of the finished product. The raffle begins in about a week, but won't end until probably the middle of November. Needless to say, I'll still be making squares while the afghan is actually being raffled...I thinking about seeing if we can actually incorporate this challenge into the raffle itself...the size of the afghan depends on how the Bengals do that week. :cheer

The people at work know me as the mad crocheter, so this is going to be fun. :devil

Well, it's time to start thinking about this week's games. This week we will go off of the number of passes attempted. That is how many times the quarterback throws the football. This is usually a two digit number, so again, we can add them down. I'll post either later today or tomorrow which teams have a bye week this week.

Well, I know my beloved Cincinnati Bengals have the bye. And we need it also. Our defense is....well so banged up, I heard that Coach Lewis is raiding the cast of "Friday Night Lights" looking for a linebacker to suit up for the following Sunday. With most teams playing four linebackers at a time, you can't have only two healthy linebackers on the entire roster.

Your Steelers also have a bye as well. :nahnah Needless to say, I'm not a Steeler fan. But my hubby (from Steubenville, OH) is, so that makes for some interesting football conversations. :tryme

The Vikings lost to Green Bay so... Kelly are you celebrating the Packers win and Favre's record beating touchdown throw?

YEAH PACKERS!!!!!!! Brett can now go about making a record of his own. I am just glad that he didn't break the interception record the same day:blush

im still in and will update pics as soon as i get the squares form my moms house i left them there for her to show a lady from hospice who helped take care of my granny that passed away 2 weeks ago today.

I am donating some of them to hospice and the others to the va hospital and maybe a couple to the childrens hospital too i donate a lot to them.

I hope to work on some square tonight when I get back from dinner. It is my goal to get atleast 2 done, but I might just switch my squares from cables to just hdc or sc squares to make them go a bit quicker. I'm really far behind!

I'm still in, too. I had a couple of other projects to finish before I started on them, but I have a few made. The Titans had a bye last week, so I was hoping to catch up over the last couple of weeks. No such luck, though. I am planting myself on the couch this evening, though, to watch baseball, so I can work on them then.

I'll try to get a picture posted by the end of the weekend. :cheer

I'm still at work too. I'm still working on my squares and am getting another shawl started for the VA. The next lapghan I work on for them isn't going to be squares. I'll just keep track of rows. I need a break from the squares right now. :hook I haven't been able to post any pictures yet because DH has the camera. He's been away for work for 2 weeks now. When he gets back I'll try to get some pics up.

I'm glad to see everyone here! Looks like I'm going to have to get my mom (robbepete) and grandma (beckyp) in gear LOL.

As promised, here are the teams with byes this week"

Cincinnati Bengals

Philadelphia Eagles

Minnesota Vikings.

Lady bebop, The Steelers bye week is next week. They play the Seattle Seahawks this week, so your dh can be happy for one more week lol.

Lady bebop, The Steelers bye week is next week. They play the Seattle Seahawks this week, so your dh can be happy for one more week lol.

Yeah, I thought someone told me that the Steelers and Bengals have the same bye. But DH told me otherwise.

I'm just hoping that the Seahawks does as well against the Steelers as against the Bengals.

Archived