Football Charity Challenge - update see post 1

mpmuskie

Using the number 17 for the Packers for week 2

I needed 6" black squares to use in an upcoming ghan so I will be counting the 15 I made for the Monthly Square CAL, I'll whip up the others later this week. Taking a class tomorrow night and will need to squeeze in those last two squares bewteen the homework. I should be able to get them done at work tomorrow during lunch so I am not really worried about it :hook

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey gang,

I'm sorry I didn't get on yesterday, was having internet trouble. Anywya, here are the stats from Monday night's game

Washington Redskins 227 or 13 or 4

Philadelphia Eagles 340 or 7

I'm working on getting the square totals updated today. Hopefully my computer won't poop out on me. LOL

Oh no! I've got to make 7! We'll, I've got 1 finished...kind of cheated, I made it last week. And another one just needs edging. Guess I've gotta make 5 more. I'm gonna have to go to the attic and dig through the box I put up there last week (to get it out of the way for the room shift), because I don't think I have enough to make solid squares in my scrap bag. Hope I can find some pinks/purples, otherwise I'll just grab the white.

Can't wait to see pics of the squares everyone is making!

Hey ladies,

I have updated post 1 with square totals for everyone. I think I got them all, if not, let me know.

Also, it's Thursday, which means we start thinking about next week's games. The statistic we will use this week will be rushing yards. If you would like to look it up for yourself before I can get around to posting it, that's fine. If you are going to google search, or on the NFL's website, it will be listed as "net yards rushing." I'm trying to save the stats that will have lower totals until the Holiday season when everyone, even me, is rnning crazy!

I only have 3 squares done for this week so far, so I need to get cracking!

Also, it's Thursday, which means we start thinking about next week's games. The statistic we will use this week will be rushing yards.

Interesting stat this week. The Bengals are playing the Seattle Seahawks The Seahawks' star running back, Shaun Alexander, played high school football just ten minutes away from here in Florence, KY. So there's a lot of mixed loyalties here in Northern KY, right outside of Cincinnati.

Seven down, two to go. It's been a long week.

I think I need to have 16 total for the last 2 weeks. So far, I only have 5. The 12-inch squares are killing me. I think for now to get caught up I am going to do 6-inch squares and then join those myself to send to PRA. So before Sunday I need to do 11 squares. Good thing I have no plans this weekend.

I finished all mine and have some of them attached for now. Here's a picture of my progress. I have 34 from the last two weeks. They are all about 2".

You squares look great Donna!:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Well, it was an interesting game. Bengals and Seattle Seahawks exchanged leads several times throughout the game. Unfortunately, the Seahawks pulled out the victory with a last minute touchdown. :yell

I might be missing something, but checking www.nfl.com, they have the rushing stats broken down, not by team, but by individual players on the team. I totalled up the rushing yards, by the Bengals, and came up to 92 yards. 9+2=11..1+1=2. Meaning, I have two squares to make. Much more doable than last week's 9 squares with my in-laws coming to town.:hook

I'm hoping to get a few more than two done if I want to donate that afghan to the charity auction in mid-October. Besides, the in-laws left this morning.

BTW, I have 13 squares done over the two week period...four made the first week, and nine made the second week.

I'm ready to do some squares and I guess my team doesn't play till the Monday night game :) Oh well that gives me one more day to finish up what I'm doing and be cleared up for the squares.

Well I didn't finish many squares last week. Life caught up and other things had to be done. I did finish to wraps that I am also giving to the VA along with the lapghan I'm doing. So maybe that will count toward my squares total. :think:)

I'm going to try to get back to them this week.

OMG the EAGLES won! 56-21!!!

And they were celebrating the 75th anniversary and wearing different uniforms. Unfortunately I didn't watch the game but I listened for a few minutes yesterday while driving.

Archived