Football Charity Challenge - update see post 1

mpmuskie

if i've read the stats right....redskins had 67 completed passes, 6+7=13, 1+3=4 so i need four squares, i have 2 left over from last week and made 2 during the game. so i have mine for the week, unless i messed up how to figure this out!

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if i've read the stats right....redskins had 67 completed passes,

That's their total for the year thus far. :)

Redskin quarterback Jason Campbell had 21 completed passes today. 2+1=3...so you have three squares for the week. :yes

Me...I'm gonna be busy. Another bad day for my beloved Cincinnati Bengals :yell We lost 27-20. Carson Palmer had a not-so-good day being interecepted twice and losing a fumble. None-the-less, he did complete 26 passes (including two touchdowns). 2+6=8 squares for the week.

I have all my squares caught up and am even ahead 2 (until I get yesterday's stats). I tried to look but I cannot figure the NFL website out. I can never tell if it is an average of the season or what. Oh well, no hurry. I can just wait until it is updated.

Hi all,

Sorry it took me soo long to get the stats up today. DH was home earlier and he loves the computer, so I sat down to crochet and next thing I knew it was time to pick DD up from school, then homework and all that fun stuff and I am just now able to get a shot at the computer. Anyway, Here are this week's stats (and yes, they are available in post 1 too!)

Minnesota Vikings 9

Chicago Bears 26 or 8

Cincinnati Bengals 26 or 8

Arizona Cardinals 14 or 5

Philadelphia Eagles 22 or 4

Washington Redskins 21 or 3

GreenBay Packers 19 or 10 or 1

New England Patriots 31 or 4

Tennessee Titans 21 or 3

The Steelers, Colts, and Bills have a bye week this week. The Giants play tonight.

I think I'm always in the high numbers -- 9 again. Well, I got 5 of them done so far. I think that puts my total up to 39 squares. I'm off of work tomorrow and Friday so maybe I will take cleaning breaks to make a square or 2.

Hi y'all!

It's time again to look towards Sunday and the football games. This week we'll go off of third down conversions, that is the number of times your team gets the first down from the third down. I'm hoping the stats won't be too high, because I haven't done a single square this week with my team's bye week. I so need to get back to making squares lol. I'll post the teams with bye weeks later today. I'm pretty excited though because I'm pretty sure I get this week's Steeler game! If I recall correctly, they play Sunday night! Living in AZ and being a Steelers fan, well, let's just say I don't get to see too many games, so I get excited about the ones I do get. Go Steelers!

I got my 8 squares in for the week. :)

It's time again to look towards Sunday and the football games. This week we'll go off of third down conversions, that is the number of times your team gets the first down from the third down.

I have a feeling this is going to be artificially high this week. Last week, the Bengals had only one third down conversion the entire game, and the media made a big deal of it. So I'm thinking the Bengals will be concentrating harder to make those third downs.

BTW, going to the game today. Should be an interesting game.

I'll post the teams with bye weeks later today.

Haven't seen them listed yet, so here there are

Carolina Panthers

Cleveland Browns

Green Bay Packers

San Diego Chargers

I'm pretty excited though because I'm pretty sure I get this week's Steeler game! If I recall correctly, they play Sunday night! Living in AZ and being a Steelers fan, well, let's just say I don't get to see too many games, so I get excited about the ones I do get. Go Steelers!

As a diehard Bengals fan, I know the Steelers are one of our biggest rivals. All I can see is "Go Broncos!" :devil

However, my husband, the diehard Steeler fan, may disagree.:blush

Living in AZ and being a Steelers fan, well, let's just say I don't get to see too many games, so I get excited about the ones I do get. Go Steelers!

I hear ya there. I live in NM and have the same problem. We usually see the Cowboys and the Broncos and a few others in between. The year after they won the Super Bowl was better because they were the "game of the week" more often. This year... :shrug

We'll take what we can get!

Anna:hook

Go Steelers!:cheer

Here are the stats from yesterday's games.

Third down conversions

The number of times your team converts the third down to a first down.

Chicago Bears 8

Cincinnati Bengals 7

Buffalo Bills 3

Arizona Cardinals 6

Philadelphia Eagles 7

New York Giants 7

New England Patriots 3

Washington Redskins 4

Pittsburgh Steelers 9

Tennessee Titans 6

Minnesota Vikings 2

The Green Bay Packers had a bye week, and the Indianapolis Colts play tonight.

My beloved Steelers lost in a nail biter last night. I watched until the game was over, and though they lost, I still enjoyed watching the game. Go Steelers!

Well, I finished another shawl and 10 more squares on my lapghan. That makes 5 shawls and 144 squares done. Got to get my rear in gear and work on that lapghan. :hook I';m going to try to get at least 9 more done this week.

Hey Colts fans,

I've tried to look up the weekly stat both yesterday and today and I'm not having any luck. I don't know what's up. I'll keep trying and I promise to post it just as soon as I can.

I have 3 of my 8 squares done for this week. I've been trying to get some work done on a few projects I have for Christmas. I can't believe it's two months away. I don't know how it snuck up on me like this lol.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

I have the stat for the Indianapolis Colts. In a totally blonde moment (lol) I realized I wasn't looking for the stat right. Not that all blondes are dumb or anything, just what my family calls a blonde moment, as I am blonde. Anywho, the stat for the Colts is 7 third down conversions.

Still hope everyone is having a great week!

I have my seven squares done for the week. :cheer

I'm starting to crochet them together for a lapghan. :manyheart

Can't wait to see the stat we're using for Sunday's game. Actually, I can't wait until Sunday's game. It's going to be an easy win for my beloved Cincinnati Bengals.

Who do the Bengals play again? Oh yeah, the Steelers. :hook

Lady bebop,

You can think that Sunday's game will be an easy win for you Bengals, but well, I beg to differ LOL. If I remember correctly (and I'm pretty sure I do LOL) it is not your Bengals that lead the division. So, who does lead the division you ask? None other than my beloved Steelers. lol. And again if I remember correctly, even the Cleveland Browns are ahead of your Bengals in the division. I thought it was a law that if any team loses to the Browns they get kicked out of the NFL LOL> So, I guess that means your Bengals aren't even in the NFL any more so I'm pretty sure my Steelers will have no problem with your Bengals LOL.

As for the stat for this week, it will be first downs by passing. That is how many times the quarterback passes, or throws, for a first down. This week may be a little high as a lot of teams don't seem to have much of a running game, as was evident when we did the stat of total yards rushing. But do take heart, we will be getting to lower stats very soon. I figured I'd hold off on some of the lower stats until the holiday season, which is only a few weeks away. Can you believe it?

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Enjoy the games!

Go STEELERS!

As for the stat for this week, it will be first downs by passing. That is how many times the quarterback passes, or throws, for a first down. This week may be a little high as a lot of teams don't seem to have much of a running game, as was evident when we did the stat of total yards rushing.

Yeah, I anticipated having to do a few more squares as usual as Carson P lights up the air with passes to TJ and Ocho Cinqo. While the Bengals D stuffs poor Big Ben.

(Disclaimer...I like Ben. He went to college just up the road at Miami U...about an hour north of here. But I don't like him that much.)

...the holiday season, which is only a few weeks away. Can you believe it?

Don't remind me. I'm still trying to get ready for Christmas 2003. :blush

Go STEELERS!

No comment. :tryme

Okay Lady BeBop, you've started it now. As mpmuski's mother, I should advise you not to get her started in a debate about her precious Steelers. She learned from the best (ME!) about being a die-hard Steelers fan. And die-hard fans we are. Even in the bad times we still love our boys in black and gold. I'm not going to make any predictions about who's going to win the game because, well, the Steelers seem to be winning the hard games and blowing the easy ones (e.g. Arizona - how can you lose to Arizona?) This particualr match-up against the "Bungles" seems like it should be an easy win, but, you never know. But, it is the "Bungles", so there's the pride thing on the line, too.

Okay Lady BeBop, you've started it now. As mpmuski's mother, I should advise you not to get her started in a debate about her precious Steelers. She learned from the best (ME!) about being a die-hard Steelers fan. And die-hard fans we are. Even in the bad times we still love our boys in black and gold. I'm not going to make any predictions about who's going to win the game because, well, the Steelers seem to be winning the hard games and blowing the easy ones (e.g. Arizona - how can you lose to Arizona?) This particualr match-up against the "Bungles" seems like it should be an easy win, but, you never know. But, it is the "Bungles", so there's the pride thing on the line, too.

I love a good smack game. :D And I know about die-hard Steeler fans.

I married one. :blush

Yes, I married a good man from the Pittsburgh area. Meaning I have to listen to all the talk about the game from him and his family. Especially my BIL. His den is a shrine to Steeler Nation.

During the Super Bowl (when the Steelers won against the Seahawks), DH and DBIL took me to a bar that caters to Steeler fans. Right in the middle of Cincinnati. :2eek For a while, I wondered when I crossed the state line into Pennsylvania.

Anyway, Robbepete, I know you'll be in front of the TV set watching the Black and Gold, just like I'll be in front of my TV set watching the Orange and Black. (MPMuskie, will the game be on in AZ? And what kind of razzing are you getting from the Cardinal fans this week? I know we got a lot from the Cleveland fans here when we lost to them...and we have a few Browns fans).

Anyway...may the best team win this Sunday. :hug

And may it be a good home field victory. :devil

Archived