Football Charity Challenge - update see post 1

mpmuskie

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so I definitely will not have enough time to finish the 10 for the Packers......so I am going with the one rule.......but I made three! It's been quite a weird week for me, but I am ready to rock and roll this week!

th_S6300343.jpg

th_S6300345.jpg

the blues and purples are 12" squares I will be joining to give to a local hospice or something. The pink square is for the traveling hook done in pink to honor my grandmother who taught me to crochet she died 5 years ago from complications of breast cancer

I finally finished by 9 square equivalents (27 rows) of a baby blanket. On to the games today!

I'm going to alternate colors every week, so it should make a cool and unique blanket.

Go Steelers!!

Anna:hook

Off to put up green chile for the season. I'll try to post pictures of my blanket later.

I finally finished by 9 square equivalents (27 rows) of a baby blanket. On to the games today!

I'm going to alternate colors every week, so it should make a cool and unique blanket.

Go Steelers!!

Anna:hook

Off to put up green chile for the season. I'll try to post pictures of my blanket later.

i love your idea and might do some like that it seems a little variety might be fun lol but as for now off to work on my squares woohoooo only problem is i hate joining lol but maybe it wont be so bad this time ill post pics as soon as i get kids started on school work tomorrow hopefully yeahhhhhhhh

Great job Leslie. Does anyone know what stats we're using for this week? I am just over half done with last weeks :blush I've been trying to get hubby's Christmas present finished while he's been out of town so I'll work on the squares tomorrow for sure.

Also, it's time again to start thinking about this week's games. This week the stat we will use will be total offensive yardage. Like with time of possession, you can add the numbers down. I know I can't make over 100 squares in a week lol. Also, if you would like to post the total number of squares you made this past week (and photos too if you would like) on Saturday, I will keep a running tally for everyone, both individually and by team. Let's see which team can make the most!

Here's this week's stat

This has not been a good day for me.

First, I find out that my dear MIL is coming to visit next weekend. I love my MIL :manyheart ...but she loves a clean house. Meaning most of my crocheting time will be spent cleaning. :thair

Then what should have been an easy victory for the Bengals turned out to be a crushing upset. :bang The offense definately showed up...45 points (which would win about 95% of the games), but the defense didn't...allowing 51 points

Bengals had 531 total yards...5+3+1=9. :eek That's a lot with MIL coming to town. Hopefully I'll get them done.

ETA

Okay now I just have to figure out the offensive yardage. I'm thinking I may have to add this one down though :lol I may be squared out if I don't.

I'll make it easy for you. You have the Vikings right?

Their total yardage is 313 yards.

3+1+3=7...meaning seven squares this week. :)

If y'all want to know your stats right after the game, just go to http://www.nfl.com

I have looked at two different teams and I am not seeing any numbers that are listed matching on the NFL site that was posted above

If someone could just share the information with us gals who love the game but don't know how to read stats......:blush

Thanks

I have looked at two different teams and I am not seeing any numbers that are listed matching on the NFL site that was posted above

If someone could just share the information with us gals who love the game but don't know how to read stats......:blush

Thanks

Well, I know MPMuskie will give the final totals this Tuesday, but...I hope she doesn't mind me helping. :)

Kelly, you have the Packers, right? Their total net yards is 368. 3+6+8=17. 1+7=8.

HTH.

Ok, I got mine for the Packers- that would be eight. I figured it out last night. My boys think it's awesome that I am looking for these stats. lol The Packers have looked great the past two Sunday's, I got my fingers and toes crossed for next week!!!

yay for little brother in laws.. well close enough... i nag him like he's my brother.... and he comes to me with all his problems... and i'm marrying his brother as soon as 2000 more dollars jump into my lap (about a year from now)

anyways he said 407 yards... so i will shoot for 11 but maybe just 2 for this next week.. gonna make the last 4 for last week today, then i'll post pictures

Hey gang,

I have updated post 1 with the stats for this week. I see that some of you are anxious to get started on your squares on Sunday, so I will tell you a few ways to find the stat for the week. The quickest and best way I know is to go to the NFL's website, click on the "scores" link, Then, under your team's score there's a link titled "game Center." Click that link and it will take you to a page with all the stats for both teams from that game. Another way to do it would be to google search the stat for the week, such as "time of posession" plus your team's name. It should look like this: "time of possession" + "pittsburgh Steelers" The first result should be a link to the NFL's website and the Game Center for that game. However, if your team is the home team, you will have to click the link and go to the web page. The first stat they will show with a google search will be the visitors stat. I really hope that makes sense.

I will update the totals from last week, probably tomorrow. I'm running out of time before my dd gets home from school and I try not to be on the computer when she gets home so I can spend the time with her. Also, I didn't tell y'all my total from last week. I got 20 6 inch squares made last week.

Archived