Football Charity Challenge - update see post 1

mpmuskie

Ok I have to do this now ......another PRA member

Will do squares however I have to stay true to the Green & Gold

After all I am a Cheesehead 0903090001_14_13_1.jpg

I will have to pick up the pounders at Joann's (on Sale of course) so I can use those for this CAL

Sign me up for the PACKERS!!!!! 1902009002_37_13_1.jpg :cheerGO Pack GO:cheer1902009002_37_13_1.jpg

Will do the amount of touchdowns they get per week

On the their Bye week 10/21 I will support Tampa Bay (DH team)

Hopefully the Pack will have some excellent receivers and will score like crazy - especially for a great charity that I support!!!

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:cheer :cheer

Yeah Kelly -- glad you are joining us but green and gold. Come on. Just kidding. You know us Vikings and Green Bay -- have some rivalry going on. I'm not a serious Vikings fan, just had to give you a bad time. We will have to see how many actual squares the PRA members can make. :yay

Woohoo! Hehe, so far I don't have a preference for teams. I might just make a bunch of squares, then see how many I make, then choose the team lol. :) Seriously though, I'll probably just pick a different team each week, and go from there. I really want to just flood Amy with squares in PRA. That'd be fun. hehe

Victoria

Hi Sherri! :) Perhaps you could do 6" for another charity (or a smaller size) then do 1 if your team wins, and 2 if they loose of the 12" squares? Really, it's just all about doing what you can, and this is a way of us to sort of get to know eachother a little better. It's really not all about the numbers. :) What colors do you think you'll use?

Victoria

I'd like to join! This would be a good way to kick out some extra lapghans for the nursing home I give them to.

I guess my team would be TN Titans I don't know anything about football (I'm a hocky kind of gal :) ) and don't watch it but DH does. I know College would have to be Notre Dame per DH's love of that team.

I'm ready to go!

Heather, what size do you make your lapghans? :think I am going to start on them for the local VA hospital and was wondering what size would be best. Also, do you think some shawl kind of wraps would be appreciated? I'm finally getting the hang of working with Homespun and it does make a lovely soft wrap.

LeslieG, I love working with Homespun too! :) I like to use a size P hook, then a strand of Homespun with a strand of worsted weight (usually red heart) and it works up beautifully. There's one color in particular that I like to mix black with, and it makes a neat fall looking one. :) There are some beautiful homespun blend colors. Neat!!

Victoria

Heather, what size do you make your lapghans? :think I am going to start on them for the local VA hospital and was wondering what size would be best. Also, do you think some shawl kind of wraps would be appreciated? I'm finally getting the hang of working with Homespun and it does make a lovely soft wrap.

I haven't really measured but I try to make them no bigger than 36 inches but no smaller than 28 inches square just depends on the pattern I'm using as to what they end up being. Shawls would be good too I would think. I'm going to try to do some of those this winter for the nursing home.

Hello gang,

Sorry it's taken me so long to get updated, but I think it's done. I've gone through and made sure everyone is on thee team of their choice. I think I have everyone. If you find your name is not on the list, please forgive me, and just let me know. I'll add it as soon as possible.

Also, I have the stat up for this week. This week will be time of possession, or how long your team has the football. Usually, this number is well into at least the 20s, so you can add the digits down to get a smaller, more manageable number. For example, if the time of possession is 33 minutes, add 3+3 to get 6. This way, the max number of any week is 9.

I will do my very best to post the totals from each game just as soon as possible. All will be posted Tuesday morning at the very latest. I will post both an individual post and add it to the first post as well. Thiss way there will be more than one way to get the number for the week.

If you would like to post the number of squares you have made on Saturday, I will keep a running total for each person and each team. This is not a requirement. Even the goaln umber is not a requirement. I just thought this would be a fun way to keep track and keep motivated.

I hope I've explained everything well enough. If I haven't just ask, I'll be around a lot more frequently now.

Also, the season starts this week. The first game of the season is Thursday. So the show is just about to hit the road.

Here's to a good season!

So I guess my team didn't play last week :) I think when it's going to be a big number I'll do little squares for a quilt lapghan and when it's a smaller number I'll make bigger squares for another lapghan. They all are going to the nursing home and that way I'll get to work on 2 at a time. :)

Where do I find out what they had for the stat that week? I don't know anything about football.

Vickietoria, I can't really say I love Homespun yet. :lol Actually, for quite a long time I hated it. :think I just couldn't get the hang of working with it. What turned me around was doing Seraphina shawls for my Mom and sister. I did one in the new Bamboo yarn for Mom and saw a color in Homespun that was perfect for Lynne.

I bought it, used an M hook and found I didn't have trouble with it. :yay So now I want to try it in a few shawls for the VA. It is so soft and the colors are gorgeous.

hseger, mpmuskie said she would post the stats. I do watch football, but, I wouldn't know where to look them up either.

I'm not too sure about this so don't quote me but I think the season maybe starts today. I had to look my team up on the internet and saw that they play on the 9th for their first game. It also posts their scores for the preseason so maybe try looking up your team on the internet. I don't know if it will show time they had possession or not though.

Also thanks mpmuskie for all your work.

Yes, the season starts tonight. If you picked the Colts or the Saints, tonight would be the night to find your scores and totals. Are you ready for some football?

Don't worry about finding the stat. I will post for all teams by Tuesday morning at the absolute latest. I will post both an individual post and update post 1 so there will be two ways to find out the number of squares for the week.The season officially starts tonight. The past four weeks have been preseason games. I will try my best to post the stats either the day of the game or the next morning, well, morning here. It'll be afternoon on the east coast, as I'm in Arizona.

Are you ready for some football????? I know I am!

Yes, the season starts tonight. If you picked the Colts or the Saints, tonight would be the night to find your scores and totals. Are you ready for some football?

I sure am. After watching my beloved Cincinnati Bengals miss the playoffs by a missed field goal, I'm waiting for revenge.

However, for me, that must wait until Monday.

Hey Colts fans,

Man, what an awesome game last night! The poor Saints couldn't hold on to the ball at all in the second half. It was so nice to watch football again! That being said, you Colts fans are lucky this week! The Colts time of posession was 38 minutes (ok, I rounded up). You can either try to get 38 squares done, which I know I probably couldn't do, or get 11 (3+8) squares done, which I think is a bit more managable, OR 2 (3+8=11, 1+1=2) squares doen. I think 2 swquares is totally managable.

My hand is itching, the yarn is begging me to use it, and the hook is calling my name..... oh yeah and I am excited about watching the game too:hook

I am soooo ready for some football

PS there are two games Monday night one of them starts at 9:15 pm :eek Arizonia & San Francisco

Hey Eagle fans get ready for the mighty Green and Gold :yes

Wasn't that an amazing game last night. That Peyton Manning is awesome.

Even though the Steelers haven't played yet, I decided to get started. I am making lap robes for my local VA. I put my own colors to the Around the World quiltghan. I am doing RHSS Soft White, Colonial Blue, Windsor blue and a Caron blue varigated. I got 31 squares done and put together last night during the game.

I am joining as I go so it goes really quick. I did 12 more at the laundomat while I was waiting for my clothes. So I am at 43 of 169 for a lapghan. Off to a good start and I am pleased with the way it is turning out.

Archived