What are your LEAST favorite stitches?

What stitches do you avoid at all costs? You know, the stitch that makes you turn the page and look for another pattern?

I do mostly thread crochet but I HATE the picot that has you ch 3 and slip stitch into the 1st ch. I hate doing it, and I hate the sloppy results (the enlarged loop where you made the sl st). I always modify this by slip stitching into the base stitch. Even so, I avoid patterns that end with picots for miles and miles around the piece. Torture!

I hate making chains so I avoid patterns that include lots of chaining like fishnet.

I hate anything that is primarily single crochet which I find tedious (like making those little beanie baby things....whatchamacallems?)

I don't mind sc patterns, as they are good mindless WIPs to take along to do on the go.

However, I HATE bobble stitches (or cluster stitches, I believe they're also called). Not popcorn stitches--those are okay. The bobble stitches, though, absolutely kill my tendonitis-ridden arm. I'm currently working on an afghan that has several of these and find I'm having to rest every 15 minutes or so, so I don't get too strained.

Well I don't HATE any stitch, but my least fave would be the picot with the sl st. I like the ones with a sc instead of sl st much better! Still not the best stitch for me either way honestly!

for me it would be the crab stitch - I have to hold my hook different by the end I have horrible hand cramps.

The second would be the picot mine always look sloppy:think

I don't really hate any stitch, but the one that I dislike doing the most, is the treble crochet. If there are a lot of them in a pattern, I go bonkers. :loco

I don't like doing the bobble stitch. It seams to take me forever, because I have to count the YOs so much. I started a blanket with those and I ended up quiting and just throwing it out. I didn't frog it because I didn't like the yarn very much. LOL

I also don't like to make the blankets with only sc, dc, or trc. Those seem very tedious to me.

Hate, with a vengeance, bullion stitch!!! I can NEVER, EVER get the darn things right! I seem to end up with a huge mess with bullion stitch. I've practiced and practiced and practiced, but they just never turn out right!! If anyone has any hints, I'd be VERY happy to have them!!

Jenny.

I've never done a lot of stitches I hear others complain about, so I can't complain along with them (and I'm normally a very good complainer). One thing I will NOT do is put fringe on an afghan. Not ever in this lifetime will any afghan be made by me with fringe on it. If one ever turns up my family will know some UFO kidnapped me and added fringe done by little green men. I hate the look of fringe and can't understand why so many afghan patterns end up with fringe all over them. One time in the wash and that fringe will look horrible.

I was thinking... I really don't mind most stitches (other than popcorn), but what I really, really hate in a pattern is having to join a bunch (more than 5) motifs to make anything. If I see a pretty something and it's made all out of little pieces, forget it, I'm outa here!

Bulllion stitch, I agree can be difficult. The only "hint" I know is to not make the YOs too tight.

I forgot to add this one: I HATE, HATE, HATE the afghan stitch. (Did I say I HATE that stitch!) Its not exactly crocheting, its not exactly knitting. I do both - one or the other - but will never do tunisian crochet again in this lifetime!

The other thing I hate is sewing motifs/strips together. I would MUCH prefer to join them as I go, or else crochet them together afterwards!!

Archived