What are your LEAST favorite stitches?

Popcorn, bobble, what ever you want to call it. I hate having to YO and then draw through, then YO over again, and so on. I also hate granny squares. I will not make anything where I have to sew more than 4 or 5 pieces together.:no:hook

One thing I will NOT do is put fringe on an afghan. Not ever in this lifetime will any afghan be made by me with fringe on it. If one ever turns up my family will know some UFO kidnapped me and added fringe done by little green men. I hate the look of fringe and can't understand why so many afghan patterns end up with fringe all over them. One time in the wash and that fringe will look horrible.

I'm with you!

I cannot make multi colored granny squares - WAY WAY WAY too many ends to stitch in. I LOVE the look of a multi colored granny but I would NEVER have the patience to stitch in all those ends and then have to sew a zillion little squares together. If someone gave me one I would happily use and display it but could never make myself one. Makes me wonder If I made a mistake in doing up a bunch of yo-yos that I have yet to join... :think And this is coming from someone who did a scrap monster afghan (that weighed in at nearly ten pounds) all in sc :think

omg the picot's getting so much hate :( haha

i love picots!

i dont like the reverse sc, because i cant do it! ive had ppl sit with me and show me, and i couldnt get it. ive tried looking at pictures, that didnt help...

i dont think its the stitches that suck i think its my inability to work backwards :P

I cannot make multi colored granny squares - WAY WAY WAY too many ends to stitch in. I LOVE the look of a multi colored granny but I would NEVER have the patience to stitch in all those ends and then have to sew a zillion little squares together. If someone gave me one I would happily use and display it but could never make myself one. Makes me wonder If I made a mistake in doing up a bunch of yo-yos that I have yet to join... :think And this is coming from someone who did a scrap monster afghan (that weighed in at nearly ten pounds) all in sc :think

I never thought I'd hear that from anyone else, but I feel the same way :) I love the look of multicolored squares and the idea of using scraps to make yo yos and such, but I would never to it myself.

I hate making starting chains because I always get impatient and then my tension gets all wonky. Then I end up either frogging it or getting annoyed with the first row and being grumpy about the project because of it. I also don't like hdc, they just seem awkward to me for some reason.

I really don't like sc. Because it takes too long for a project to grow. There are times when it is the perfect stitch but if it is a large project all sc I won't do it.

I agree completely. Too many single crochets bore me to death.

I agree completely. Too many single crochets bore me to death.

Not only that, but anything with a lot of sc tends to be stiff and heavy. It is a good stitch for something sturdy like a rug or shopping bag but doing row after row of them just isn't fun.

My least favorite thing is that first row, doing any stitch into the initial chain. And... if I've miscounted and have to frog and do it all over again... I am totally crabby! And, speaking of crabby (i.e. crab stitch :) someone posted a great tutorial for doing what I call a 'fake crab stitch'. It's much easier to do and to my eye, the result looks the same. Here it is:

http://www.fullcontactknitting.com/blog/2006/02/20/crab-stitch-tutorial/

Joan

I hate working into the starting chain. Most of the time I use double-base chain or no-chain sc. You can subtract or add stitches without frogging.

I don't like doing a lot of small gauge work or sc'ing forever. It just takes wayyy to long.

I'm okay with sewing, but I usually eliminate seams when possible. My crocheted tops are worked in the round.

I gave up on Tunisian. How on earth do you get it to quit curling?! Liquid nitrogen? I'd rather untangle hairpin lace loops.

I HATE buillion stitch. I love how it looks sometimes like theres a granny square where it's used to make an adorable pumpkin, but I just cant do it without ripping my hair out. I bought that book by Prudence Mapstone "Buillions & Beyond" and it helped to figure them out but its still just not fun.

Archived