Winnie the Pooh

crochetsal

I had a friend who was going to become a grandma for the first time, and as a gift for the new baby (the room was to be Winnie the Pooh theme), I purchased the Winnie the Pooh doll leaflet. Instead of using yarn, though, I used thread. Forgot to measure to see just how tall he was before shipping him off, but he turned out 7-8" tall.

winniethepooh.jpg

He was a bit time consuming, and just a bit tricky with the leg/arm/ear and muzzle joinings, but I do love the way the joins turned out! Just not sure I'll crochet another one...

Sally

my aunt made me one. I adore Pooh. I had a man offer me $200 for my Pooh bear. Can you imagine?

That is adorable! I saw the Pooh leaflets a while back and I always wanted to make them. Do you have the other characters? Too cute...I love Pooh.

He was a bit time consuming, and just a bit tricky with the leg/arm/ear and muzzle joinings, but I do love the way the joins turned out! Just not sure I'll crochet another one...

Sally

I agree. I made him for my friends first grandchild and felt pretty much the same way! It is a tough pattern to follow for the shaping and seemed to take forever. In yarn he came out huge! He does look great when finished though! I also have to admit I never made any of the other characters in that book.

Awww! He is so adorable. You did a fantastic job on him. I know what you mean about those projects that turn out really nice but were a pain to make.

I am sure that he will be loved.:manyheart

This is adorable!!! I'm kinda scared to make one now!!! I have the pattern book for Pooh, Eyore, Piglet and Tigger...but just couldn't get the courage up to try...now I know why!!! LOL

Heather, don't be scared. I did like the way the arms were joined. The limbs were crocheted ahead of time, and then crocheted in place on each round, hard to explain, but they do look great that way, and the no sewing them on afterward is great.

I just tend to bore easily, and may eventually do another one. If I don't wind up listing the book on eBay first!

Sally

Hey there - he looks terrific!:clap I really like the expression on his face!:c9

Speaking as someone who has tackled the Pooh Patterns - I admit that I did start my Eeyore (theres a photo of him on my "introduction" thread) a year ago, gave up:eek and then came back to him last month but I rather liked the way that the pattern joined the arms and legs to the body.

I'm dyslexic (which makes pattern reading painful) so I chart out the pattern (coloured pencils and paper) and also use a lot of stitch markers so I know when to expect a decrease/increase; otherwise I'm completely:think .

Sorry to hijack your post - but please dont be afraid to try these guys!!!

Manda

Archived