How many of you knit as well as crochet?

boo1

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a new returner to both.... my mum taught me to do them asa kid but I wasn't interested - I managed half a jumper which she finished for me.... but now I have picked them both up again and am addicted!!!:clap

It goes by waives::)

It can be only a crochet for few months. And after that I do knitting only.

Now it is a MIX period for me: 2 Irish crochet garments, a knitted vest and a knitted man's hat.

I don't make any difference between knitting and crocheting. I am quite comfortable with both of them.

My mom taught me to knit when i was younger. At first i only knew how to do basic stitches. I taught myself, much later, how to knit some lace. Once i learned how to crochet, knitting went out the window! Crochet is much more enjoyable to me. Now i find knitting needles awkward compared to my hooks :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am a crocheter who, after 20 or so years of trying, finally knit. I am steadily getting more proficient. What finally made me stick to it long enough to get it? I became a handspinner and really, REALLY wanted some nice wool socks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I do both! Im still a newbie to knitting, but I want some knitted socks. I dont like crocheted socks. Its just not the same!

Here's a question though... do you do the continental style or the other (I forget what its called). I use the continental because you are holding the yarn in the same hand as crocheting. It just didnt work for me the other way!

My grandmother taught me to crochet, knit and tat lace when I was little. The crocheting was the easiest, so that's what stuck. Now I have gone back and re-learned to knit. I made a dishcloth (took 3 months!) but nothing since. When I get caught up on my crocheting, I would love to try socks. That seems to be the "in" thing right now.

So much yarn, so little time!!!!

I do both, knitting and crocheting. Knitting is for socks, sweaters, scarfs, wraps, etc... Crochet is mostly for accessories like bags, blanket, edging of a knitted piece, etc

I learned both techniques from my grandmother when I was a child (must have been about 6).

Marina

i knit and crochet, and also use knitting looms in addition to knitting needles as they work up quickly and i can put it down without getting lost..

I only crochet right now, but I really would like to knit as well.

I don't know anyone who knits, so I'll have to teach myself just like I tought myself to crochet, but knitting seems like it's going to be harder.

I've been knitting for the past 7-10 years and crocheting for approx. 15 years (since I was 5)

I absolutely love knitting (not as much as crochet though)!!

I just recently knitted my first pair of socks and have already started my second pair. I want to make some baby socks too!!

I knit, also and some things that I've made can be seen at either of this blog:

http://crochetbydayknitterbynight.blogspot.com/

However, I haven't knitted anything in a while. Have been focusing on crochet lately - mostly granny squares using #3 thread hoping to make a couple of placemats with them.

Almost have enough to assemble them to make 2 placemats.

Beverly

I always thought that I'd never want to learn how to knit, but I was interested in trying it, so I learned! I've only done washcloths, but I'm hoping to try other things. I definately like crochet better though.

Archived