How many of you knit as well as crochet?

boo1

dlfgoxy1, those slippers are wonderful. You should be proud. They turned out real nice.

I'm teaching myself to knit, but crochet is so easy for me I will never give it up. So I try to do both a little each week. I'm currently into granny squares so that keeps my interest up in crochet and I'm also going to start making some bookmarks and pins with some thread I purchased a couple of months ago.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been knitting for more than six years and consider my skills to be about the same as my crochet skills (only been crocheting on and off for 2 years). I'm hesitant to try really complicated knit items as I'm not good at correcting my mistakes. With crochet, on the other hand, I'm more apt to just dive right into something complicated as mistakes are so much easier to fix (given that you catch them in time). Crocheting has actually made me a better knitter. I used to throw my yarn when knitting and could not do it any other way, but since learning to crochet, I have gotten comfortable holding my yarn in a different manner and can now "pick" it which makes knitting a lot faster. I don't think I'll ever knit an afghan again now that I crochet (if any of you have knit an afghan, you know how painfully boring it can be) but I still like to do smaller items.

• 2 weeks later...

I've pretty much mastered crochet & took up knitting again for the challenge. I've always admired cables & couldn't believe how easy they were to learn. I've also made a few pairs of socks & love to learn new knitting stitches. Lace is extremely difficult to knit. I need to deeply concentrate & not lose my place. Crochet will always be my first love, but knitting has definitely been exciting!

Archived