Beaded and Ruffled Scarves

vhanna26

Here's a beaded scarf I finished hast night. The pattern is from the latest issue of Simply Creative Crochet and designed by Lily Chin.

I used two and a half skeins of LB Chenille and over 600 pony beads. It was very easy to make, and my first beaded project. If you are curious about using beads, this is a great starter project.

beaded.JPG

I also made a ruffled scarf. I used one skein of Woolease in Winter white.

ruffledscarf.JPG

Vera

Wow!! Great job on that beaded one, my mom's been wanting to try that pattern, I think I may have to get the beads and yarn for her and let her borrow my mag. Or I might just make it for her. Hmmm...I wonder if you could use a really big hook and laceweight yarn, a seed bead of some sort, if you could make more of a shawl using that pattern??? Anyone have an opinion???

yea, LB sent me a ctatlog, and right there was a pic of the simply creative crochet magazine......this was me....:faint ...and then....:c9 ...look at the coat on the cover, how cute is that???? i can't wait to get it.

Wow!! Great job on that beaded one, my mom's been wanting to try that pattern, I think I may have to get the beads and yarn for her and let her borrow my mag. Or I might just make it for her. Hmmm...I wonder if you could use a really big hook and laceweight yarn, a seed bead of some sort, if you could make more of a shawl using that pattern??? Anyone have an opinion???

I don't know how thick/thin is the laceweight yarn, Rebecca but if you can string pony beads or size 8, 6 into that then it's ok....Looks like the fringe is chained beads. My only suggestion is when you add beads into the chain, it should be snug. I hope this helps.....:hook

Thanks for all of the compliements on the scarves:) .

I've already have the yarn and beads to try another Lily Chin scarf. This one is called Retro, and it's from the book Scarf Style (which has mostly knitted, but several crocheted scarves, and Retro is one of the crocheted). I think it's very neat and classy.

I can't find a photo of it on the web just yet, but I'll post my pictures as soon as I'm done.

Vera

Archived