Ripple Along

firemanshunny

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't going to join any more "alongs" until I got a little further on my 63 squares, but I was going through my leftovers from other projects and decided a ripple would be the perfect way to use them all up. I'm using this pattern and I love the soft waves! :D

I'm gonna jump in and join this one. :) Mostly because I am already in the process of making a ripple afghan. Lol.

My SIL has been wanting this afghan that I made for my Mom a few years ago. She bought the yarn for the project and now my little hands have to get really busy.

I am making the Ripple Romance pattern like so many people here. This is going to be the fourth time that I have made the afghan. This version is all in one color using Homespun yarn and a size K hook.

The other times I made it I use a plain blue color (a brand of yarn they no longer make). The second time was one out of Homespun for my mother. The thrid time was using four different colors of regular Red Heart for my Grandfather. I need to see if I can get pictures of the last two afghans as I forgot to take pictures of them before. Naughty me!

i'm just now reading this, good to know you are getting it worked out. if the exchange doesn't happen, let us know, okay. i can't let you sit with nothing to do ;)

Thanks - now I'm the one playing catchup, lol! As it turned out, I hadn't bought the other skein from Michaels. It's all long and involved as to why I couldn't make the switch like I'd wanted to, and I just plain had no money to buy anything all last week so I just set it aside and worked on other things. It was just as well.

I'm happy to report, though, that I finally did manage to pick up that needed yarn last night and finished the ghan today - it took all of one minute to fill in the last few stitches, lol! I took some pics of it Thursday and posted them to my blog this morning. You can see how close I was to the end here.

And you can see my silly giftee enjoying his new afghan here. What a nut he is! But I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I have no doubt there will be other ripple ghans in my future, I really did enjoy making that! :hook

• 3 weeks later...

I've started a new ripple afghan - I'm using the Rustic Ripple pattern from LA's Afghans for all seasons book one... I have some RH yarn to use up. I chose Sage Mary, Medium Sage and Dark Plum. I think I'm about halfway or better done and I like it so far. As usual, my gage is off a bit so I hope I have enough yarn!I'm sure I'll post some photos once it's done!

Look Ma, I'm Rippling! I'm doing the afghan Zippy from Quick and Easy Q Hook Afghans, but not following the color scheme. I'm using up a variety of blues and varigated blues I have on hand, changing colors where one runs out. I need to have it done to mail out by next Friday at the latest for a friends birthday present.

It was started for Christmas then frogged, so that makes it a UFO too, right?

Kathy in NC

Are you still accepting new projects? I've got to do a baby blanket for a friend, and I've got a great pattern in my head...I thought a ripple would just set it off perfectly. This, at least, forces me to get it done!

I just started a ripple afghan last week. I am using TLC Amore' by Red Heart. The colors I have chosen are sand, thyme and red velvet. Sherry:knit

I love seeing the finished ones! I am hoping to get back to mine (it's over half done) by next week. I did get the rest of the yarn, so I'm ready to roll!!!

Hugs!:cheer

• 2 weeks later...

I'm joining! I'm new here, but I've been working on a ripple lapghan for awhile. I'll post pictures once I find my USB cord....

Anyway, my ripple is being made with LB Wool-ease in Fisherman, Camel, Chocolate, and Peacock, and the pattern is my own.

Thanks for all of the inspiration; it was lurking here and reading about this CAL that made me want to try my hand at a ripple in the first place, and they're really fun to do! Beautiful work, everyone!

• 4 weeks later...

Can I join?? I'm working on my first ripple afghan and its also my first afghan. I'm using Red Heart Super Saver Navy, Soft White, and the Navy Verigated (not sure what its called). The pattern I'm using is from a book I picked up for a dollar called "First Choice Ripple Afghans." I will take a WIP pic in the morning and post it :)

Can I join?? I'm working on my first ripple afghan and its also my first afghan.

Gavinsmom- Wow, your first afghan! :yay Best of luck. I've only made a couple of ripples, but they're a lot of fun!

Catherine- I really like the colors you chose. Good luck with your ripple!

Archived