Ripple Along

firemanshunny

Hi, your baby afghan looks really nice :clap I just finished a baby afghan, & was real happy with it. You are right, crocheting in the back loop only produces a very nice looking afghan!! What # hook did you use?? natcat in rosamond, ca.

Oh wow :eek , I haven't been on this thread in a while, but I used an H hook.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finished my ripple tonight! I LOVE the bright colors!! However, the blanket colors look totally different than the pic, but here's one anyway!

Thumperblanket.jpg

Kat

It's very, very pretty. I love the bright colors.

WOW! What a fantastic blanket. I just love those bright colors. I'm new to this website and I'm dying to learn how to make a ripple blanket of some kind. I have the hardest time reading a pattern, so if anyone out there has any suggestions or links to "the easiest possible pattern", I'd love to read them.

Well as I think i said before I was making a ghan to cover and hang over my Queen sized bed. I have got to row two. I may get faster at it but I am also working on afghan for charity so I want to get it done first. then I have two other afghans I will be working one between now and May they need to be done.

Melanie

:cheer

The last of my Christmas crochet is out the door Saturday night, so I had to get started on my ripple YAHOOOO! Of course, it's not the colors I wanted to start with, but I wanted to try the pattern on the inexpensive yarn I have. I'm doing a Vstitch ripple that I found in Vanna's Gifts book, and I'm even using similar colors. It will be brown, khaki, ivory, and green chenille.

I'm almost halfway done with that blanketyblank first row. I know I'm making mistakes because I can't see a bloomin' thing, but I think it will be the kind of mistakes you can't see in the end. Hard to explain. Anyhow, I'll do a bit more tonight and finish row one tomorrow. From there it should be easy, just vstitches.

Yay! My first CAL!!!!!!:yay

I got a ripple pattern book for Christmas which my hubby says the reason I got it was he wanted one just like the cover page lol. I plan on working on it as the new year starts (2006) I may be behind everyone but it is my first ripple ever and I am excited for the challenge.

Hi...Country_Bumpkin,,,

Could you post a picture of it so we can see what your going to be working on that your husband wants a ripple of it... would love to see whats in the works for you. are you using the same colors as in the book or are you going to choose other colors or does your husband have the colors picked out already?

My husband takes an intrests in my crochet works and stuff too. I love to hear him come up with this stitch and pattern of such and such and theres no such thing. lol....He loves to buy colors of yarns too he will pick up a skein and say make me a pot holder out of this etc...or he would say make something with this.

Hi!! I would like to know, how do we do a ripple along & be online here in our lovely Crochetville also?? or maybe I'm just thinking about what to do & where to be:eek tooooo much??????

I started the one from Bev's site last night, but for an adult, I kind of tweeked it some, added a few more chains to it, to make it a little wider, & i will be using a bigger hook:hook :laughroll .. I just finished 2 neck scarves, one for each of our daughter-in-laws, BOTH of their birthdays are in January:fluffy , I have to box & wrap them up, and ship them to where they live:clap , along with some goodies, I baked !!

I hope All of you have a great crochet day:c9

I love ripple afghans & ripple anything, actually! I think I'm in the middle of making 3 ripple afghans for the pet shelter. They aren't all that big... I was planning on trying to design a ripple bag soon, so I'm up for a ripple along.[/quote

Hi :coffee I would like to ask you, when you crochet a ripple bag, do you put a lining inside? and do you single crochet, or double crochet:think , that sounds great, I'd like to try to crochet one:cheer ... HAVE A FUN CROCHET DAY:hook

OK I was thinking that what would happen is that I can post a pattern for like a simple ripple afghan and who ever wants to learn to do a ripple or do something simple could do that with me. If you want to live on the crochet edge you can do whatever you want like Three olive who is going to make some awesome gloves (see her post above) :not I was thinking that I could make a page for picture posting or that we could start a yahoo group for discussing and help. I will have all the detaill after the first of the year so that everyone can get through new year's eve :yay

~~:) ~~

I would like to try the crochet along also :clap , you can count me in also:manyheart

Hi...Country_Bumpkin,,,

Could you post a picture of it so we can see what your going to be working on that your husband wants a ripple of it... would love to see whats in the works for you. are you using the same colors as in the book or are you going to choose other colors or does your husband have the colors picked out already?

My husband takes an intrests in my crochet works and stuff too. I love to hear him come up with this stitch and pattern of such and such and theres no such thing. lol....He loves to buy colors of yarns too he will pick up a skein and say make me a pot holder out of this etc...or he would say make something with this.

Hi Sunnywolfgar,

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you... holidays and all. My hubby purchased the Beginners Guide Ripple Afghans click on the link and the picture on the cover is the exact one he wants, same colors and all. He got me about 8 books total. He loves to watch me crochet before he falls asleep. He says the rhythmic flow is calming to him. I think it is great when our hubbies have input on our crafts!

Has anyone seen this? 200 Ripple Stitch Patterns or here is another one 101 Ripple Stitches How many ways can one ripple? lol

Hi Sunnywolfgar,

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you... holidays and all. My hubby purchased the Beginners Guide Ripple Afghans click on the link and the picture on the cover is the exact one he wants, same colors and all. He got me about 8 books total. He loves to watch me crochet before he falls asleep. He says the rhythmic flow is calming to him. I think it is great when our hubbies have input on our crafts!

Has anyone seen this? 200 Ripple Stitch Patterns or here is another one 101 Ripple Stitches How many ways can one ripple? lol

Country_Bumpkin,,

Your husband likes to buy you books. My husband does that some. I love filet books. My husband loves to buy me crochet hooks off of Ebay. For christmas he got me a Sharky crochet hook http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8238330596&ssPageName=ADME:B:EFS:1 made out of stuff you make kitchen stuff with. I love that hook cause it fits right in my hands. I have small hands. He also got me a wood purple graydog crochet hook. These other crochet hooks are so beautiful and very striking to the eyes I just love these http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8234399398&ssPageName=ADME:B:EFS:1 I can't wait to use them all. But I got to finish some piw ==projects in works projects first.

I love the blue ripple afghan your going to be making. Colors are striking together. gl on it...

Well would everyone like to do something for the winter or something geared towards the spring? Do we want to start small like maybe a scarf :w-brrr or go right for a blanket?

I like the idea of a scarf coz I've never made a rippled pattern before

Can I join in? :)

I just started a new ripple afghan yesterday. Here's the pattern I'm using - http://www.citiusa.com/ripple.html

I've made this one before, a few years ago:

th_rippleafghan001.jpg

I'm doing my new one in the colors of my daughters indoor field hockey club - jade, purple, black and white. (I need something for those chilly gyms and sports arenas. :lol ) Colors sound strange, I know, but I think it'll be nice. I'll do a thin strip of black seperating wider sections of the other colors. I've never worked with Caron Simply Soft before, so I wanted to try that after reading all the rave reviews about it on the "Yarn Talk" section of the boards.

I'm doing 4 rows of black, then 12 rows of the color. I'm almost finishing up my first colored section now. I'll try to get a picture of it up soon.

**Edited to add - how do I add the ripple along button to my signature? I don't have a blog - if that's what the button is for. I did save it to my photobucket album, but now what?:thinkThanks!

I know that this seems like this CAL just started but it is a year old. I started this in 2005 and it has been going this long which is awesome! So all you have to do is start a ripple afghan and write about your progress. If you need help just ask!! and If you can post a picture, but please follow the rules about posting pictures to the forum. Thanks. :hook

Add a couple of more Ripple designs!;)

rippleSweater.jpgopenfrontRipplePoncho.jpg

Thanks for the new patterns. If anyone has patterns that they would like to share of ripples (it doesnt have to be an afghan) Please link to them so we can check them out. who doesnt like finding new patterns. The first ones I posted are from a year ago so new ones are great to see.

Hi!! I would like to know, how do we do a ripple along & be online here in our lovely Crochetville also?? or maybe I'm just thinking about what to do & where to be:eek tooooo much??????

I started the one from Bev's site last night, but for an adult, I kind of tweeked it some, added a few more chains to it, to make it a little wider, & i will be using a bigger hook:hook :laughroll .. I just finished 2 neck scarves, one for each of our daughter-in-laws, BOTH of their birthdays are in January:fluffy , I have to box & wrap them up, and ship them to where they live:clap , along with some goodies, I baked !!

I hope All of you have a great crochet day:c9

LOL you don't crochet and chat on crochetville at the same time. Crochet alongs are for people to work on the same projects or similar ones at the same time. Than you can write on the thread about your progress or if you need help. Anyone can join at any time!! If we could all crochet and surf Crochetville at the same time there would be alot more finished objects to be seen!! :devil

Merlot !! HAPPY NEW YEAR :clap

your afghan is really nice!! did you change anything in the pattern?? or follow it as the directions tell you?? I hope I worded that right:think .. also, did you do a single crochet, or a double crochet??

Carol:hook :mdust

I'm baaaaack! I was in this ripplealong but moved from Calif to Oregon late August. I just found my ripple ghan and I'm ready to get moving on it again.

I'll have to get it out and take a pic of what I have done so far. I was originally making it to fit my queen sized bed with a hangover of about a foot. Well, when we moved here, we got a KING sized bed, so I'm going to have to do some adjusting on it....

Happy to be back!!:hook

I did some searching today to find an free online pattern for a round ripple afghan. The only one I could find did not have a picture, just a pattern but I thought it was worth a shot. I won't have time to try it out right away but wanted to share since everybody loves this type of ripple afghan so much.

Here is where I found the pattern:

http://pub46.bravenet.com/forum/3920812165/fetch/429739/

If anyone tries it - please post a picture and let us know how you liked this pattern. :hook

Archived