Ripple Along

firemanshunny

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jewels, it is lovely. I made one of these out of Baby Clouds yarn for my nephew, then...since my dog loved that one, I made her one just like it and it is what she sleeps on. :ducky

P4280042.jpg

I dont like changing colors,

I changed it some from the pattern, It is called popcorn ripple,

but I done cross stitichs in place of the ripple

Evelyn

BUEvelyn.gif

This color is lovely! You don't have to change colors on a ripple. That's what's nice about a pattern. You can chose what you want to do with it.

Hugs and great stitching!:hi

I think I've gone ripple cuckoo maybe? I finished up two more round ripples this morning on a "deserved", well, needed vacation day just relaxing at home. Figured if I could wake up after sleeping in and have a 3 hour morning coffee I could do it in my favourite way....crocheting!!

The first one turned out like a happy watermelon blankie, and just makes me smile looking at it.

5008313_a0ee6e2d73.jpg

They are both for shelter animals and my snuggle blankie work. I've now made over 235 blankies for a couple of Winnipeg shelters. Here's the other one too:

5008312_f1dca8c8dd.jpg

Wow you did both of those in one day?? Wow!!

I love the watermelon looking one! And that baby one on the other page is beautiful as well.

Evelyn - love the look of the solid color. I'll have to post a picture of the one I did for my friend's baby that is all off white since I did finish it - just never posted a pic!

Well - I'm kinda stretching the "ripple along" concept here, but this is all part of me figuring out how to make the round ripple NOT ruffle. I started one for my godson but I can't get it to lay flat to save my life, so I decided to play around and see if I could figure out what was going wrong. I still haven't quite figured it out, but I got a couple of kitty mats out of it. :rotfl

Here's Cinder's:

DSC02993b.jpg

And Daisy's:

DSC02996b.jpg

Pics of the kitties with their mats on my blog, lol. Don't want to overdo the pictures here. ;) I probably should have switched colors (it's kinda hard to tell they're ripples unless you look at the edges) but I think they look neat anyway. Cinder loves hers and Daisy - well, Daisy isn't sure yet.

LOL Mitzi! Cinder adores hers - she's only been off of it long enough to get a drink and a snack and is snoozing on it right now ... I just snuck in and caught Daisy sound asleep on hers too, so I guess they're both a hit!

They are pretty squishy - I used to strands of ww yarn and a P hook, so they should be pretty cushy!

Hi, I'm Gina and I want to join this Ripple Along too! (Can one join too many? ;) I've only joined the ones with projects I'm actually already working on.)

I have a problem though....I have ripple-itis! :( I discovered that I love making round ripples but I ran into a snag that I can't seem to fix. I've tried and tried. :bang I've been working on this since November 2004 and I'm getting anxious to finish it. I don't know how to get help on this one...I don't know anyone IRL who crochets that lives nearby. *sigh*

I'm making my ripple out Bernat's Cottontot. I found the pattern in a book I bought form Wal-Mart called New Crochet Basics. Here is a pic of my round ripple...

2005_02_22_ajasrippleinc.jpg

BTW....

Faith....thanks for the idea to make a small round ripple for my furbaby! I have a P hook and I'm sure I can spare some yarn from my stash to make a small mat. The ones you made do look nice and squishy and comfy too!

Rebecca...I lost a stich somewhere. Each time I go up the side of the "v" I'm supposed to have 20 sts but I have 19. :? So I frogged the whole round and checked the round below it. It has the right amount of sts so I re-did that next round that I had frogged and I was still coming up short sts. :th I was contemplating just adding an extra dc in to get my sts count back so I can go on to the next round. That is the only other thing I can think of to do. I'd like to get this blankie done before my son is too big for it!

oooops, i forgot to take a picture of my ripple!!!!!! :bang

I sent it off to charity I was so excited about it. Now it's gone, gone gone, all i have is the WIP picture :( so sadd, sorry I can't share it with y'all.

I am working on another ripple though in a lt. coral. I think I caught the ripple bug.

I've been MIA because of a low back problem, so I've been getting LOTS stitched on my queen sized ripple. I now have 46" long and it is 62" wide. I am going to make it 88 inches long and then put about a 6-12 inche ruffle around the long sides and one short end. I will use it on my bed and I don't want the ruffle to be in our faces when we pull it up on top of the covers. Make sense?

Anywhooo....I'll get a pic and post as soon as I can get back on the puter. Not supposed to be here now, but couldn't stand it anymore! 4 days without put me into withdrawals!!:oops

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you're on the mend by now, NanC. I know how hard it can be to stay away from :computer

While I'm at it, I think I just might be ready to join in here. I'd started on a ripple ghan for my dbf over a month ago, but after frogging it twice, I was still not getting it right - but then again, that applied to everything I was trying to do for the last month. I think I may have finally broken whatever jinx that's been operating, so I'm ready to pull it out and give it another go, prodded along by his specifically requesting it now (it was going to be a surprise). I'll still be working on my other wips, but will be putting more time toward this project for sure now.

Here's a couple of shots of it where I left off, though this too will have to be frogged and redone. For over a month, it was like I totally forgot how to count, couldn't get anything straight! :bang

img.photobucket.com/album...68d365.jpg

img.photobucket.com/album...66e5e2.jpg

I'm also hoping to do a baby ripple for a dear friend's toddler boy, to go along with a sweater I plan to make as well. Material has been standing by, waiting patiently for my attention. :hee But, first things first...

Ripple away! :lol

Archived