Ripple Along

firemanshunny

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been forbidden to work on my ripple ghan until after the Super Bowl. I am making it in dark sage, light sage and white. So far I only have a dark sage stripe and a white stripe done. I guess the colors look too close to the Philadelphia Eagles colors and my boyfriend can't stand it. He says it's bad luck for the Pats if I do that. So I have put it in a bag and tucked it away. Poor thing can't even look at the colors!!!! LOL.

GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!

Oh your colors you chose for your un-pats ripple blanket sound so pretty. Will look forward to seeing a pic of what the colors look like together (after Feb 6 LOL)

hi guys,

I finished my round baby ripple afghan but before I could take a pic I had to give it away as my hubby was going to visit them :( . So all I have now is the picture of a partly finished round ripple :) I plan on making another one and will post that as the ripple along project:)

hugs

Vims

I was just checking out the new set up for Crochetville and thought I would look into some areas I never visit. I happen to be making my first ripple blanket. I'm making the Homespun ripple using the colors listed in the pattern (antique, prairie and mediterranean). I really like it, but I lost count so I think some ripples are taller than others. I think you would have to study it to notice though.:read I planned on giving it away. Do you think it's ok?

Colleen:w-brrr

Is it to late to join the ripple along? I sure hope not! I'm almost finished with a purple and lime green round ghan. I've been to two WM and both are out of lime green! Next town is two hours away, so will have to finish it with purple!

:knit

Lori

I also would love to join in if it's not too late. I am about 1/2 done with my ripple afghan I am making for my bed. I'll get a digi :camera tomorrow and share as I'm going to work on it for a couple more hours tonight.

Crocheting006.jpg

I frogged the ripple blanket i was making with dk sage, lt sage and white. It just wasn't exciting me and the fact that it wasn't wide enough made me frustrated. So it's back in balls and I'll have to find another pattern to make with that yarn.

I did start another ripple lapghan though. This is for the February CAT at Crochet List (I posted about this in the "Crochet for Charity" forum). It's going to be a rainbow ripple ghan and I've already got up to yellow! So far it's beautiful!!!

Here's another ripple blanket I'm making,...it's almost finished now and is big enough to keep me warm while I'm working on it. This one will be my dog's very own ripple blankie. He doesn't seem to mind that I've put a rose color in it. I made it in RHSS in light sage, aran, a heather gray/green and the rose color which was something I was given for my wool "fix" at Xmas. I'm liking it,....and I must say I love working this ripple. I'm going to make one of those round ripples for a baby gift next up.

4352425_887e98c1f5_m.jpg

I'll put up a larger pic when I get it all finished. Oh, I did 6 rows of rose, 4 sage, 2 gray, 4 aran....kinda works.

Micountess said: Beautiful color combo - Great job

Michelle :wink

dennymare said: The ripple turned out great, I've done ripple afgans but I end up stopping and it ends up being more a lapghan. :sun

rascal said: looks cozy - Lucky Dog! Dar

EmpressBusyBee said: Very nice.

I've never done a ripple.

NancyCalif said: That looks great! He's gonna love it!

Got to stitch for a couple of hours on my ripple ghan while watching tv tonight. I'm hoping to get more done this weekend for sure!

Anyone else get to work on theirs at all this week?

I'm halfway done with mine..It's a lapghan so it makes it easy. I am doing a rainbow like color scheme.

red, white, orange, white, yellow, white, green, white, blue, white, purple, white, blue, white, green, white, yellow, white, orange, white, red.

So far I'm up to the first blue. It has four rows of the color and two rows of white. Worked up very quickly too!!

I finished my ripple baby blanket on the weekend, and very happy with it.

4749241_e2f7b7e7f5.jpg

So enjoyed working with this pattern I started another one for a shelter animal gift. This one is for a gift for a human baby though, LOL, though it's not being born til April so I may end up making a few more, I just used various soft baby yarn in pink, mint green and white.

Archived