Ripple Along

firemanshunny

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok Here's the deal I had to frog the whole Friggin thing. The ripple is easy except at the ends I did something wrong I thought it would be ok but as the ghan grew it got worse and looked bad and I hate that. I am going to use the same colors but I have to start over and I am wondering maybe I should look for another ripple pattern. Very disappointed I hate this. But I will prevail!:bang :o

I want to join! I am almost done with my son's camouflage ripple afghan and I have the yarn to make a baby blanket, which I want to do in ripples as well.

A picture of my son's blanket in progress is posted on my website.

rebecca - you are right - i'm not a blue person:ducky

i actually thought of adding it, too.... but the thing is, i got these skeins on a clearance at walmart for 50cents each. i have 4 green, 3 of the dark red and 3 of the multi...

i'm sure i will gift this. how many skeins do you think it will take to make a good sized napping throw for a couch? :thinking2

it is RH grande

Rebecca, maybe you could just get a skein of blue and use it as an accent row throughout? Maybe sc or sl rather then dc (if you do it in dc, I don't know what you were planning) just to make the colors pop? I don't know. You wouldn't need very much, but I think it would add a lot. I adore blues, though, lol.

I love those colors ... it looks like it would be a very comfy cozy combination! Very bright and warm.

I started my ripple ghan. I am using a pattern out of the "Blue Ribbon Afghans" book, the one from Idaho - zig zag ripple or something like that. Anyways, I'm making it for our bedroom, in the colors dk sage, lt sage, and white. The pattern is pretty nice, it takes a long time since is all sc, but it's not bad. My only problem is that it is too narrow across, it only came out to be 30" across :( I'm racking my brain trying to figure out how to make it wider after I'm finished. I could do vertical stripes on the sides in the same colors as the ghan. What do y'all think of that idea? I'm so bummed! I know I tend to crochet tightly but figured using a J hook would be a good size. I guess not. Any suggestions would be helpful!!! I'll post pics soon.

How do you join the ripple along

I have started one

Ive already done 2 in 2003

its a free pattern I got from the internet some where called

popcorn ripple its all one color and done in dc which I like

a very easy pattern. But I changed it and done cross stitch instead of popcorn.

It is 47 by 70

It is craft yarn council of america make it quick projects

crochet project of the month

I have 5 rows done

I dont have a blog and I havent figured out how to do pictures yet

Evelyn

Ok, forget what I said about the ripple socks for now, (we're not getting along:mad ). I'm making the ripple mittens cause I found myself without any matching gloves or mittens!! So in keeping with my recent pink theme, I'm alternating rows of natural heather(wool-ease)doubled, with simply soft raspberry wine & 2 strands of Jai Alai in Bloom. They are coming out gorgeous!!!!!

~Rebecca :cloud9

Well I finished the first mitten last night. Had to change some of the rounds, they increased too soon on the wrist and it didn't feel snug enough. I also ended up making it a little shorter than the pattern. I LOVE MY MITTEN!! Since when crocheting with the furry eyelash yarns 2/3 of the eyelash will end up on the side facing away from you, these ended up almost like fur-lined mitts!!! I've got to get more film this weekend so I can take pics. I'll start on the other mitten tonite!!

Okay here's the pic of the finished one, the other one will get done this week.

d2441b93.jpg

~Rebecca

edited to add pic

Please add me to the Ripple Along :idea

I've never done the ripple thing before so will be starting it by the weekend...will update which one and colors, but so far I'm thinking a furbaby blanket with the easy ripple stitch pattern

Still have to figure out the colors.hmmmmmm

I'm excited to do this little challenge!! Thanks

Well I am almost finished with my ripple shawl/shrug. I wish i couls post a pic but I didn't make it out of the house in LA to here with my new camera wish I had but it wasn't first on my list and I lost so much and needed clothes more so anyway it is done in shades of rust and peache a off white. It is my pattern and I will try and write it and maybe one of ya'll can make it and post a pic. sutty

I finished my smaller "happy dog" size ripple blankie which will be either for Jersey, my friend's new doggy or a shelter pup. It might be too small for Jersey. I started yesterday morning and finished last night. It's all in double crochet which is so pleasant to work with. I did 4 rows of 2 different colors, both Red Heart SS - yellow and the other color is called "Polo". ripple-blankie.jpg I'm really happy with the way it looks. I'm starting my second one now that I know I can do the ripple pattern; this one will be in sage green, gray, and a dusty rose which are some of the colors that compliment my living room. This one will be for Curly, my dog, so he'll maybe stop stealing my blanket? haha

Oh, and I used the easy ripple pattern which was great to work with.

Here's a closeup

3993420_3bfe4cc599_m.jpg

Archived