Ripple Along

firemanshunny

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

th_ripple2.jpg

Here is my first completed Ripple EVER! I want to do another one - I'm lovin' the stars some others have made here....

Oh, I feel bitten by the Ripple Bug....

Mitzi

Great looking ripple Mitzi! Aren't ripples fun? They are so easy to stitch and turn out great afghans!

I am still waiting for the remainder of my yarn to get here to finish up mine. So, my ripple is half done. Yarn should be here in the next few days as I ordered it online the end of last week from Herrschners...:clap

Thanks Faith! Staying true to my nickname, I spent hours playing around with various possible color combinations before finally settling on this one, trying to get it just right, you know? The only one that was a given was the ranch, I just adore that rich, coppery brown! I'm going to review the rows I did this weekend so I can see where I screwed it up, frog it back to that point (hoping I don't have to go all the way back to the foundation chain, that's a pain) and see how far I can go from there. Once I get it on track and rolling, progress should be good, I hope! :fc

rocking.gif" Thank you!

yes, that was me doing the Mountain Trails pattern - the purple stripe part has all those little pebble stitches that my hubby said looked like dingleberries. Now, where did he get such an idea? rotfl.gif

Thanks to everyone for the great comments!! :hug

gardener.gif

Mitzi

I got the rest of my yarn for my rippleghan yesterday!! Woohooo! So, I stitched on it last night while watching Survivor. Felt good to be stitching on it again. I truly love this afghan and will be almost sad when I'm finished with it.

Does anyone else get that way when stitching on something they truly love doing??:blush

Well, took me awhile, but I finally got an update posted to my blog on my ripple project (among other things), along with pics. Since the latest pic I posted, which was taken yesterday evening, I've managed to add seven more rows to it - I'm really on a roll with this now! :hook

goldi

My blog

I finished my ripple afghan a while back. The lady I made it for was delighted with it, so that made me feel good.

ripple.JPG

It took longer than I thought because I kept putting it down for other projects, but it was fun to make.

Vera

These are just lovely!!! Ripples are one of my fave! I haven't had a chance to work on mine. I'm working on a bday ghan that takes precedence right now. It's SOOO hard not to work on it too. It's half done!!! (my rippleghan that is)

I had been hoping to have my ripple ghan done this weekend so I could gift it today. Spoke with said giftee, Phil, who has been having a hard time the past couple of days, so it seemed like timing was gonna be perfect, except...

I had noted I was starting to run low on one of my colors, and so I decided to do only 10 color repeats instead of the 11 the pattern calls for since I just don't have the money right now to run out and buy one more skein for a few more rows of the project. It's strange, really - I have plenty of the other two left over, so this tells me that we don't always get a full "185 yards" in these homespun skeins.

It looked like I was gonna make it, until I got down to the last half of the last row... :eek:bang:yell:thair

All I needed was a few more yards! And now this project is gonna have to sit for a week until I get paid, just to buy a whole skein for "a few more yards". :angry

Well, if that's the case, I might as well put the 11th repeat in, since I will then have more than I need to complete it, next weekend. And I'd already hinted to him I was bringing him a surprise. <SIGH>

I don't have any of those colors in my stash, but maybe someone else does and could send you some!

That's really sweet of you to even think of it Mitzi! I had a friend who was willing to call into my local store to put the charge on her credit card yesterday so I could get the yarn and complete the project - and she lives in Washington state! It's so nice to know there are such generous souls out there!

But, I remembered that I have a "reject" ball of homespun in one of the other colors that I had been planning on returning to the store. I'm taking it back today after work to exchange it for the color I need, so hopefully I will be able to get this project done in a few days after all. I figured since I'll now have enough yarn to complete the pattern as written, I might as well put the last nine rows on it too. So it just may end up working out for the best! It sure was disappointing yesterday, though.

I can hardly wait to post a pic of my completed ghan, it really turned out great! :hook

Archived