Circle of Friends

JulieKay

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can ya post an updated list on post #1 so I know how many dishcloths I have to make. I'm getting forgetful & tired in my old age. :grandma

Ditto. I think we're at 16, right? :think

Hmm.... by the end of June might be tight for me, but it'd end up schedule-wise to making an average of one dishcloth per day; besides, sleep is overrated!! :lol. Not to worry Captain, I can do it if everyone else is game!

~kelle

I thought 17 after knicknac, hmmmmm.............:think :think :think

*DOH*

Hmmm....was 16 before or after Knic? :think Think I'll make 20 that way I'm covered :lol Plus I always need some on hand :yes

I think if I'm correct it's 17 but each person only has to make 16 since you don't make one for yourself. Is that right? :)

anyway everything sounds great to me! :)

I am not being a killjoy or anything but this is going to cost a couple of pennies to mail around.

I sent one slightly used large skein of WW cotton and it cost me over $6.00.

This is going to be a very heavy box when full.:eek

with 18 people making 17 dishcloths it will be 306 dishcloths in the parcel when it starts out

(I'm not quite sure of that participant number but you see where it is going)

You are so right Darski its going to cost a fortune, but I really dont mind otherwise I wouldnt have gone into it.

Julie I was just wondering and thought I would ask before hand, when the album comes to me is it ok with everyone if I scan the pages so I can keep a copy of the album for myself.

You guys crack me up !!!!

First of all. Tab, if you're getting old , then I'd better go pre-pay for my final journey . Aint going far, just up the hill a couple blocks . I told Sam just to load me in a wheelbarrow and dump me at the edge of the graveyard. They'll scoop me up and dispose of me I guess. :lol

Wendy- FUNNY !!! I'm glad Cara pointed out the list you have or I wouldnt have noticed it .

Yea, Darski, the box will cost a little bit to mail . Dependss too on how far your leg of the journey will be . If any of you think it'll be too much ,let me know and you can drop out . I don't have the final list made out yet. Waiting on those last few addresses to make out the route the box will go .

I've already thought of Darski and Wendy- those will be the 2 farthest places it will be sent. I don't mind sending to one of you guys ,so it's no worries to me to send it to anybody .

I'm not real familiar with the postal rates to Canada . One of our people lives really close to you according tothe maps I looked up just now, so the distance should be really close for the 2 of you .

I'll mail to Australia if that is ok with everyone else, that will be the most expensive trip, as long as Wendy doesn't mind the return trip back over here .

Wendy- it's totally fine with me if you want to photocopy the book pages.

:)

Yea, Darski, the box will cost a little bit to mail . Dependss too on how far your leg of the journey will be . If any of you think it'll be too much ,let me know and you can drop out . I don't have the final list made out yet. Waiting on those last few addresses to make out the route the box will go .

I've already thought of Darski and Wendy- those will be the 2 farthest places it will be sent. I don't mind sending to one of you guys ,so it's no worries to me to send it to anybody .

I'm not real familiar with the postal rates to Canada . One of our people lives really close to you according tothe maps I looked up just now, so the distance should be really close for the 2 of you .

I'll mail to Australia if that is ok with everyone else, that will be the most expensive trip, as long as Wendy doesn't mind the return trip back over here .

Wendy- it's totally fine with me if you want to photocopy the book pages.

:)

our system doesn't work like yours. it costs the same to send a parcel across town as it does to send it to BC (think from Buffalo to California)... Oh wait. if I am the only Canuck then it will really cost a bit. it costs $o.89 to send a letter to the US

I am guessing that it will cost at least $50.oo given the weight of paper and cotton.

OK, what I would like to do is to send my stuff but not be part of getting the box. if that doesn't work, then let me know.

Darski you could always be last on the list that way everyone has got there dishcloths except you. So when you finally send the album back to Julie there wont be any dishcloths left in the parcel.

I dont mind sending to Canada, I cant imagine it being anymore than to the US.

Darski and Julie what do you think.

Hey guys

I'm willing to work with anyone and whichever way works best for you .

Darski -- will you be able to mail your package to me without any trouble ?

Then once I get all the parcels and get them ready, I can just send your dishcloths to you separately ,or wait til the album goes its route then send that plus your packet of dishcloths to you .

(Then all you'd have to send back would be the album, which probably won't weigh a lot .

Whatever will work best, Im willing . Let me know !

Julie and Darski, I never thought about the size this parcel was going to be! I don't think ahead like most people:P It gave me pause for a second, but I want to stay with you guys!!

Julie, I really appreciate you taking the overseas part of the relay...

...and could you make the deadline a bit longer than the end of June?:think I could probably do it by then, but I would have to really push it...

Ok, here is the thing, maybe we DO need to think it thru how we go about sending the dishcloths. The photo album is not a problem, it's going to be the dishcloths that are the problem.

Let's say for the sake of argument that there are 16 of us, and we each make 16 dishcloths. That is 256 dishcloths. I don't know about you, but when I make a dishcloth, I use the entire S&C ball and that weighs 2.5 ounces, so let's say 3 ounces. So 256 dishcloths times 3 oz = 768 ounces divided by 16 = 48 pounds.

So we have 256 dishcloths, lets say - that is approximately 48 pounds (256 x 3 oz = 768 / 16 = 48)

To America a 48 pound box would run $71.25

To Australia a 48 pound box would run $192.80

To Canada a 48 pound box would run $80.60

What if instead, each one of us made 16 dishcloths and were responsible for sending one to each other.

If we send one dishcloth to anywhere in America FROM America it runs $1.14 ($1.14 x 14 = $15.96)

If we send one dishcloth to Australia FROM America it runs $2.70 ($2.70)

If we send one dishcloth to Canada FROM America it runs $1.31 ($1.31)

Total outlay per person WITHOUT the photo album would be $19.97

That to me is more doable.

THIS IS JUST A SUGGESTION!

Ok, someone probably needs to check my figures to see if I am right with what I am saying.

We could still do everything else like Julie says, send the photos and stuff to her, she make the album and she can start the process of sending it on it's way. But just the dishcloths would be different.

Or, we could try bookmarks! :rofl

OK, as far as rates to Canada - there is no Parcel Post to Canada, so it will cost the same, no matter the rate. *IF* you want to keep Darski at the end, then she will only have to mail back the photo album - that makes a LOT of sense! It won't matter if the member is here (me, Buffalo - nice and close) near Canada or in Texas, the same rate will apply when sending TO Darski as well. Darski - is it cheaper to mail from canada to canada, or from US to Canada? I only ask, because I could possibly mail this to you when I go into Canada this summer. ???

Darski, is it any cheaper for you to sent to Australia or the US? I know it SHOULD be the US, but you never know! Same with Wendy - cheaper to canada or US?

Parcel Post is the ONLY shipping method in the US where distance matters. So, the members who are closest to each other will be sending Parcel Post. First class at that weight will be quite pricey.

I will do a dishcloth a day and should be done by the end of June, but then have to mail them out.

I LOVE Wendy's WIP list! LOL!

Okey doke

Let's say July 15th ? Would that suit everyone ? That way, it'd be a couple more weeks to get them to me. I'll plan on mailing the box out the 15th .

I was trying to think of a lower cost way of doing this, but I think if you mailed each dishcloth separately, it'd probably cost even more, if you are mailing to so many people .

Then that'd defeat the purpose of the album, which I think will be the funnest part .

Not to toot my own horn, but I'll be paying to send out the fullest box and also to mail all the photos back to each of you when the box has run its route .

I'm open for other ideas if anyone has any .

** By the way, I'll get a post up today with the list of names and states/countries so you all see where this will be going .

Wendy-- I just looked at CPC for my patterns. There are lots of them to choose from and they really do make up quickly once you get the hang of the cotton .

Doggone, some of you are as sharp as tacks for this early in the morning. It takes my old brain til about 10 just to get revved up for the day .

Like I said before. I'm open to any ideas -- it doesn't matter to me what way we work it .

I didn't think postage would be that bad for the box. I just mailed a box to my parents from Ohio to Florida and it costed 17 bucks. It weighed --- dang -- let me go hunt up the receipt .......................10 pounds 7 oz .

It had a dvd player in it ,among a lot of pictures, cd's etc. I can't imagine this box weighing more than that .

Then I mailed out one 12 inch square yesterday that costed 1.64 ..... so it seems to me that the box as a whole would be less money.

I'm open for any ideas though . Doesn't matter to me .

If you guys wanna just do a plain old exchange and mail separately to each other, we can do that too .

How about if I set up a POLL ?

Wanna do majority rules ?

Archived