Circle of Friends

JulieKay

Hi Wendy, Yep cotton is the way to go and it should be 100% cotton for various reasons.

I have made my first dishcloth already and I think I should mention that I like smaller dishcloths. This one is 7 inches and it seems just right for me and also for this CAL

http://members.aol.com/lffunt/circlefriends.htm

Now, my own needs, wants and desires aside... it might help us if we get clear up front what constitutes a "dishcloth" to various members here. Should I be looking for other patterns that will be larger.

Like I said, small works for me but what about others? :yes:no:eek:think

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darski I like that pattern and the name does suit this cal doesnt it.

I have never used crocheted dishcloths before, it would be hard to use them to wash dirty dishes after you have put all that effort into making them.

Darski I like that pattern and the name does suit this cal doesnt it.

I have never used crocheted dishcloths before, it would be hard to use them to wash dirty dishes after you have put all that effort into making them.

You'd think so. That first one is hard to use but once you use 'em you'll never go back :yes I love 'em :yes

Tab- forgot to say ... I'll be at our beach house in Malibu for the summer.

Sorry if I miss PeeWee bringing me a package the size of a refrigerator box with AIR HOLES in it .

Maybe better put a return address on it just in case . :D

You can run but you can't hide. :devil

Wendy~I've done a dishcloth swap before & I agree they are too perdy to use. Not to mention sentimental because they're from my friends. :manyheart I just hung mine up or the bigger ones I used as doilies for under my cookie jar and on top of the microwave. :D

Plus, I use my trusty ole sponge with a scrubby side. Couldn't switch :no , just too set in my ways. :yes

This is still gonna be a ton of fun!! :yay

You can run but you can't hide. :devil

Just finished watching a movie that made me think of this line of converstaion.

Villan: I'm not afraid of you.

Heroine: Well, we'll just have to do something about that, won't we?

:heehee

Darski The circle of friends square what size hook do you use. It says to use size H but thats for worsted weight yarn.

i used a 4mm hook but I would have liked my 4.5 better. The square is very nice at this size and it would be good for scrubbing with all the nubbies on it.

It is supposed to be an 8 in square and Bernat Handicrafter is a WW 100% cotton yarn

Yeah, we'll actually have to entertain ourselves :cry

I had an awful dream at naptime today. I dreamed that the 'Ville shut down....permanently! :faint Talk about your nightmares!! :scared

Darski thanks for the info. I will try a 4mm hook and see how I go.

Yes its not nice when you cant get on here. You will all be having withdrawals. I cant imagine what I used to do on the net without the ville.

Welcome to Wendy, Barb and Heather !

We have 12 now, gang ...... so what to do ?

Is that too many for anyone ? We can always divide up into 2 small groups but I was kinda aiming for 10-12 ....

I'll see how this goes overnight and maybe tomorrow. If we get any more ,we may divide the groups in half .

So far, this is who I have ,not including me -

Tab

Cara

Darski

Charlene

Granny

Kathy

Kelle

Lea

Wendy

Barb

Heather

Holler if I missed your name ~~~

Hi Julie, I would be so delighted if I you consider me to be qualified to join this illustrious group.

I would absolutely be one to keep the ball moving and I can crochet dishcloths.

:manyheart:ghug

down time on Monday

noooooooo

arrrrgggghhhh

:scared

Calm down now, Darski...we can always IM :compute, right? Or talk on the :phone. Plus, we can go :shop or we can relax with a good :book. We might even be able to :hook with some :yarn. Or maybe better than all that we could use our :slingshot's against the administration and :knit! There! That'll teach 'em!

And there is always the Knitter's Review Forum...we could go crash 'em!...as in "crash a party", not crash their site.

....(In the past I think members have taken me seriously when I've teased like this but PLEASE don't any one take me seriously on this...I'm just teasing!)

Hi Wendy, Yep cotton is the way to go and it should be 100% cotton for various reasons.

I have made my first dishcloth already and I think I should mention that I like smaller dishcloths. This one is 7 inches and it seems just right for me and also for this CAL

http://members.aol.com/lffunt/circlefriends.htm

Now, my own needs, wants and desires aside... it might help us if we get clear up front what constitutes a "dishcloth" to various members here. Should I be looking for other patterns that will be larger.

Like I said, small works for me but what about others? :yes:no:eek:think

Oh, Darski, that's my favorite square! I don't see why it wouldn't make a wonderful dishcloth. But do we all want to make the same pattern. It would seem to me that variety is what would make this so much fun.

Here I am talking and I'm not even in this yet. You guys already have 12 I believe. Oh, I hope I can play, too!

:manyheart:ghug

You'd think so. That first one is hard to use but once you use 'em you'll never go back :yes I love 'em :yes

Ditto!!

Julie have you closed the CAL yet? I'm dependable:) and will not stop the chain...

...so much fun goes on here AFTER I shut down the 'puter for the night!!!!

PS....if I do get in this and you split the group, Kathy (losingmymind2) and I practically live in the same town!

Archived