Circle of Friends

JulieKay

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The July 15th deadline sound totally doable.

As far as how to mail everything to everyone. I don't have a problem with a bit of a splurge on postage, the main disadvantage I see with sending everything in one package from person to person is that whoever's at the end of the list will be waiting forever to get it, but I guess it will take that long to send the album around anyway and that's really the cool part - so that's OK. (That thought really did make sense, I'm pretty sure - but not sure if I wrote it out clearly)

I guess the bottom line is that I'm fine with the original plan, but if it doesn't work for everyone, I'm also flexible.

I know I did a dishcloth exchange here in this group ,maybe a year and a half ago ? I don't know, but we did it the same way, we mailed all the dishcloths to one girl and she doled them out and mailed our exchange ones back to us. We each included a money order for her to pay to send them back to us.

I can't remember who did that one. It was quite awhile ago . :think

Julie are we to make up the scrapbook page ourselves and you put them in an album. Or do we just send photos.

I think it would be a great idea if you said say a4 size and how many pages per person and we made our pages ourselves. What do you think.

As expensive as it probably would be I think it should be all together.

That is an extremely alot of money for one person to bear. Am I right in assuming that each one of us gets 16 dishcloths?

Am I right with my calculations?

How about this? This is another suggestion - How about everything stays the same about the photo album but we just send our 16 dishcloths we make to the next person with the photo album. That way we are not making the USPS rich with double sending?

Just a thought?

I know I did a dishcloth exchange here in this group ,maybe a year and a half ago ? I don't know, but we did it the same way, we mailed all the dishcloths to one girl and she doled them out and mailed our exchange ones back to us. We each included a money order for her to pay to send them back to us.

I can't remember who did that one. It was quite awhile ago . :think

We did that in the other group & the money order was for $3.00 I think.:think I also think we made 11 -12 discloths & I was able to send those in a priority envelope for $4 and something. :D

Ok I found a pattern that I like and Im half way through... yippeee

Does anyone have this problem. the cotton spool wont turn round or it goes all over the place or you have to constantly turn it round so you can get the yarn. I got my fabric stiffener bottle and have the cotton spool sitting on top of it. Its now going round and round on top of the bottle and I dont have a problem anymore. Ok just a bit of trivia for you while we work this all out.

I've got a better idea .

Now mind you, this is ONLY a joke, so nobody get offended. I shouldnt have used GOOFY for my avatar today. I should have used The Terminator .

( not exactly in a GOOFY MOOD )

Nothing to do with you all .

Why don't we just go to Dollar Store and buy us some dishcloths ? :D

Alright, I just figured it out....

If there are 17 of us, and we each make 17 washcloths, that's 289 cloths. At 2 oz apiece, that's 36 POUNDS of dishcloths (:eek) Add another 4 pounds for pics and papers, that's 40 pounds. If I were to send it from me (14080) to Julie (Ohio, not TOO far) that would cost me $20 whether I sent it Priority or Parcel Post.

If one of us sent it to Wendy, towards the tail end, then I figure somewhere around 8 pounds. EVEN if it fits in a priority flat rate box, that's $38 US!!!

If we got it to the VERY end at 6 pounds for Darski, then it would cost at least $22 mailed from the US. If Darski could let me know what the cost would be from mailing FROM North Bay, Ont to her at that rate, it might be better?

(jeez, I could probably DRIVE to her house cheaper! LOL!)

Wendy

Do you guys buy pop over there in 2 liter bottles ? The plastic kind with the black bottom thing on them ?

If so, you can cut off the bottom, put your yarn in there, then tape the bottom back on. You run the end of the yarn through the top hole then the yarn stays in there, and runs out the hole .

Wendy

Do you guys buy pop over there in 2 liter bottles ? The plastic kind with the black bottom thing on them ?

If so, you can cut off the bottom, put your yarn in there, then tape the bottom back on. You run the end of the yarn through the top hole then the yarn stays in there, and runs out the hole .

Thats a great idea Julie. I like how you call it pop.

How about we make just the one dishcloth. The album goes to the first person with a dishcloth for that person. They in turn send the alburm to the next person with a dishcloth for them. It means the album will only be going round the country side with just one dishcloth. It will also mean we only get one dishcloth from the person who sent us the album.

I don't mind sending the album with that many dishcloths. This is supposed to be fun, RIGHT??

The only other suggestion that I'd have would be that Julie separates the dishcloths into smaller groups and when the album gets to the last person in a group, she sends the next group of cloths out to the next person on the list. This way, the package won't be so heavy going around. I do like the idea of getting several dishcloths and sending several. It will be a nice variety, and we can experience everyone's handywork, not just one person.

Just my thoughts.

Sorry guys ...

I am just in one of them moods today. Let me try to think this through rationally .

If it's going to be a hardship on anyone to do this, maybe we should just forget it or do some other CAL thing . :think

I've got enough ideas to sink the Queen Mary .

I thought this one would be fun, but the last thing I want to do is cause any problems.

Not to cry on anyone's shoulder here, but I have had some pretty devastating news this week and I am trying to come in here to get away from what is happening on MY planet .

I WANT this thing to work. We ALL get along so well here and the last thing I intended was to cause a problem and upset anyone .

I am trying to STAND STRONG this week, but something simple like this could put me under .

I can't DEAL right now with trivial stuff like how many ounces a dishcloth weighs .

Can we just go ahead with the plans to make the dishcloths ?

I'll think on this and see what I can do to alleviate some of the financial end of things .

Tab- PLEASE don't step out.

We'll get it worked out if I have to go down to Chippewa Valley Bank and hold it up with my cap gun and cowboy hat .

Wendy, are you using the thin cotton or the 4-ply craft cotton? When you spoke of a spool I was wondering...

Julie, I've been thinking and I will have to bow out of this CAL after all, much as I LOVE the idea. Time is my major problem, even with the extension.

Sorry to throw a monkey wrench into the works...

Have fun, ladies!

Come on Girls we can do this.:cheer :cheer

We have about 5 weeks to get the dishcloths to Julie's. If we put 6dollars away each week we would have the money saved by the time the album and the dishcloths got to us.

Also Julie do you want us to make the pages up ourselves A4 size and you just put them in a folder. I think it would be fun for us all to do our own. That way all you would have to do is put it together.

Tab come back.

Julie :hug

Oh, Julie! I didn't want my calculations to be tedious... I am just an analytical kind of person. (Math and statistics, THOSE are my majors!) I just thought actual facts might help someone to realize that it wasn't that big of a deal.

Please know that we all love you and we just had to be told to stop running around like chicken little.... (Now where's that BIG DADDY Rooster? He'd distract our attention!)

:D:D :D :D

Ok - Please understand that I really don't want to offend anyone and I understand that we all have different time/financial constraints - but here's how I see it. Julie came up with a fantastic idea. If I had any reservations about what I saw on page one I wouldn't have signed up. I would not sign up for a CAL and then try to change it. Julie obviously put a lot of thought into this before posting in the first place and while I like the idea of tossing out suggestions, I don't think it makes sense to rewrite the whole CAL. That's just my 2 cents.

Archived