Circle of Friends

JulieKay

Just a note to anyone new -- this CAL is complete-- thanks for any interest you may have had, and keep an eye out, we start up new ideas every once in awhile .

Good morning ladies

I think I may have figured out a better solution to the mailing costs, etc for this exchange .

What would you all think of this idea :

When you get your packages ready to send, mail them here and include pre-paid self-addressed envelope that will pay for the cost of mailing you your NEW 15 dishcloths back to you. (Just have the p o weigh what it'd cost to mail the dishcloths ALONE from Ohio back to you .)

Then I can mail each of you your new dishcloths as soon as they all arrive here .

The only thing then that would have to go the slow-boat route around to each house would be the album . We could map that route out and the album would travel by itself . At least then you'd all get your dishcloths quickly, but would have to wait til the album reached you .

Let me know if this sounds like a good or bad idea-- I think it sounds pretty good .

Here are the basics :

1- Please make 15 dishcloths, one for each person on the list ( this does not include yourself ) . Either put them all together in a ziploc or tag each with your name so we know whose is whose .

2-Please gather some photos or postcards which would tell us a little about you or your life. Photos can be of you, your family members, your town, state ,city, house,garden, pets... just about anything you would like to share with the rest of us .

3-Please fill out the questionnaire which is in the next post .

When all 3 steps are complete, contact me for my address if you don't already have it .

All items should be in the mail and to me no later than July 15th. That will be the date I'll mail the box out .

The box with the album will include a list of addresses in order so you will know where to send it next .There will also be a package of mailing labels . All you'll have to do is stick one on and mail it along .

Please keep the ball rolling on this and keep the album no longer than 3 days tops, sooner than that if possible . Everyone will be waiting their turn to get it .

When the album arrives, please drop us a note se we can track where it is .

It'd be great if you could use copies of pictures, etc that you don't need back so the final person doesn't have to mail all photos back, but IF you want yours back, please specify that when you send them to me so I can make note of it .

I think that's it, so get crackin on those dishcloths, gather up your other items and drop them in the mail .

I'll contact each of you as I receive your package .

Have fun !!! :)

~~~~~~~~~~

Mailing Order

~~~~~~~~~~

Charlene-PA

Amy-PA

Kathy and Judy -NJ (* Make 2, get 2 back )

Heather-TN

Lea-NC

Knic-SC

BarbaraB-GA

Cara-TX

Kelle-WA

Jeannie-MI

BarbaraG-IN

Krystal-NY

Tab-NY

Julie-OH

Wendy-Aus

Thanks ~

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First name

Screen name

Birthday

Anniversary

Location ( state or country )

Crocheted for how long ?

Favorite item to make ?

Largest project ever completed :

Favorite color :

Favorite food :

Number of siblings :

Have you lived elsewhere, such as other states or countries and where ?

Family—kids, grandkids, etc ?

Pets :

Any other hobbies ?

Who taught you to crochet ?

Have you taught anyone else ?

What other crafts do you or have you done :

One crochet item you would like to have :

A color of yarn you have NEVER used :

A project you would like to make :

A project you will NEVER make :

What you like best about Crochetville :

Darski

don't feel bad, I don't do photos either -- of myself . I HATE every picture of me, so I will be putting in one when I was little .

Don't feel that you have to put in anything that makes you uncomfortable. this is supposed to be fun, so just toss in some postcards or something along that line if you don't want anything personal included .

Tab- thanks-- you get slot 1 so far as a surefire YES .

I'll take a gander at the calendar and see what kind of date sounds good. I guess it'll depend on how many sign-ees I get as to how much time we'll need to get together the dishcloths .

I already have your address so I won't need to PM you. That's right....I know where you live. :devil:lol

I know where you live, too :devil

Sign me up!! If I can get a nice, okay decent, photo of myself I'll include it...other wise you get my wedding photo. I looked good then :lol

This is gonna be so much fun :jumpyay

BTW, you know how Mr Rogers was freaking Tabby out? Well, ol' PeeWee is making me feel a little creepy today :lol Thanks goodness the avatar will change in a day or too....I know you've got tons of 'em :manyheart

Oooh Oooh Oooh, I just thought of something! I can use this CAL as my excuse to get a new printer finally :jumpyay :jumpyay :jumpyay

We crocheters are completely without shame :rofl

Everything comes back to crochet at one point or another.

I am in for this if you will have me.

Would photos printed on paper do for "where we live" I live beside the most beautiful waterway.

Cara

Thanks-- I aint SKEERED of you either !

As for PeeWee, I MAY be the only fan he has left that is over the age of 8 .

I think he is hilarious, although he does have a little bit of a checkered lifestyle you might say . :lol

Don't fret, tomorrow , I have a new one to lay on you and he won't be scarey ,I promise .

Hi Charlene

Well, we will just wait it out here a little yet to see since we havent gotten a lot of response just yet . I'll be able to tell more once I see how many will be signing up.

We may just have to put it on hold if we don't get many more and try it again at a later date .

Just keep checking back in . :)

Ok Julie, count me as confused. We're making just one packet of pictures, but if there are 10 people participating, we will include 10 cloths? Right? gah, no wonder I'm losingmymind....count me in Julie.

I know where you live, too :devil

Sign me up!! If I can get a nice, okay decent, photo of myself I'll include it...other wise you get my wedding photo. I looked good then :lol

This is gonna be so much fun :jumpyay

Do you mean that that is not you in your avatar? :eek

Another illusion shattered. :cry

:rofl :rofl :rofl

I agree about his being lots of fun. I am voting with Mr Spock on this - it will be ... fascinating :2magic

Surprisingly Cara, Pee-Wee doesn't creep me out. I think it's because my Step Mom loved him so we grew up watching him. :lol :lol :lol

Julie~You best get skeered cause i'm sending the monsters kiddos there for the summer. :devil

Kathy

Don't worry, me and you are in the same boat regarding losing our minds. Yep, you'll just make up one packet with your questionnaire and any photos you want to share, then one dishcloth for each person in the group .

We are now at 7 . I think I'll cut it off at 10 or 12 at the very most .

So, we shall see if we get that many more to sign up ! :)

Darski - nope, that's not me, but I DO have a suit just like that . :lol

This sounds interesting... I think I could rustle up some pics, and make some dishcloths... (can they be knit too? :devil)... anyways, count me in please? Y'all are so very interesting :hug

~k

Tab- forgot to say ... I'll be at our beach house in Malibu for the summer.

Sorry if I miss PeeWee bringing me a package the size of a refrigerator box with AIR HOLES in it .

Maybe better put a return address on it just in case . :D

Archived