Circle of Friends

JulieKay

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I want to apologize to everyone.

When I agreed to join I was only thinking about 17 dishcloths, my little pea brain had not extrapolated that to account for each person and just how many that would become all told.

I am sorry that I have caused dissension and unhappy feelings.

:ghug :ghug :ghug :ghug :ghug

I will just bow out gracefully now.

I love y'all and want you to have a wonderful time with this project. Be very, very blessed.

I really can't tell you how sorry I am that my short-sightedness has caused concern.

Maybe this is just God's way of telling me to finish my UFO's. :yes:wlol

:hug :hug

-----------

I love that stuff! Also, my dream-man, Steve Martin, was born in Waco.

Sorry, Steve Martin cannot be your dream man, he is mine. :rofl

I did not know he was from Texas. Ok, I still like him regardless of that fact.

:rofl

Sorry, Steve Martin cannot be your dream man, he is mine. :rofl

I did not know he was from Texas. Ok, I still like him regardless of that fact.

---------------

Oh, Steve Martin is so my dream man! One of my all-time favorite movies is LA Story.

Dishcloths don't have to be square, do they? Found the cutest pattern that looks like an angel...Angel Dishcloth. Some of you have said you don't use them anyway...that you like to use them in your kitchen decor.

Can't believe that Dishcloths has it's own heading at CPC! I'd have thunk it would be in the Kitchen Crochet category only...they're in the Kitchen Crochet category, too.

And if I misspell dishcloth and spell it "discloth" instead, please forgive me. I think you'll know what I'm talking about.

I wrote out my new schedule last night and every time, I spelled it "discloth"!:lol :lol I was an admin secretary for about 40 years and spelling is important to me...plus I'm a perfectionist. Oh, woe is me!

:manyheart:hug

I've also got a lot of cotton. But I don't have that big of a variety of colors. I bought some blues to make some kitchen items for my sister for her birthday. I did make a few, but then I stopped. Her Bday is Friday, and of course I left her present in PA, when I'll be seeing her in Jersey the rest of the week. :bang

BTW, if anyone makes the Angel Dishcloth, in Rows 2 - 4, you have 2 dc in same st at beg and end of rows. But it doesn't say that for rows 5-6 so I decided to put 2 dc in the last dc on each row (which is in the top ch of the turning ch3).

When I started to do row 7, it turned out that the 35 dc (the ch3 plus the 34 dc) were exactly in the center as I think they should be! There are 20 dc on each side that are unworked. Seems to me if you don't put 2 dc on each end, then the 35 dc won't be in the center. Or there won't be 20 unworked dc on each side.

I'm probably way off in left field!

I don't know if this makes any sense! Don't really have time to think about what I'm writing!

If you're making this dishcloth, then please correct my mistakes! Thank you!

I've got about 10 pounds of crochet cotton here (no exaggeration) in all different colors. I think I'm going to make a "one of each" until I hit 17 or run out of colors, then back to the beginning... :D

:heehee Glad someone else shares my love of cotton yarn :hook It's just so useful for so many things :yes I saw one pound skeins of Sugar n' Cream at Michaels last week. I swear the heavens opened and a light shined down :lol

So glad we made the deadline July 15!! I hate to work under pressure! Let's all just bite the bullet as they say and pay the postage, this is a one time thing, should be fun! Will PM my snail mail address in a minute. I wasn't on line yesterday, dinner guests last night. Charlene

BTW, y'all should check out the summer cotton yarn swap in the swaps section. It just opened up today!

Thanks for the info. I have only done one other swap and this cotton one sounds easy to do for me. :lol I always forget to check the swaps out. I joined up of course. :blush

I've got about 10 pounds of crochet cotton here (no exaggeration) in all different colors. I think I'm going to make a "one of each" until I hit 17 or run out of colors, then back to the beginning... :D

I'd like to make 17 different dishcloths, too but some of the free patterns really confusticate me! :lol

Gonna give it a try, though, as long as it doesn't take up too much time!

So much to do...why am I posting?

Gotta go :hook:hook:hook:hook:hook:hook:hook:hook

Have fun, everyone!

So far I've finished 4 different dishcloths. There's only 1 I'm not happy with. I'm also trying to use all different patterns, but I might get annoyed going through the patterns and finding mistakes. I'll probably make at least a couple out of one pattern I've used already that I really like.

We'll see how many different ones I actually make. Hopefully they won't get too bad that I get bored.

Morning everyone,

Im glad everyone is back on track and making dishcloths. I ended up going to bed last night with a headache.

Krystal thanks for finding the website for the TimTam Slam. I didnt know there was an actual website showing the steps.:lol . Step 7 does get messy.

Tabby Tim Tams are like wafer biscuits with chocolate on the outside and a creamy centre with a hint of caramel.....yummy I want one now.:drool

Amy wow you have 3 done already. Thats excellent.

I found a pattern I like and am going to do just that one and do them in 17 different colors. Are there that many colors.:shrug

I have nearly finished one.

Just wanted to ask for those that use these for the dishes, does it matter with the colors do you find the color runs when you put them in the water.

Hey Wendy, make that 5!

I haven't had much experience with the colors running. I made some for myself a while ago out of red with a cream edging. They didn't seem to run much when I was using them, but when I washed them the cream has a bit of a pink tint to it, and I even washed with cold water. I don't mind, it's not that noticable.

Wendy - I've never had the colors run. They might fade after a while. My blue ones are looking a little faded but they're kinda old :yes

Slice - :woo

I've got four done :yay Technically 6 but not happy with 2 of them...they'll just go in my pile for here at the house. Those don't have to be pretty, just functional :lol

Krystal thanks for finding the website for the TimTam Slam. I didnt know there was an actual website showing the steps.:lol . Step 7 does get messy.

Tabby Tim Tams are like wafer biscuits with chocolate on the outside and a creamy centre with a hint of caramel.....yummy I want one now.:drool

Just wanted to ask for those that use these for the dishes, does it matter with the colors do you find the color runs when you put them in the water.

Gonna have to check out that TimTam Slam! Don't even know what it is!

Yum! I want some Tabby Tim Tams! I love caramel with chocolate. I love caramel with lots of stuff...Turtles, Toffifay candies, I put caramel syrup along with hazelnut creamer in my coffee. My favorite ice cream is Haagen Dazs Dulce de Leche! Yea! Ben & Jerry's had my favorite, Triple Caramel or something like that, but they discontinued it. :angry

Yes, Wendy, I can speak from experience that the colors in the dark multis do run. I have one made from the red, green, brown, blue and white multi-colored thread. It turned out to be very pretty shades of pink! It's okay with me; still washes dishes just fine!

Thats a relief, just in case I get a bright color multi I was wondering if the colors would run or not but I guess it doesnt matter.

Just before i go to work can I just ask is 7inches ok for a dishcloth. I think the one Im making is just going to make this size.

Archived