Circle of Friends

JulieKay

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the picture does make it look good, but you can't really see the cabling made from the 8ch.

here's what mine looks like

th_8ch_blue.jpg

th_8ch_blue_close.jpg

Not really sure why the color looks so bad, probably the artificial lighting, but you get the idea.

Wow.....Took me over an hour to read the posts....I got behind!:yes Everyones patterns are so pretty. Julie, the photo book looks great. I am really excited to be a part of this and cant wait. I'm on my 4th dishcloth so far and am teaching my grandaughter to crochet at the same time. She is doing a great job. I'm off to bed now, and I hope everyone has a great evening. :waving

JulieKay

Yes I am a retired school teacher. I spend my extra time crocheting and kissing grandbabies.

I think all of this is going to be a big party.

Tonight when we build the campfire, I'll furnish marshmellows for everyone. But you'll have to listen to my ghosts stories. They are really frightening!!!!

I will show no mercy.

P.S. don't forget your sleeping bags.

Kay

How many grandbabies do you have and how old are they ?

Been a long time since I had a s'more .

Krystal- now don't forget , you can't use your crochet hook for a marshmallow fork . You'll get burnt ... AGAIN .....

Some people take a little longer than others to learn ..............

Julie I agree thats a great idea. When we mail the dishcloths to you we will know the cost and be able to send you a money order for the return trip. I will have to send a money order, i dont think you can mail an envelope from the states with Aussie stamps on them.

Tabby have fun buying the yarn.

Julie - the new plan makes a lot of sense. I'm all for it. This way we all get the instant gratification of the dishcloths and the anticipation of waiting for the album. You're so smart.

Amy - I tried one of those 8-chain dishcloths last night - I really liked yours - but I could not quite figure out the last row - where you secure the top loop with sc's. Anyway, maybe it was because it was past my bedtime and my head was hurting - I'll take a look at it again today and maybe I'll "get it"

Thanks guys

I dont know how brilliant I am, :lol

but I think this may work best, that way we won't have to wait so long to get the dishcloths and everyone will get them mailed out on the same day, then the book will have to take a slow road, but I see no other way of doing that part .

By the way, if any of you wanna save a step, you can em or pm me with your questionnaire info and I can go ahead and work on them getting them in the album ahead of time .

Only if you wanna do it that way, either way is fine . :)

Barbara - Have you had any luck with the 8ch dishcloth? I had some issues with it as well. I did a little swatch just not to try and show step by step where to insert the hook for the single crochets. I'll try to put together something that you can print out if that will be easier.

Here is the step-by-step directions. I hope they make sense.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w12/slicer22/Crochet/CH8_steps.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w12/slicer22/Crochet/CH8_steps2.jpg

I am sorry to have to pull out also.

I thought it was only 17 dishclothes too. I don't have enough brain power at this stage, dealing with my husband's death on May 20, 2007, to sort thru that many. I figured I could punch out the small amount, but for the large amount of clothes, I don't think I can dedicate the time I would need to work them up to be extra pretty and special.

I am sorry if this caused any problems. I am still going to join groups from C'ville and work my magic in the next project. Look forward to working with ya'll again.:manyheart

Good luck on all of the clothes.

Granny Sunshine:c9

Amy - :ty so much. that was very nice of you to make a pictorial for me. I think I get it now and won't have to frog the whole thing. You're a peach!

No problem Barbara, it was fun. My first experience with writing something that had to do with a pattern. Now time to whip up a dishcloth, then get my day started.

Archived